• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I'm getting SMT4 flashbacks

edit: they tweeted this

Wd8KGwQ.png

deleted it and changed it to this

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
SEGA's got a crappy track record, but considering that it's very possible Microsoft is the main reason that this is releasing at all it's probably largely on them.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
At least Xbox Apps are Universal. So even if you have a euro account you can play it on it.
The only thing would be that you'd need friends in the US to gift you the purchases you want.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
By the way, when they say NA, will people from South and Central America be able to play? or are we excluded as well?

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
If I changed my territory and downloaded it would it block me due to my location? That would be very mean spirited...

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Some please explain to me what's up with just Europe? Is there some mess of licensing or legal issues? I've always wondered what took the game so long to leave Japan just in general.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sega treat PS like absolute dogshit outside of Japan so them bungling this is absolutely unsurprising.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
By the way, when they say NA, will people from South and Central America be able to play? or are we excluded as well?

Gaming standards usually cover all of the Americas (United States, Canada, Caribbean, Central America, Mexico, South America ).
Online game operators, however, may elect to separate certain regions independently, depending on where they are legally permitted to operate the game. This sometimes turns into splitting off LATAM entirely, or just larger markets, like Brazil.
They'll probably announce accessible regions fully closer to beta/release. NA in terms of online games tend to only include US, CA, MX, and the Caribbean.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Oh well, it's coming on PC so NA servers, I'm ready. I played on NA servers for Tera Online and got almost any latency so...

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Gaming standards usually cover all of the Americas (United States, Canada, Caribbean, Central America, Mexico, South America ).
Online game operators, however, may elect to separate certain regions independently, depending on where they are legally permitted to operate the game. This sometimes turns into splitting off LATAM entirely, or just larger markets, like Brazil.
They'll probably announce accessible regions fully closer to beta/release. NA in terms of online games tend to only include US, CA, MX, and the Caribbean.
Oh well, I hope they do not leave us out, but it seems like it.

TSSZNews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking it's because of the Gacha in PSO2. I would not hold out a lot of hope of it ever coming to Europe if so.

Cogniferous

Oct 27, 2017
England
What an absolute nightmare; to be within touching distance only to have the game yanked away for now. SEGA asking for more patience is like a poke in the eye after so many years already. Either get all your ducks in a row or don't announce anything.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting SMT4 flashbacks
My reaction, as well. *sigh*

In a way this is even worse because both NA and PAL regions have been waiting for such a long time already, so when that trailer started playing, it felt like a big relief. The trailer already gave you a "Finally!" moment, but then you find out that only the other region gets the game, so it's like someone pulls the chair from under you.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Usually when they say North America it means latin and South Americas too so I'm good. :)
I hope MS fund the release in EMEA too.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah whatever worst case i need a VPN to connect but i doubt they will actually bother to ip block eu players, PSO2 JP was totally playable from here cause most of the game runs on the client and not server.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Oh hell yeah, it finally comes to the west!

*reads further*

... NA only. Of course. I should have remembered I live in a place that seemingly does not exist, especially not "in the west".

*reads further*

XBOX only? RIP game. Guess I will never play this.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Uhm.. what? For half a day I have been overjoyed, and now I am feeling quite unsure...

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
When you hope that Atlus would become more like Sega, but the opposite is what happens.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Can people not easily just buy digital from US region.
I wish people stopped saying that. It's the good old "hey you can speak english so just import it" argument.
How about the company does a proper job and actually publishes their game everywhere? Nearly no company has a problem with that nowadays. Sega had this issue for two decades and has never done any effort to fix that.
Multiple languages are required for games released in Europe, you know?
Most sega games release in english only in europe. Not a problem.