• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MadeMan

Dec 3, 2017
Sydney, Australia
your CRTs are multiplying since you last had a JVC model :o

the battle music in STHA is superb!

gonna paste some screens on Silhouette Mirage. A strange but cool game. Not a game you can pick up and play.

yBs6JzM.jpg

C7dJr2m.jpg

971CkKR.jpg

XDZpKa0.jpg

wWDI9Kq.jpg

with debug mode enabled
XI9dh5S.jpg

v0dlLQ8.jpg

I bought a copy of this for like $10 when I was in Japan! It seems really really cool. I need to sit down with an FAQ to understand it before I really sink into it though.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

gonna paste some screens on Silhouette Mirage. A strange but cool game. Not a game you can pick up and play.

yBs6JzM.jpg

C7dJr2m.jpg

971CkKR.jpg

XDZpKa0.jpg

wWDI9Kq.jpg

with debug mode enabled
XI9dh5S.jpg

v0dlLQ8.jpg
nice pics! always inspiring me to get new titles =)

yeah i recently got a few PVMs along with the JVC the past year. my first set was a BVM 20g1u i hooked up the Saturn up to it last night. hopefully i find time to finishing Shining the Holy Ark. really want to get through it then start Shining Force III

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
played some more shining in the holy art.

got out of the initial dungeon and finally found a church to save.... dang! these dungeons are big =)

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
You can search areas high and low. some might reveal hidden items or pixies/fairies etc that can help you on your enemy encounters provided you press the right button just before battles commence

Laevateinn

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Yeah, that's the best advice someone can give for Shining the Holy Ark. If you find the right fairies and know which way an enemy is approaching you can make battles much easier. As you go through the game, it becomes second nature.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can search areas high and low. some might reveal hidden items or pixies/fairies etc that can help you on your enemy encounters provided you press the right button just before battles commence

Yeah, that's the best advice someone can give for Shining the Holy Ark. If you find the right fairies and know which way an enemy is approaching you can make battles much easier. As you go through the game, it becomes second nature.
thanks guys, i have no idea what i'm doing except i put the dialogue text on turbo and just spamming the fight button.
i didn't know what i was doing in the dungeon... the dialogue said to remain in the cave to go after the possessed wizard companion but i left and went to the nearest town.

i read about the fairies in town or someplace. i have to learn this and where to search high and low... i just met the 2 mercs in town and they were about to fight me till the old man stopped them. do i have to go back into the cave i left?

Shadow Hog

Oct 26, 2017
I don't recall the dialog saying you had to stay in the cave - I actually recall it telling you to get the hell outta there?

At any rate, the town is the correct direction. In fact, your next target should be the nearby forest - though I should warn, it's a rather lengthy trek between the forest and the town (or at least, it was for me), so expect to be making slow progress through it, returning to town semi-often as you build your party's stats up.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't recall the dialog saying you had to stay in the cave - I actually recall it telling you to get the hell outta there?

At any rate, the town is the correct direction. In fact, your next target should be the nearby forest - though I should warn, it's a rather lengthy trek between the forest and the town (or at least, it was for me), so expect to be making slow progress through it, returning to town semi-often as you build your party's stats up.
there was no save point so i'm kinda confused. i thought after those little spirits that help heal you, it says lets look for the evil possessed companion since they're already in the cave.

edit: took a break and tried Deep Fear tonight, pretty cool =) definitely a cool survival horror title:
IO3bSPah.jpg

A7HCvj4.jpg

Last edited:

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Cross posting in all Sega threads:

http://segabits.com/blog/2018/01/10...is-saturn-and-dreamcast-accessories-revealed/

Retrobit has announced new controllers and accesories for the Sega consoles, including bluetooth versions that can be used on PC or on the original consoles with a bluetooth receiver. The saturn controllers have colors like the japanese versions.

This seems like the 8bitdo controllers and receivers, but using the official controller designs. Looks amazing, hopefuly they have no issues, like lag or bad diagonals.

MadeMan

Dec 3, 2017
Sydney, Australia
I realised how many of the Saturn games I own are purely multi-player today. Not that that's a bad thing!

Well, to be fair, that's my Japanese collection, but that's mainly because I can't read Japanese well enough to get through anything more complicated.

I also realised that I haven't played my copy of Dragon Force I bought many, many years ago. I think this year that's going to change.

MadeMan

Dec 3, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Ohh, lovely! Saturn had such a deluge of amazing fighting games. I couldn't believe that XMvsSF would get a home console release at the time, the idea of that game running on home hardware was phenomenal. Such a pretty game to this day.

MadeMan

Dec 3, 2017
Sydney, Australia

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
All the Saturn stuff I picked up in Japan:

*swoon* that's a haul right there!!
and yeah, the memorial collections are fun cause it's like early 80's arcade sega stuff - always a mixed bag but there's some really fun gems on em too! i adore compilations like that, was wondering if game sack would talk about it next time they cover them.

Last edited:

Laevateinn

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
^amazing rendition, thanks for that dave

goddamn, man - i'd say special but what's left on your list that's feasible?
also, respond to your PM when you can!
Oh, I definitely have some ideas but after this trip I don't want to spend a few hundred dollars for a while
Definitely random.
Just pick out something off the shelf that you've never heard of. (You'll probably get some Mahjong game or visual novel though).
Actually, if I was going to go random, it would probably be this.

ShutsudouMiniskirtPolice_Saturn_JP_Box_Front_SG.jpg

What are the first 95?

Maybe we can help you find something you missed, but I doubt it.

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=laevateinn&folder=Collection&action=profile

leder

Oct 25, 2017

yBs6JzM.jpg

C7dJr2m.jpg

971CkKR.jpg

XDZpKa0.jpg

wWDI9Kq.jpg

with debug mode enabled
XI9dh5S.jpg

v0dlLQ8.jpg

How have I never heard of this game until now? How does Saturn secretly have so many awesome games? I'm constantly finding new stuff to add to my wishlist :(

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hey Saturn peeps,

some budget titles game in today, each games 5-20 bucks:

i loved Genesis Target Earth but never played the sequel, looking forward to it.
UicCkaWl.jpg

SVQS5Pql.jpg

Kj8WBMvl.jpg

just being a Macross fan i had to get this:
df8TBtOl.jpg

9PjmeEil.jpg

GV0NGug.jpg

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
wow you are rollin' Assault Suit Ley I once had but I had difficulty progressing in game and around that time there were no guides so I sold it on. Great 2D stuff in there and great buy overall

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, those are some great pick ups! Let me know how the Target Earth Sequel is!

This thread is kinda slow. What is everyone playing lately, Saturn wise?

I'm going to play some Lunacy later today. Excited to try and play through it.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
There is a very old post that someone did on the revisions of the hardware..

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...d-Models-Guide&p=595455&viewfull=1#post595455

also
http://mcretro.net/blog/2016/11/sega-saturn-gone-wild/

Don't know if that is going to help you but might be worth a look perhaps.

Interesting info, but I don't think I have enough expertise to know what to do with specific knowledge what the technical differences would mean. A later post in your first page claimed they were more or less the same though. Thanks.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow you are rollin' Assault Suit Ley I once had but I had difficulty progressing in game and around that time there were no guides so I sold it on. Great 2D stuff in there and great buy overall

Oh man, those are some great pick ups! Let me know how the Target Earth Sequel is!

This thread is kinda slow. What is everyone playing lately, Saturn wise?

I'm going to play some Lunacy later today. Excited to try and play through it.
thanks guys,
i'm trying to play Shining the holy ark but been getting distracted with new titles coming in.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Got a copy of SF Zero 2 yesterday. Never played fighters before with the Saturn dpad but knew its rep, it really is amazing how easy pulling supers and combos with it is. Think my Saturn's laser is going tho, game is shutting off if a music track starts skipping or loading screen fails, disc is mint.

20180120_100425hmrey.jpg

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a copy of SF Zero 2 yesterday. Never played fighters before with the Saturn dpad but knew its rep, it really is amazing how easy pulling supers and combos with it is. Think my Saturn's laser is going tho, game is shutting off if a music track starts skipping or loading screen fails, disc is mint.

20180120_100425hmrey.jpg
very nice!

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I'm buying a "new" Sega Saturn as an insurance policy for when my current Saturn dies. While Amazon has a few "new" Saturns, it's also full of sellers with feedback complaining about "new" things that "clearly aren't new." "This is a scam!" I ended up buying the slightly higher priced one because the seller detailed issues with the condition of the box (faded in color, some scrapes), what kind of product it was ("dead stock"), and actually responded to me when I messaged them inuring about the condition of the Saturn. But if I want to be on the look out for "fraud," what should I look for? Is it normal for a "new" unopened Saturn to experience yellowing or anything like that?

I also bought a PS2 on Yahoo auctions for a decent price (half of what I expected to pay), but there are a number of things about the "new" product that seemed off, so that's why I'm a little suspicious about what awaits me in the mail this week.

Laevateinn

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
hey do you have a masterlist of Saturn games posted somewhere? i'm grabbing some titles and just curious about your list of JYP saturn goodies.

Do you mean a list of all the Saturn titles that have ever been released or a list of stuff I own? I posted a list of the games I own earlier: http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=laevateinn&folder=Collection&action=profile

As for a list of everything ever released, usually I go blind and just buy stuff I see on ebay, yahoo auctions, or in Japan. But for a list of everything released for the Saturn or Sega in general I usually go to Sega Retro. I don't like to see things that are unattainable and don't think I'll ever collect to completion so I try not to look at lists like that too often.