OmarTheHippo

Oct 27, 2017
That seems really good for boarding.
We'll see how easy it is to throw while on a ladder. The video makes it look easy, but people who can do that consistently probably didn't have any issues boarding

Most likely it just changes the meta of ladder watching. Instead of waiting for them to reach the top, you just throw a bomb at the bottom right away

They need to add a delay between equipping and throwing. Same as fire bombs

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Yeah, Insider stuff right now is nuts. Absolute game-changing mechanics in there, really really good update.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Insider stuff right now is nuts. Absolute game-changing mechanics in there, really really good update.

It honestly feels like the biggest update since anniversary in that core gameplay loops and systems will be changing. It's something I do think the game desperately needed to give it a big shot of life and its frustrating I can't say more!

Spill the beans rare!

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
well at least it gives me more time to get that last set of 5 skellies on fire i need for the raging fortress inferno commendation while fireballs are still easy to acquire en mass.

been having a hard time getting into a situation to even make it happen, and im usually good at sweettalking people for commendations that require multiple crews. its just way too esoteric for the average player. then when i finally do, it feels like half the time it doesnt register and half the people im with are just doing the fort normally making it harder to rope up 5 skellies to blast.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Huh.

I discovered a multi-pronged bug over the weekend and reported it. They got back to me with a "rewards can be delayed" message which was only a very tiny part of the bug and honestly it was the least concerning of the issues. I replied back with a "hey yes but the other part of this bug is actually a big issue." They got back to me today saying they were looking into it...

And then this. HMMMMMMMM

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Huh.

I discovered a multi-pronged bug over the weekend and reported it. They got back to me with a "rewards can be delayed" message which was only a very tiny part of the bug and honestly it was the least concerning of the issues. I replied back with a "hey yes but the other part of this bug is actually a big issue." They got back to me today saying they were looking into it...

And then this. HMMMMMMMM

THANKS A LOT FOR DELAYING THE UPDATE PAC

/s

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Another 55G for the Achievements folks.

hWMRBSP.png

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Seems the only time limited stuff this update is purchase of the Reaper's Mark Sails and the Shamrock Tankard. The Athena's Run stuff is listed as a permanent addition after the Heart of Fire update.

None of the commendations are time limited right? Just wondering if I wait on doing them all till next month...

Got so much else to play.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Don't love the Conker set honestly. It's pretty close in style to the Banjo set. I usually grab the nostalgia ships but might give this one a miss.

Still waiting on my Blast Corps ship.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
a real fun thing to do with the new tall tale if youre 2-3 people is to each open a different door and race each other to the inner sanctum

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Me and some work buddies have been discussing some game we can all play socially and Sea of Thieves was decided, as 2/4 of us have played it.

It's been about a year since I've played it last. Any good advice/tips for newcomers/someone who has taken a hiatus? It seems like a lot has been added since the last time I commandeered a ship.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Me and some work buddies have been discussing some game we can all play socially and Sea of Thieves was decided, as 2/4 of us have played it.

It's been about a year since I've played it last. Any good advice/tips for newcomers/someone who has taken a hiatus? It seems like a lot has been added since the last time I commandeered a ship.

Welcome back!

Do the Maiden Voyage that they've added. It's a solo only tutorial/introductory island that teaches you everything and it's super fun. New players will be forced to do it. Returning players can access it from the main menu by pressing x (I think? You'll see it in one corner).

You should explore doing some Tall Tales if you haven't done any... The new one (Heart of Fire) is AMAZING but loads of the others are fun as hell too.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
You should explore doing some Tall Tales if you haven't done any... The new one (Heart of Fire) is AMAZING but loads of the others are fun as hell too.
How do you start a Tall Tale? Since I've re-installed the game, I've done one voyage from the gold guy, but then I had to stop for the weekend.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
How do you start a Tall Tale? Since I've re-installed the game, I've done one voyage from the gold guy, but then I had to stop for the weekend.

Hit start and go to your Reputations page. You'll have a tab in there for Tall Tales where it details all the Tall Tales and every commendation (in-game achievements) for each one. Hovering over each Tall Tale will tell you where to start it from. The first Tall Tale is started via the Mysterious Stranger in the tavern for example. The Heart of Fire tale is started at the innkeeper at Morrow's Peak. They all have a different start point.

how-to-start-tall-tales-sea-of-thieves.jpg

ahvber3nnex21.png

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Nah I'll probably switch back to Tale Whisperer after flexing for a bit, i always preferred the snappier more esoteric ones.

Just found out today theres an arena equivalent - a white boat called The Good Boy you have a low chance of spawning into that even has its own unique scoring jingles. Saw it pop up in the lobby when i was about to leave and hung around in the match long enough to catch the name. theres always something lmao

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
weirdly quick turn around on finding out The Good Boy even exists and then crossing off "Sailing on it during an Arena match" off my SoT bucket list
uFrAjgg.png

didnt see any good LFG posts so i rolled an open arena crew to kill a little time and loaded halfway into a match with a kid who never played before

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
news.xbox.com

Introducing Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks Plus New Titles for Console and PC - Xbox Wire

Today, we’re announcing Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks, a new exclusive member benefit starting March 18 that provides even more value for our Ultimate members. When we launched Xbox Game Pass in June 2017, we did so with the goal of creating a membership that provides the best value in gaming...

Sea of Thieves: The essential pirate experience, from sailing and fighting to exploring and looting – everything you need to live the pirate life and become a legend in your own right. With Perks, you get a free Ori-inspired Ancestral Sails, Figurehead, Hull, and Flag to adorn your ship.

ew4EMyP.png

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Is there something us Game Pass Ultimate users need to do to unlock it? It said something about redeeming the perks in the Xbox (beta) app on PC but I don't see anything related in there yet

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Just redeemed it myself.

On my Xbox One, there was a new "Perks" button on the Gamepass tab. Picking the Sea of Thieves one gave me a code (and a QR code to scan) which I redeemed and got it.

IcMGqOn.png

O4XpLRc.png

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there something us Game Pass Ultimate users need to do to unlock it? It said something about redeeming the perks in the Xbox (beta) app on PC but I don't see anything related in there yet
Yeah they mention using the apps but I cant find a way to redeem via browser or mobile app.

Will have to wait till I get home I guess.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they mention using the apps but I cant find a way to redeem via browser or mobile app.

Will have to wait till I get home I guess.

I had to completely close my Xbox (beta) app and then when I restarted it I found the Perks banner when i scrolled nearly all the way down on the Game Pass tab

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017

Some Anniversary stuff:
  • Free Play Days from March 18th to March 23th
  • Dev Stream on March 20th 17:00 GMT with Spinal Figurehead as a MixPot reward
  • Anybody who plays on Anniversary weekend will get a special Eye of Reach (it looks like a gold Launch Crew Eye of Reach)
  • Anniversay Event starting March 20th for 3 weeks, celebrating past events like Hungering Deep or Cursed Sails and you will be able to get some of the exclusive rewards available during those updates

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I tried looking into ultimate and it said upgrade for $1 but it didn't process, now when I go it says the full price, must've thought I was a new user or something? :(

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Man, I tried looking into ultimate and it said upgrade for $1 but it didn't process, now when I go it says the full price, must've thought I was a new user or something? :(
The website is pretty bad and will show you the deal multiple times, even if youre logged into an account thats already used a gamepass deal in the past, even though it wont actually count for you when you getting to checkout