Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'm going sleep tonight.

I pulled up to an outpost to finish my night off, there was a sloop that pulled up before us but we figured he didn't have much because he probably would have seen us and not risked. The seas were vigilant tonight, I was just fresh off a fairly lengthy battle with another sloop. Anyways I pulled up and we lit the fucker up and it immediately started to sink. The sole owner of the sloop was trying desperately to keep it afloat, I got out of the ship and shotgunned him well my teammate kept our rather large haul of treasure safe. I eventually killed him and his ship sank and then a combination of 15 or so chests, chalice, explosive barrels tandem skulls rose to the top.

Did I seriously just rob that guy of like an hour plus worth of time? I actually feel terrible about it. But also a small part of me is giddy about it.

A part of me also wonders if this type of thing Happened to one of the reviewers who gave this game a 4.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
I love this game so much...Rare has just nailed the atmosphere down, and everything is tight as hell. It's all I want to play...and poor Ni No Kuni is sitting there crying...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Played the game solidly since Monday night and now I'm going away abroad for 2 weeks. I'm gonna miss it so much!

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
my man, if you've played 30+ hours already, you need a break anyways. That's like 6 hours a night since it came out.

I feel you on not loving the cosmetics, but I think you're probably burnt out anyways man

yes, there is a really sweet looking pirate dress.....but I was an idiot and picked a male in the beginning and I am NOT starting over again.....will wait for in game change.

Plus forts used to be doable in twos in the beta rather nicely.....but they jacked up the shit out of the skeleton health and numbers it seems.......I wish they somewhat scaled to people loading into the island nearby

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yes, there is a really sweet looking pirate dress.....but I was an idiot and picked a male in the beginning and I am NOT starting over again.....will wait for in game change.

Plus forts used to be doable in twos in the beta rather nicely.....but they jacked up the shit out of the skeleton health and numbers it seems.......I wish they somewhat scaled to people loading into the island nearby
I don't think skeleton ai changed so much as you have to face gold, shadow and plant ones now.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So uh, if anyone was wondering....

Yes you can encounter the Kraken in a storm.

Yes it is terrifying.

Even more so when we have 10 planks left, an unpatched mid deck, and no cannonballs. All because we fended off a sloop and another galleon twice each.

Finally made it to the outpost like the opening of jack sparrows entrance in pirates of the carribean

nope nope nope

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
i work all weekend and was busy wednesday/thursday so i havent been able to play as much as id like but i finally got the order of souls up to rank 20 tonight and the tankard you unlock that gets you fucking wasted in 2-3 full drinks instead of like 5ish is so rad

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Just did another 3 hour session with some guy I met from Australia. We met another sloop at an island and he informed us that there's rare spices on the island as a nice gesture. We had a boat full of good. Then the ship randomly sank with no holes in it. So I'm stuck there in the middle of the ocean with all our loot just floating and he takes a mermaid to respawn our ship and I fend off 2 sharks and he makes it back to me and we load it back up and finally get to an outpost.

This game has some of the most tense moment when your sailing the seas with a bunch of loot and you never know what can happen. Can care less of the reviews as it's given me 20 hours of random joy and interaction I've never had from a game before.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just did another 3 hour session with some guy I met from Australia. We met another sloop at an island and he informed us that there's rare spices on the island as a nice gesture. We had a boat full of good. Then the ship randomly sank with no holes in it. So I'm stuck there in the middle of the ocean with all our loot just floating and he takes a mermaid to respawn our ship and I fend off 2 sharks and he makes it back to me and we load it back up and finally get to an outpost.

This game has some of the most tense moment when your sailing the seas with a bunch of loot and you never know what can happen. Can care less of the reviews as it's given me 20 hours of random joy and interaction I've never had from a game before.

Didn't ever think about one staying behind with the loot while another player comes back for you... Genius! How many shark did you have to fight?! Run out of ammo?

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Forgive me if I have missed this, but have achievement unlocks been disabled? I have not earned any since launch day(even though I have fulfilled requirements) and a friend of mine who just started today has not unlocked any at all, despite also doing the requirements for some

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't ever think about one staying behind with the loot while another player comes back for you... Genius! How many shark did you have to fight?! Run out of ammo?

Just 2 sharks, had a blunderbuss with full ammo and 5 bananas so I was fine. If another shark arrived things woulda been different.

And also ya let us meet other crews at taverns and let us gamble our gold. Sitting down with another crew to gamble our gold away would be pretty great.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Forgive me if I have missed this, but have achievement unlocks been disabled? I have not earned any since launch day(even though I have fulfilled requirements) and a friend of mine who just started today has not unlocked any at all, despite also doing the requirements for some

Yeah they turned them off (or at least moved them down the queue) to alleviate the servers! Everything will unlock at a later date.

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
Proud moment for my crew. We got our ship up and customized. She had a couple battle scars when this was taken.

5WqHpHc.png
I'm guessing that's three different people's ship purchases put on the same ship?

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017
I wanted to give a shot at having the 20 chest aboard achievement tonight while I was solo. Got up to 13 or 14 so before some silly duo-person sloop decided that I was now their mortal enemy. After a bit of chasing, I decided to start boarding them. Managed to kill them both on my first shot, and also dumped their captain's chest overboard (they respawned and killed me as I was dumping their castaway chest overboard, lol). The next hour or so was pretty much a bunch of this. Every now and then we would fire some cannon shots at each other, or I used a gunpowder barrel, jumped in the water and mine'd their ship from underneath. I also decided pretty early on that there was no way I could keep both my sanity, and the freaking pig on my ship, so I did a drive-by cash in of that. They finally decided I wasn't worth the trouble when I figured the only way I could get them to quit would be to go straight into the storm.

In the end, I was able to cash in all of my treasure, and they walked away with even less loot than what they started the fight with. That's what you get pirates!

When can we expect the dlc for watching that steam yesterday on twitch?

You mean on Mixer, not Twitch, right? AFAIK, you don't get anything if you watch on Twitch. Anyway, they show up within 7 days. You'll have a notification on Mixer letting you know when it's on your account.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You're not filling me with hope BBQ, I'd have hoped 24 > 25 wouldn't be longer than 20 > 24 ;)

Any news on how far Lappe is from 50/50/50? Kept an eye out but seen nothing
Yeah, Life happened man, and things have seriously slowed down :D
I need to get back to work tomorrow :(
Currently 39/39/37

Took in a haul in yesterday worth 41 000 We began gathering this jackpot by doing a skullfort. After completion we had a Italian guy join our crew, and we just decided to continue collecting loot, and this guy was shitting his pants all the time. 2,5 hours just straight systematical loot gathering, it was nerve wrecking and in the end we just had to sell them, because we started to feel bad for this Italian guy, who had been partying the whole previous night with no sleep , and he wanted to sleep, but could not because he wanted to be apart of this mega chest haul.

I've been taking a ton of screenshots, I'll try to post them later. There are some amazing shots, of a 2 vs. 2 galleon battle with got into.

Haven't been reading this forum for a couple of days now, because the atmosphere around this game was getting fucking shitty to be honest. Why do people seem to be angry at this game?

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't done anything in this game because I play alone. Will wait for friends to get it or unfortunately ask for a refund

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Had a ton of fun with a set of randoms.

Just so cool sailing around bullshiting.

This feels like a perfect game pass game as well.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had probably one of the greatest multiplayer experiences in gaming tonight. Our 4 man decided to do a skellie fortress. Upon arriving there was a fully decked out 4 man ship who was already dealing with a few waves. We tried to take them down but they sank our ship. This happened 3 more times. Finally on the 4th try we managed to sink them with some help from the skellie cannons. We jump on the fortress and start quickly trying to deal with the waves before they come back.

Just as we see them in the horizon we the boss spawns. 0 bananas. Manage to lure him near the deck and just spam sword attacks until he dies. The ship is super close to us and theres a storm coming. Rather than take the treasure we decided to just take the key and sail off and once we lose the ship we'll come back. Unfortunately the storm starts sinking us and so since we have a new ship with barely any supplies the guy with a key jumps ship near an island and we figure we'll come back for him. The 4 man galleon is still chasing us and in the heat of battle neither of us realizes we sailed into the red sea. We both sink. For us we think this is a fantastic thing because that means they now think we just lost all the loot from the skellie fortress.

We spawn on our new ship and take off to go pick up our guy with the key. Of course no one remembers what the name of the island was. So we frantically try to figure out where we last saw them. Our guy on the island tells us we spawned on the island so no worries. Right before realizing that it wasn't us, it was the god damn galleon that was chasing us ended up spawning on the same island he was on. More panic as he points out theres a mermaid near by and theyre going to realize someone is still hanging out there. We just start sailing. Luckily the galleon takes off. Finally we orient ourselves to his position and manage to get back to the fortress, get all of the loot and cash in for 15k. I described that in 3 paragraphs but that process took about 2 hours to play out and it was incredibly tense throughout the entire experience. Pulling that off has to be one of the greatest feats Ive had in gaming.

Oct 27, 2017
Had probably one of the greatest multiplayer experiences in gaming tonight. Our 4 man decided to do a skellie fortress. Upon arriving there was a fully decked out 4 man ship who was already dealing with a few waves. We tried to take them down but they sank our ship. This happened 3 more times. Finally on the 4th try we managed to sink them with some help from the skellie cannons. We jump on the fortress and start quickly trying to deal with the waves before they come back.

Just as we see them in the horizon we the boss spawns. 0 bananas. Manage to lure him near the deck and just spam sword attacks until he dies. The ship is super close to us and theres a storm coming. Rather than take the treasure we decided to just take the key and sail off and once we lose the ship we'll come back. Unfortunately the storm starts sinking us and so since we have a new ship with barely any supplies the guy with a key jumps ship near an island and we figure we'll come back for him. The 4 man galleon is still chasing us and in the heat of battle neither of us realizes we sailed into the red sea. We both sink. For us we think this is a fantastic thing because that means they now think we just lost all the loot from the skellie fortress.

We spawn on our new ship and take off to go pick up our guy with the key. Of course no one remembers what the name of the island was. So we frantically try to figure out where we last saw them. Our guy on the island tells us we spawned on the island so no worries. Right before realizing that it wasn't us, it was the god damn galleon that was chasing us ended up spawning on the same island he was on. More panic as he points out theres a mermaid near by and theyre going to realize someone is still hanging out there. We just start sailing. Luckily the galleon takes off. Finally we orient ourselves to his position and manage to get back to the fortress, get all of the loot and cash in for 15k. I described that in 3 paragraphs but that process took about 2 hours to play out and it was incredibly tense throughout the entire experience. Pulling that off has to be one of the greatest feats Ive had in gaming.

I know how it feels to have just killed the boss when you see some other players on the horizon it's a scary and tense moment

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At what point does the beacon disappear? Once the boss is killed?
Great question and I have no idea. I know the eyes indicate the different stages. Like I said we sort of just peaced the fuck out and there was a storm so I have no idea what the status of the cloud was. But the key works on the door whether the fortress is active or not. So for future reference if you need to bail grab the key and come back.

Stitch AU

Oct 29, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
That story above is exactly why this game is so great and can be so divisive amongst players unless you have experiences like that.

On Friday night I was on a galleon with 2 mates and we had a 3 map gold trader voyage to do. We did 2 of 3 and noticed that there was another galleon parked at the island we wanted to goto so we sold everything at the nearest outpost in hopes they would leave before we needed to get there.

Unfortunately they were still there so we decided to sail to the island anyway and not fire unless fired upon in hopes we could peaceful go about our business.

What happened next was a 30 minute ship battle which had what felt like some of the most epic moments I have had in gaming online. We ended up losing in the end but it was incredible how much fun it was.

We eventually finished the voyage and found a captains chest and a skull on a shipwreck (we now have a total of 6 chests and the skull on board). All of which took us about an hour to accumulate. We set sail back to an outpost nearby which I could not see another ship at. Unfortunately when we docked the same players from that ship battle were standing at the jetty and started to shoot their guns at us. I ran with the skull through the water under the jetty and quickly sold it but was shot in the back at the trader. My two other mates were killed as well and the other crew stole our chests we had on deck and sold them.

Luckily our two higher value chests were hidden on the crows nest and we're safe and sound when we were back and the other crew had left us alone so we at least didn't lose those.

On of the greatest times I have had in an online game in soooo long. I love this game.

winwood

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Great reading about people's experiences in the game. I've not had chance to play much yet, but enjoyed the beta and alpha.

It goes to show what this game is all about, fun and tense socially interactive experiences. From my perspective Rare have provided a solid foundation for us to make our own adventures which is great.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
keyboard and mouse boat raiding is not even fair......I went on a 32-1 barrage.....its literally impossible for any controller user to keep up with a sprinting bunny hopping blunderbuss........its absolutely insane. I should have recorded it

the one death was the shark lol

Static Veins

Oct 25, 2017
UK

These are the stories that make this game something special. Current content is sadly barebones but the player interactions that unfold keep me coming back for more.

Last night I was flying solo and ended up in a chase with another solo player in a storm as we kept stealing each other's treasure, racing back to the nearest outpost.

I won.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah, Life happened man, and things have seriously slowed down :D
I need to get back to work tomorrow :(
Currently 39/39/37

Took in a haul in yesterday worth 41 000 We began gathering this jackpot by doing a skullfort. After completion we had a Italian guy join our crew, and we just decided to continue collecting loot, and this guy was shitting his pants all the time. 2,5 hours just straight systematical loot gathering, it was nerve wrecking and in the end we just had to sell them, because we started to feel bad for this Italian guy, who had been partying the whole previous night with no sleep , and he wanted to sleep, but could not because he wanted to be apart of this mega chest haul.

I've been taking a ton of screenshots, I'll try to post them later. There are some amazing shots, of a 2 vs. 2 galleon battle with got into.

Haven't been reading this forum for a couple of days now, because the atmosphere around this game was getting fucking shitty to be honest. Why do people seem to be angry at this game?

Wow, so still a while to go then :)

Regarding atmos it's been pretty nice in here the last couple of days, people posting stories, the odd screenshot general help (and an awful lot of pointing out where the discord link is) ;)

Discord has been nice and pleasant too.
I mistakenly read and posted in the review thread last night though without thinking, shan't bother with that again. It was the same last month with MG survive, once the dust settled we had a nice little OT going :)

Alx

Oct 27, 2017
All those stories of people getting at each other's throat in fort attacks are funny. I went to my first one yesterday, and since I was alone on my sloop it was mostly out of curiosity and I expected a blood bath. But I arrived to see four other sloops parked in front of the fort, and as I entered I saw all pirates playing together, fighting off skeletons. I join them, we quickly clean up a few waves, and I tag team with another player to finish off the captain. As he drops the key we just look at it for a few seconds, then the other players grabs it (I wasn't going for it since I was late to the party and barely did my part... but maybe that was the case of that player too).
I expected chaos to ensue (and was staying a bit behind in case someone had funny ideas), but all players went to regroup to the entrance of the treasure room, almost lining up, and as soon as it opened just went and grab what they could and went back to their ship, sending thanks to each other on the way.
As I was sailing away with a minor part of the loot, I saw two boats waiting at the same outpost, and the others going their own way. It was rather uneventful, but quite nice. ^^

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Wow, so still a while to go then :)

Regarding atmos it's been pretty nice in here the last couple of days, people posting stories, the odd screenshot general help (and an awful lot of pointing out where the discord link is) ;)

Discord has been nice and pleasant too.
I mistakenly read and posted in the review thread last night though without thinking, shan't bother with that again. It was the same last month with MG survive, once the dust settled we had a nice little OT going :)

Yup. It will past. Unfortunately it will pass when they move on to the next thing. Which I'm afraid might be state of decay 2

Hey, at least they won't have the 'how can this be $60' argument.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yup. It will past. Unfortunately it will pass when they move on to the next thing. Which I'm afraid might be state of decay 2

I like this game as much as anyone else in here, but I still think that a price tag around $40 would've been more appropriate.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Quite probable, you know I genuinley wasn't bothered by SoD 2 but the price, mix of solo/co-op and finally the community from here once in game and playing has me really tempted. You guys have made SoT amazing fun this week despite having to wade through "the usual".

I like this game as much as anyone else in here, but I still think that a price tag around $40 would've been more appropriate.

I agree here, I'm glad I decided to get a refund for my full price pre order and just use game pass, the price is steep for what I get from it.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I'm not even a hardcore fan of this game and might not extend Gamepass for it, but given how every other thread seems to be shat on, I'm glad this place still is actually about the game and experiences from players. I honestly didn't expect that lol.

And yes, a 30-40 Bucks price tag would be way more appropriate.

Do we have a legit roadmap and/or upcoming feature list yet?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Some guy played hide and seek with us today. We rocked up at a island to cash in and he fired on one of our crew and stole his chicken.i shot at him with my cannon and the other 2 members of our crew ran off after him, but he gave us the slip.

For 20 minutes we looked for him while he kept spamming 'aye' in chat, and we never found him. We ended up taking off to drop our loot elsewhere.

Sneaky bastard.

Edit: Captains log:DAY 4....still no skull cloud.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I haven't done anything in this game because I play alone. Will wait for friends to get it or unfortunately ask for a refund

I've only played solo so far, got to 11/10/11. We could team up sometimes, what's your time zone? I'm GMT+1, I mostly play in the morning, and sometimes in the evening. Shoot me a PM.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Nope. Rare are working hard to get the game working correctly at the moment. We still don't have achievements.

They really should speak to their community to address fears of lack of content soon though. I'd expect something perhaps next weekend.

I second this, I can live with slow/polished updates but we need a road map. Keeping too much stuff secret might bite them in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.