Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Flexible-Phone-Holder-Lazy-Neck-Hanging-Cellphone-Waist-Desk-Selfie-Stand-Holder-Mount-Bracket-for-iPhone-1.jpg

It's completely flexible so it can be balanced to prop up or rebalanced for when I'm laying down. And no I don't know why that guy's face has been badly blurred, lol
May need this for the 24 hours I will spend on a plane soon

Dec 22, 2018
I don't know if this is peak laziness but buying precut fruit at the grocery store is just fucking dumb. You're paying a premium for something you can do at home for much less.

Hey, I don't mind paying a small premium if it means I don't need to hack up a pineapple every time I get a hankering for a cube or two. In general though, I hear what you're saying.

For me, peak laziness would have to be downward escalators. I understand needing elevators as an alternative to stairs (they're an absolute necessity for some people), but what's the point of downward escalators outside of the few situations where people have baggage like airports? Everyone just stands on them too like a bunch of dunces. God forbid anyone try walking down them while they're in motion.

Last edited:

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
For me, peak laziness would have to be downward escalators. I understand needing elevators as an alternative to stairs (they're an absolute necessity for some people), but what's the point of downward escalators outside of the few situations where people have baggage like airports? Everyone just stands on them too like a bunch of dunces. God forbid anyone try walking down them while they're in motion.

From what I understand, escalators are partly intended as a means of controlling and maintaining a steady flow of foot traffic in busy locations, where obstructions at bottlenecks can have a large knock-on effect.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Hey, I don't mind paying a small premium if it means I don't need to hack up a pineapple every time I get a hankering for a cube or two. In general though, I hear what you're saying.

Oh, you're the guy that gets mad because I'm "just" standing on the escalator with my kid and you're in a rush...

I do think if you have steady foot traffic a single narrow descending staircase (like most escalators are) may be a hazard. In most malls the staircases are either really wide or they have several turns. Like if you replaced every downward escalator with regular stairs, how would that go?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I never realized people had so much trouble with peeling oranges. One of the easiest fruit to peel.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
70 bucks... but no spoon/sticks to wash or discard... *checks wallet* choices, choices.

I never realized people had so much trouble with peeling oranges. One of the easiest fruit to peel.

Orange orange? The one with thick white albedo/pith that doesn't easily detach from the juicy flesh? Share your secrets, because I think that's a pain in the ass to peel and eat like a mikan/ponkan/dekopon/tangerine whatchamacallit. Just juice the mofos and scoop the beaten flesh later if I feel like chewing something :P

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
70 bucks... but no spoon/sticks to wash or discard... *checks wallet* choices, choices.

Orange orange? The one with thick white albedo/pith that doesn't easily detach from the juicy flesh? Share your secrets, because I think that's a pain in the ass to peel and eat like a mikan/ponkan/dekopon/tangerine whatchamacallit. Just juice the mofos and scoop the beaten flesh later if I feel like chewing something :P

I take a knife and score a cross cut in the peel. And then I peel it until it comes off.

I'm just kidding, I recognize that the white part that sometimes doesn't come off with the peel is a pain.

Dec 22, 2018
Oh, you're the guy that gets mad because I'm "just" standing on the escalator with my kid and you're in a rush...

I do think if you have steady foot traffic a single narrow descending staircase (like most escalators are) may be a hazard. In most malls the staircases are either really wide or they have several turns. Like if you replaced every downward escalator with regular stairs, how would that go?

Not at all. I'm not annoyed with the person with kids on the escalator, people holding packages, or even people who spread out on them and start socializing with their friends. I can understand that.

I'm annoyed at the 20-40 year old, physically fit people by themselves who aren't carrying anything but who decide to just stand there and stare off into empty space as if they're zombies for the entire ride. This is especially annoying for me if I'm trying to catch public transit after work (knowing that the next light rail might not show up for 15 minutes) but the person in front of me can't be bothered to walk and ride the escalator at the same time. I don't push past them because I think that sort of behavior is rude and unsafe. But yes, that level of laziness annoys me.

I suppose I can concede downward elevators serve a legitimate purpose, but they also encourage some lazy habits.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

The arthritis in my knees appreciates the downwards escalators.