• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Ok yeah the trophies definitely didn't all pop with account transfer. I've got trophies for getting all commendations in a tall tale but not the trophy for completing it.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do you get any gold while completing tall tales? I kind of want to work on some but I'm close to 250k to buy a ship so I'd rather work on that if not.

beebop

May 30, 2023
I don't know if it's caused by the development of it, but boy you PS folk sure have picked the worst time to jump into the game lol.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Swear to god Rare lying about reducing the frequency of skele ships spawning/attacking you

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Hm anyone having issues with Lost Voyages merchant shipments since the update? The few I've done didn't spawn the captain's key and one last voyage last night had a repeating clue..

beebop

May 30, 2023
yeah I've been playing on and off since 2018 and I've never experienced more bugs than this year, certain issues have persisted for multiple patches despite rare claiming to have fixed them and it's getting more broken with every update
It's always had issues, yeah, but the closer we've gotten to the PS5 launch this year the worse it's gotten. I don't know if this is because of something the PS5 version is adding to the codebase, or if it's the redirection of development resource onto that rather than platform maintenance, but considering the drop that coincided with the early access on Friday it doesn't feel like a coincidence at this point.

I suspect a lot of new players won't know any better, but man PvP is almost unplayable a lot of the time.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
The only PVP I've experienced so far was getting griefed by two players killing me in my empty ship over and over again until I quit the game so I figured it was working as intended.

beebop

May 30, 2023
The only PVP I've experienced so far was getting griefed by two players killing me in my empty ship over and over again until I quit the game so I figured it was working as intended.
Why would you respawn more than once or twice without scuttling unless you were enjoying trying to break the camp?

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Yesterday my crew was finishing a tall tale and were going back to an outpost with the items from the tale and so many treasures. As we were docking we saw ship heading straight towards us, so one of us quickly took the tale items to give them to the merchant so we could finish the tale, while rest of us tried to sell as many treasures as possible.

Then we noticed the other ship was approaching us really slowly and the captain was waving at us, so we waved back and he said he was friendly. He helped us carry the treasures to the merchant, and afterwards we played music together, got drunk and he puked all over our ship.

Dis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else having weird lag spikes/rubber banding today? It was fine all weekend but today it's just constant weirdness where I stutter around, rubber band and all sorts of weirdness.

beebop

May 30, 2023
Is anyone else having weird lag spikes/rubber banding today? It was fine all weekend but today it's just constant weirdness where I stutter around, rubber band and all sorts of weirdness.
I've had some big frame drops today.

Worth noting that if you're open crew it might match you into other regions, so that can cause performance issues.

Dis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've had some big frame drops today.

Worth noting that if you're open crew it might match you into other regions, so that can cause performance issues.

Closed crew and just seems like anytime I interact with something it stutters/rubber bands or frame drops. It's weird

Dis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I assume you've tried hopping to a different server?

I have not, how do I do that? I've closed the game and turned my ps5 off multiple times today to do other stuff and came back on after, would that not already change my servers? I was just about to reboot my router in case somehow that's causing it.

I'll see if I can upload a video of it and share it if it keeps happening, just seems weird as hell.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
i'll just say i don't think i'm gonna try playing again after experiencing a galleon chasing me down while in my solo sloop and using their new harpoon tightrope to steal my one chest and end my play session

like seriously they made it impossible for a sloop to escape now, if a galleon wants to fight you, you have to fight and it *sucks*

it's not emergent gameplay

there is no negative to using the harpoon. they fall off and immediately get a mermaid to send them back and try again. I can't make my sloop move faster than the galleon, the galleon is always faster.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
i'll just say i don't think i'm gonna try playing again after experiencing a galleon chasing me down while in my solo sloop and using their new harpoon tightrope to steal my one chest and end my play session

like seriously they made it impossible for a sloop to escape now, if a galleon wants to fight you, you have to fight and it *sucks*

it's not emergent gameplay
did they have the wind horn or something? it should be impossible for a galleon to catch you sailing into the wind as a sloop

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
did they have the wind horn or something? it should be impossible for a galleon to catch you sailing into the wind as a sloop

i did hear a horn

so probably

it annoys me because they were fighting an event and intentionally abandoned said event to chase me down... for my one chest that i couldn't open and a skull. on the first mission i try to play.

Dis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so I rebooted my console again as well as my router, still happening. I made a video to show it. The video is while sailing but it does it all over the place no matter what I'm doing. I tried to interact with different parts of the boat and move a little while sailing to see if it triggered it happening but as the video goes on and I get nearer the outpost it really kicks in to the stuttering and jumping.

View: https://youtu.be/IIecNR7FPfM

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Ok so I rebooted my console again as well as my router, still happening. I made a video to show it. The video is while sailing but it does it all over the place no matter what I'm doing. I tried to interact with different parts of the boat and move a little while sailing to see if it triggered it happening but as the video goes on and I get nearer the outpost it really kicks in to the stuttering and jumping.

View: https://youtu.be/IIecNR7FPfM

Looks like packet loss. Could be a server issue, ISP issue, or router issue. If it's just Sea of Thieves then it's probably a server issue.

Dis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like packet loss. Could be a server issue, ISP issue, or router issue. If it's just Sea of Thieves then it's probably a server issue.

Yep just sea of thieves. Played helldivers, cod, tekken without an issue. I'm going to load up the Xbox version to see if it happens there still.

Dis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok sorry my bad everyone haha. I figured it out after booting the Xbox version with no issues. Then I remembered I took my ps5 upstairs the other day and used WiFi on it while there. When I hooked it back up it doesn't auto change to wired downstairs like the Xbox does. Switched it to wired internet and all good again now. So it was my bad WiFi connection to my ps5 in the living room that was at fault not the game haha. No idea why SoT was shaking it more than other games but glad it's sorted. Back to the high seas I go :)

beebop

May 30, 2023
Had a great time this evening. Joined an event being done by a brig ready for them to shit on me but they were cool PS5 players and were excited for me to help, then another brig came in, but also wanted to help. Then we all sailed to the FoF and did that together and had some fucking great laughs.

This game is an absolute gem (when it works).

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I played this game for about an hour and it gave me motion sickness so bad I had to run to the bathroom and puked my fucking guts up. I have never had that happen with a game before.

Game was fun up until then, though!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Holy shit, I played this game for about an hour and it gave me motion sickness so bad I had to run to the bathroom and puked my fucking guts up. I have never had that happen with a game before.

Game was fun up until then, though!
You're getting your sea legs! I think it's safe to say you prob shouldn't get drunk on the grog in game or pick up one of the groggy chests.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You're getting your sea legs! I think it's safe to say you prob shouldn't get drunk on the grog in game or pick up one of the groggy chests.

I don't know if I am brave enough to go back. I was looking for a FOV adjuster, but wasn't seeing one. The Internet says one exists, so I will have to give it another look.

I will definitely go solo to test the waters again. Was slightly embarrassing (and funny) to quickly tell my friend I was playing with that I had to go cause I was gonna be sick. And then, my wife assumed I was playing with my brother since he is my usual video game partner. So, she texts him that I just ran to the bathroom, and he is just like "what the hell are you talking about?" LOL.

I seriously can't believe that happened. I have occasionally gotten motion sickness from games before, but on the rare occasion it has happened, it is just a head ache and feeling a little quesay. That was the first time that it was like "oh, shit, I am legit about to puke!"

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I don't know if I am brave enough to go back. I was looking for a FOV adjuster, but wasn't seeing one. The Internet says one exists, so I will have to give it another look.

I will definitely go solo to test the waters again. Was slightly embarrassing (and funny) to quickly tell my friend I was playing with that I had to go cause I was gonna be sick. And then, my wife assumed I was playing with my brother since he is my usual video game partner. So, she texts him that I just ran to the bathroom, and he is just like "what the hell are you talking about?" LOL.

I seriously can't believe that happened. I have occasionally gotten motion sickness from games before, but on the rare occasion it has happened, it is just a head ache and feeling a little quesay. That was the first time that it was like "oh, shit, I am legit about to puke!"
I think it may only exist on pc

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
The seas have been empty to me until I encountered another crew on a big ship. They attacked me on sight because they knew I was a PlayStation player. I could hear it in the voice chat.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
The seas have been empty to me until I encountered another crew on a big ship. They attacked me on sight because they knew I was a PlayStation player. I could hear it in the voice chat.

they'll be calling everyone with a blank sail set and no costume playstation users

usually they'd be called kids... eventually some skilled PVP people will start swapping to the standard set just to bait those people into a fight to make the strategy more annoying

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA

There is an FOV slider on console. It's in Settings, Graphics Settings, Field of View. I have mine set to 80 on PS5/Xbox. If I adjust it too high or low, I get nauseous. This is just 2 clicks up from the default but it's where I'm most comfortable. I hope this helps!

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
On a scale of one to Subnautica at its worst, how scary is going underwater in this game? I'm super intrigued, but if I'm terrified of going overboard at every turn I might not last long lol

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
On a scale of one to Subnautica at its worst, how scary is going underwater in this game? I'm super intrigued, but if I'm terrified of going overboard at every turn I might not last long lol

Really depends on your sensitivity to it. I love the shrines and wrecks and underwater caves and things, but also when I fall in the sea on a voyage there's the lizard part of my brain saying 'GTFO NOWWWW'. Generally, it's not too horrible though: the actual threats are sharks, and they take time to appear, or mermen, and that's more obviously around locales like shrines.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

Compared to Subnautica, a 3? You don't really do too much underwater with enemies, they eventually added siren/mermaid caves but I actually find those boring myself. When you're not doing those it's pretty much just sharks which die in a few shots and the occasional siren.

Unknown

Oct 29, 2017
Any idea why crew voice chat may not work on PS5?

I see the icon indicating I'm talking, but they can't hear me and I can't hear them. No icons to indicate they are taking, (they don't see one for me either).

Spent forever trying different settings, mics, hosts, etc.

Had to fall back to PS5 party chat which just isn't the same in this game.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone wanna play with a newb (me)? I just got the game on PS5 and have no idea what to do.

My first ever session was with someone who didn't stay at the wheel so we kept crashing constantly while someone else was carrying barrels and lighting them up on fire and exploding our ship

Great first impression lol

I have about 90 min free to play

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did a few treasure hunts for gold hoarders, fought a skeleton and took his skull. Also found a quest bottle at sea and battled a storm on my way to an outpost. And while I was doing this I streamed it for a friend and he bought the game as well today. Can't wait to co-op together this weekend now, love this game.

beebop

May 30, 2023
Any idea why crew voice chat may not work on PS5?

I see the icon indicating I'm talking, but they can't hear me and I can't hear them. No icons to indicate they are taking, (they don't see one for me either).

Spent forever trying different settings, mics, hosts, etc.

Had to fall back to PS5 party chat which just isn't the same in this game.
There might be some cross-platform chat permissions being blocked by your PS preferences.