PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Just a quick heads up for the guild, I need to know what platform your on if you want to join, unfortunately the game does not allow for name searches.
Failing that just search for The Grogaholics

Last edited:

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using PS5 launch as a great excuse to grind Hourglass. So many new players, so much easy reputation ....

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Gilded Voyages are nuts and definitely recommend doing them. Gold Hoarders emissary 5 value gave me like 1.1M gold. Def run an emissary for it. Took me maybe like... an hour to complete? Did it mostly solo too so it could've been faster.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Had such a great session yesterday. Bought a Brig for the speed and my friend joined as well, from my last experience with this boat, 3 people are definitely required so we did an open game to get a 3rd player.

No voice chat but we were able to use in game text to manoeuvre; complete a treasure hunt, riddle, act like headless chickens when a volcano exploded but still survived with some quick thinking and sank a skeleton ship too before safely reaching the outpost at devils Roar. Bought myself a pet monkey too to celebrate.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Gilded Voyages are nuts and definitely recommend doing them. Gold Hoarders emissary 5 value gave me like 1.1M gold. Def run an emissary for it. Took me maybe like... an hour to complete? Did it mostly solo too so it could've been faster.

Damn right. Did two Athena's Fortune Gilded voyages last night back to back and went up about 15 levels in the faction 😅 Went from 55 to 70.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
A quick heads up to all PlayStation Pirates that have requested to join the Guild, I'm working on it but currently the screen names are not showing up in game on the friends lists. PC and Xbox works fine so I'm waiting for a reply from Rare on this problem.
Currently the only known way to add a PlayStation player is to add them in game via the guild emote in game.

So PSN guys your not forgotten and it would be easy if one of us that run the guilds had a copy of the game on PS5 but we don't.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
I'm considering getting the game in PS5 but got a couple of questions:

- How fun/worth is the game mainly for solo play?
- How is the experience playing with randoms via matchmaking? Is a mic needed at all in order not to be a hindrance?

Due to life shenanigans I'd rather play at my own pace, but wouldn't rule out trying out some multiplayer at some point

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm considering getting the game in PS5 but got a couple of questions:

- How fun/worth is the game mainly for solo play?
- How is the experience playing with randoms via matchmaking? Is a mic needed at all in order not to be a hindrance?

Due to life shenanigans I'd rather play at my own pace, but wouldn't rule out trying out some multiplayer at some point

IMO,

1. Playing solo is more difficult as you need to take care of all the elements of the ship yourself. It can seem overwhelming, but if you watch a few YT videos on solo play, you should be fine. If you are thinking of playing only solo and do not want to run into any other players I'd consider trying Safer Seas which puts you on your own server with just PVE enemies/threats.

2. When you matchmake a sloop, you're likely to get teamed up with someone who at least has a goal in mind. Mics are not needed but communication without one will be difficult if you're in the middle of a battle. There is quick chat, but it's painfully vague at times. If you run into another crew and they have microphones, you'll be hard-pressed to communicate, and in this game, being able to speak can save you/your treasure (sometimes).

Don't worry about losing gold. Everyone gets sunk. Just have fun.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Sent some invites out for the second Grog guild, please note if your on PlayStation you must link your id with Xbox and accept my friend request before I can invite you.

I need your Xbox id that you made to be able to send a guild invite.

Last edited:

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to give this another shot now it's on PS as well and I'm running into the exact same issue. Matchmake and within seconds people leave. I just don't know how you're supposed to get a run going, it's been like this ever since that open beta ended and it's such a shame. They really need to implement matchmaking bans or something

Edit: is there room in the guild and is it populated? It's genuinely barely worth trying the MM unfortunately. I've wasted hours tonight to achieve all of one mission and a shit load of trying to find a match where people actually play the game

Last edited:

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did the skull of siren song voyage yesterday and it was the most nerve-wrecking one yet. I was looking out like a hawk while my friend found the key and chest, could see ships in the distance felt like they were conspiring.

As we approached the third Island we saw a galleon starboard side in the distance coming toward the Island as well, and we just got really tense. I picked up the skull and just jumped into the water as we approached land and ran to find captain brigsby.

Fortunately they arrived a minute too late, and we sold the skull for a cool 50k gold. Laughing as they filled us with bullets.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Decided to give this another shot now it's on PS

Edit: is there room in the guild and is it populated?

First guild filled up pretty fast, second guild also under the 'Grog' banner is open for anyone interested.
I will need your exact Xbox id that you made when you started the game. You will get access to some outfit items as the guild levels up.

Also heads up, next weekend is community weekend so perks should be active.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First guild filled up pretty fast, second guild also under the 'Grog' banner is open for anyone interested.
I will need your exact Xbox id that you made when you started the game. You will get access to some outfit items as the guild levels up.

Also heads up, next weekend is community weekend so perks should be active.
Ah got it! I'll have to check what my ID was, it's actually an old one from a PC profile for Gears iirc but I always forget whether there's and underscore in there or not lol. I'll PM it over later! Is there a guild discord too?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Ah got it! I'll have to check what my ID was, it's actually an old one from a PC profile for Gears iirc but I always forget whether there's and underscore in there or not lol. I'll PM it over later! Is there a guild discord too?
We have a fairly new Discord that covers a bunch of games and yes Sea Of Thieves has its own section. Anyone is welcome all we ask is keep things polite 👍🏻. https://discord.gg/waDqKbZ8ed