• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Let's Manga (PSV) – 8/8/9/9
Iconoclasts (PS4/PSV) – 9/8/8/8
Cyber Troopers: Virtual On x Toaru Majutsu no Index: Toaru Majutsu no Dennou Senki (PS4/PSV) – 8/8/8/9
BoxyRacers (NSW) – 8/8/8/8
Secret of Mana (PS4/PSV) – 8/8/7/7
Idolish7 Twelve Fantasia! (PSV) – 8/7/7/7
Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy (NSW) – 7/7/7/7
The Impatient (PS4) – 7/7/7/7
Hoshi no Kakera no Monogatari: Hitokakera-Ban (PS4) – 7/7/7/7

Source - http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-review-scores-2-6-18/

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So by Famitsu standards it's basically hot trash that should be burned to the ground and paved over.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds about right for a b-tier port of an SNES game with no new content other than the presentation. Not a bad score for what it is.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize Famitsu scores for games people have heard of could go that low.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
It probably doesn't mean much this much later, but the original got a 33.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The one time Famitsu review scores are relevant.

Secret of Mana heavily outscored by Let's Manga on Vita.

Zero83

Oct 29, 2017
Oslo
This means nothing. Famitsu scores are usually just random numbers between 7 and 9.

It's like they blindly pick a number out of a hat filled with 7's, 8's and 9's.

Last edited:

beetlebum

Nov 24, 2017
Brazil
Secret of Mana is probably my least favorite Square RPG from the SNES era. Which isn't saying much, because they're all pretty excellent, but I think 7.5-8/10 sounds about right.

Bartend3r

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's Secret of Mana. You either like it or not. And no it's not a very welcoming game for newcomers.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is BoxyRacers?

It's apparently better than Secret of Mana whatever it is.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
They should have done a different style of remake. This remake looks ugly and definetely looks like it's made in a way to port to mobiles shortly after

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
All I want out of the remake is better hit detection, because it's staggeringly bad in the original game. Not holding my breath, though.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more curious WHY it got that low of scores (low for Famitsu anyway), a lot of people including myself had a problem with what they decided to do with the art style but I said back then I was worried about the combat system with 2D sprites being changed with 3D models, while the original game certainly had some hit detection issues you could see in the very first boss battle when the game was revealed that you could literally just run around the enemy and never get hit, something you couldn't even think of doing in the original game (because he didn't have a model that needed to turn to hit you) so I wonder if that is ultimately what the problem will be or if its just the art style and everything else does work even with the changes made.

Also 40$ price tag is stupid as hell for what looks like a 3DS game graphically. Should be 20 or 30$ at most.

varkuriru

Oct 28, 2017
I might grab just for nostalgia purposes. Unless the overall critical response says the game is a technical mess

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's the first time I actually a Famitsu score that low.

What a shame that this is happening with a SoM remake, of all the games that could happen in life.