Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Products like this and the pre-peeled oranges I've seen mentioned are not necessarily meant for "lazy" able-bodied people. They add convenience into the lives of people with limited mobility or chronic pain.

Yeah, they're often designed specifically for people with limited mobility but marketed as a product intended for anyone.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
As long as it's not some weird chemical shit going on to make it happen - I want that stirring cup

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Self stirring mugs are amazing. Don't knock it till you have tried it. It's not the laziness of it, it's that the wee granules don't settle at the bottom and leave you with that sugar sediment.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Electric salt and pepper grinders are peak laziness inventions to me. It's not really difficult to twist a regular grinder

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Hog-Wild-Moo-Mixer-Supreme.jpg

Nov 8, 2017
I rock a Tstand for this. Switch friendly. V2 supposedly coming soon.

Everything I've used like this has had bullshit overly tight clamps. I don't know if it's placebo or actual but I swear they have so much pressure it subtly discolours the edges of the screen.

I want one where I can turn a screw to adjust the pressure finely instead of being spring loaded and clamping shut.

Oct 28, 2017
"Ultimate lazy people" products like this and say, precut fruit at the grocery market being available, often vastly improves the quality of life of disabled people. I have some mental and physical health issues myself and while I don't need these kinds of things at the moment, their existence isn't hurting me in any way, it helps out people who have a different ability level than me, and it will be available in case I need it in the future due to worsening health, aging, an accident, or whatever. Seems good to me.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The only reason I would agree with you OP is becquse stirring coffee is that last final stage in the morning ritual just before you wake up from that first jolt of caffeine and its always satisfying to hear the spoon clink against the porcelain. Otherwise its pretty cool, would definitely buy one for the novelty.

Deleted member 10234

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That mug is pretty cool. Would need a manual break though in case you want to drink when it's still warm enough to stir.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Would sort of be an blessing to not have to listen to collegues, doing their klinking sound forever all the time in the office. Bad days, I want to ask them why, they feel the need to stir so goddamn much and loudly. Yeah it irks me

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I use alexa to turn the lights up/down/on/off instead of the light switch so feel I'm not best placed to criticise others for their laziness. I'm pretty sure it was the type of thing threads likes this were about when smart things started coming in. Now it's not even that uncommon lol. Wonder what the "can you believe people are lazy enough to X" of 2035 will be.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They seems more convenient than lazy to me. You can just put your stuff in the cup and leave and have your drink in the go instead of taking the time to use a spoon until you think it's mixed enough then go and wash the spoon and then you can leave.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Cut an orange into 8 pieces y'all. Don't peel it whole. Bite the orange out of the skin.

I considered making a thread about people who do this because it's madness. Growing up in youth sports and having moms bring orange wedges for the team snack was the worst. The orange has naturally occurring pull apart pieces, why would anyone cut an orange eight ways and bite into it? The pulp gets stuck in your teeth, you can never get all the flesh off the skin, and you end up just sucking orange slosh instead of a nice and satisfying piece. Oranges are so easy to peel. You score it four or five times around and the peel will just pull apart.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I considered making a thread about people who do this because it's madness. Growing up in youth sports and having moms bring orange wedges for the team snack was the worst. The orange has naturally occurring pull apart pieces, why would anyone cut an orange eight ways and bite into it? The pulp gets stuck in your teeth, you can never get all the flesh off the skin, and you end up just sucking orange slosh instead of a nice and satisfying piece. Oranges are so easy to peel. You score it four or five times around and the peel will just pull apart.
Um no? I don't waste a single bit of the orange when it's cut into eight. I rip the entire orange right out of the skin this way. There's no "slosh" or whatever nonsense. I used to peel the skin off of the entire orange before eating then transitioned to cutting into 8 and eating each individually.

Also not all oranges are made equal. Navel oranges are what I exclusively eat because they're easy to tear from the skin. Other oranges not so much.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
"Ultimate lazy people" products like this and say, precut fruit at the grocery market being available, often vastly improves the quality of life of disabled people. I have some mental and physical health issues myself and while I don't need these kinds of things at the moment, their existence isn't hurting me in any way, it helps out people who have a different ability level than me, and it will be available in case I need it in the future due to worsening health, aging, an accident, or whatever. Seems good to me.
Yeah, there's a whole lot of things in this thread that some of my family members use because they can't do what people here are saying they should do instead.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of ableism in this thread. A lot of things that people are saying are "lazy" are extremely useful for people with disabilities.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
The Target by my house recently added special numbered parking spots where you pull up and some poor employee has to bring out your online purchase to your vehicle.

Like either shop online or shop in a store. If youmust, walk into the store and go to the in store pickup desk. This halfassed commitment crap is for the birds

I actually would have loved this service when I was in grad school full time, plus working full time (internship plus working on campus). Not everything can be bought online in my area and I had very little time to do anything let alone go to the grocery store, go around and get my groceries, wait in line, load them in my car and then go home. I would have loved being able to click them online, pick them up and go home. I also would have loved it when I had surgery.

I have also had some prolonged illnesses when I needed something and my husband was at work so I had to go in a store which risks getting other people sick and there have been times when it was all I could do to get into the store and get the medicine, food, soda etc that I needed. When I am very sick soda/Gatorade is usually the only thing I can keep down to give myself calories.

Last edited:

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
A lot of ableism in this thread. A lot of things that people are saying are "lazy" are extremely useful for people with disabilities.

Thank you.

I get it if for most of you, disabilities are something you don't think about every day. A lot of people don't have that luxury, though. Please be considerate.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
yes more inventions that takes us closer to a life just like the spaceship in Wall-E please.

Oct 25, 2017
thread where we forget disabled people need to consume products and that the marketing reality means that certain products designed for said disabled people also need to be marketed to able-bodied persons so they can continue to exist