Status
Not open for further replies.

GrooveCommand

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey guy, as someone who has done IR and forensics and damn near everything under the sun infosec wise, along with doing counterintelligence in the Marines, all investigations are not the same, and HUMINT work is nothing nothing nothing like doing computer forensics at a Big 4 firm.

And I completely agree. We have the same point here. All investigations are not the same. So far there have been 3 credible allegations against Kavanaugh that ought to be investigated. I don't know about you, but a week doesn't seem like much time to get to the truth, do you?

Jan 11, 2018
The loss of name and being shamed in public is a lot worse than working at mcdonalds.

It's pretty obvious he did it, whether or not he has any recollection of the events or not. Why all this reluctance to clear your own name with investigation by the FBI when offered? Why filibuster instead of answering questions? Why lie under oath multiple times? Dr Ford has no reason to lie, while Kavanaugh most certainly does. Obvious fake tears, and trying to push forward ridiculous conspiracy theories that the left is out to get him as revenge for the Clintons (what he did to Bill and more recently Hillary losing to Trump). For someone looking to be an "Impartial" judge he sure comes across as a typical GOP politician.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
His behaviour? His life got destroyed.
Oh, did he go to jail? Lose his lifetime district judgeship? Get shot by the police? Leave the hearing in chains?
No, he merely is in danger of not being rewarded for being a partisan Republican political operative masquerading as a judge with a Supreme Justice seat for life. Boo hoo, poor fratboy, don't you know he's entitled to this seat, he went to a prep school!

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Oh, did he go to jail? Lose his lifetime district judgeship? Get shot by the police? Leave the hearing in chains?
No, he merely is in danger of not being rewarded for being a partisan Republican political operative masquerading as a judge with a Supreme Justice seat for life. Boo hoo, poor fratboy, don't you know he's entitled to this seat, he went to a prep school!
If having one's life ruined currently means having Kavanaugh's life, even if he doesn't get this job here, sign me the fuck up. I saw the GOP and much of America call him a victim. Dude is going to eat, dude is going to have millions on his side.

Elrid

Oct 28, 2017
There were a lot of things that bothered me yesterday about all of the testimony, but I am glad his demeanor got out and was recognized today. He is not fit period.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty obvious he did it, whether or not he has any recollection of the events or not. Why all this reluctance to clear your own name with investigation by the FBI when offered? Why filibuster instead of answering questions? Why lie under oath multiple times? Dr Ford has no reason to lie, while Kavanaugh most certainly does. Obvious fake tears, and trying to push forward ridiculous conspiracy theories that the left is out to get him as revenge for the Clintons (what he did to Bill and more recently Hillary losing to Trump). For someone looking to be an "Impartial" judge he sure comes across as a typical GOP politician.
Kavanaugh is a GOP operative but I'm just pointing his behaviour at the hearing was not abnormal. He was lashing out and that's okay. He's been a judge for a long time and I think this is the first time he's acted that way in public.

Oct 28, 2017
Blue is answered the question
Red is they evaded or refused to answer (according to Vox)

Can you guess who is on the right?

f530bac8-726f-4610-b49e6t.jpeg

There were a lot of things that bothered me yesterday about all of the testimony, but I am glad his demeanor got out and was recognized today. He is not fit period.

What sticks in my craw is how if Kavanaugh was a woman she'd be seen as being hysterical and unbalanced. Or if Lindsay Graham or a Chuck Grassley had been women.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Kavanaugh is a GOP operative but I'm just pointing his behaviour at the hearing was not abnormal. He was lashing out and that's okay. He's been a judge for a long time and I think this is the first time he's acted that way in public.
Ford has just as much reason to be angry and yet she was calm and truthful. Assuming you believe the victim here, Kavanaugh has nobody to be angry at but himself. He could have stopped this in its tracks the moment he even got a whiff of an accusation for the crime he committed (or refused in the first place) and at worst he would have got some side eye for a month before people forgot about it. Trump told him to be mad, he got mad. That's it. If Trump told him to turn into a submissive sap he would have done that too. In fact he did just that like two days prior on Fox News.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Trump giving in and allowing the investigation so easily worries me. Gotta keep an ear open for any rumors that he might try to ram through another judge.

Of course Trump is going on nominate another judge, he's the President and there's a vacancy on the court. This isn't about stalling a nomination until Dems take the Senate (unless it is to some of you) but about not allowing a sexual abuser onto the Supreme Court.

The GOP has through mid-January to confirm another judge even if Dems take the Senate. We're really unlikely to get this seat.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Ford has just as much reason to be angry and yet she was calm and truthful. Assuming you believe the victim here, Kavanaugh has nobody to be angry at but himself. He could have stopped this in its tracks the moment he even got a whiff of an accusation for the crime he committed (or refused in the first place) and at worst he would have got some side eye for a month before people forgot about it. Trump told him to be mad, he got mad. That's it. If Trump told him to turn into a submissive sap he would have done that too. In fact he did just that like two days prior on Fox News.
Exactly.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish one of the Dems had asked him how many drinks he had before the hearing. He was acting like he had a few.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Blue is answered the question
Red is they evaded or refused to answer (according to Vox)

Can you guess who is on the right?

f530bac8-726f-4610-b49e6t.jpeg

What sticks in my craw is how if Kavanaugh was a woman she'd be seen as being hysterical and unbalanced. Or if Lindsay Graham or a Chuck Grassley had been women.
Can we add known lies he told to the chart and watch it light up even further?

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You know what, if he was angry in his denial and defending his family, I would understand. But the dude yelled and talked back at (Dem) Senators like a child and was slinging conspiracy theories about the left. Fuck that shit.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Kavanaugh nomination fails, they already have a backup plan.

59f8a5d8180000360ddfd08c.png

She's pretty hardcore religious, but I'm sure has a lot cleaner background than Kavanaugh. Frankly, Trump was really stupid to not have chosen her first. Just shows Trump's single minded selfishness. He solely chose Kavanaugh to try and protect himself from a judgment about indicting a president, nothing more.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
You know what, if he was angry in his denial and defending his family, I would understand. But the dude yelled and talked back at Senators like a child and was slinging conspiracy theories about the left. Fuck that shit.
Only at the Democrats. He talked back, interrupted, mocked even (how much do you drink?!). He was quite calm though when speaking to the prosecutor and Republicans. Almost as if somebody told him not to treat the Democrats with any respect at all.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
If Kavanaugh had issued a statement along the lines of:
"In my youth, as many others of my time did, I drank often and occasionally to excess. However, I do not believe I would not recall such an incident, and I do not have any recollection of this alleged incident. I am not proud of that past, but the man I am now is not the boy I was then."
Rather than all the bullshit deflect and deny.
Then he would probably be confirmed by now.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
She's pretty hardcore religious, but I'm sure has a lot cleaner background than Kavanaugh. Frankly, Trump was really stupid to not have chosen her first. Just shows Trump's single minded selfishness. He solely chose Kavanaugh to try and protect himself from a judgment about indicting a president, nothing more.
I think that and he saw himself in Kavanaugh as well, two sexual assaulters willing to fuck over this nation for the sake of corruption. Dude felt a kinship.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Only at the Democrats. He talked back, interrupted, mocked even (how much do you drink?!). He was quite calm though when speaking to the prosecutor and Republicans. Almost as if somebody told him not to treat the Democrats with any respect at all.

Mmmhmmm. The drinking thing to Senator Klobuchar was so fucking gross.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
If Kavanaugh had issued a statement along the lines of:
"In my youth, as many others of my time did, I drank often and occasionally to excess. However, I do not believe I would not recall such an incident, and I do not have any recollection of this alleged incident. I am not proud of that past, but the man I am now is not the boy I was then."
Rather than all the bullshit deflect and deny.
Then he would probably be confirmed by now.
Agreed. He chose the Trump path. Hell Trump and Republicans both probably told him to because it has been working out so well for Trump, not realizing what works for Trump doesn't work so well for others.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. He chose the Trump path. Hell Trump and Republicans both probably told him to because it has been working out so well for Trump, not realizing what works for Trump doesn't work so well for others.

It's kind of amazing just how willing these people are to transform their personalities and behavior just because "Trump likes it." Really just goes to show how much of a black hole power can be, and what people are willing to do to themselves to stay in orbit.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, one thing you guys have to understand is that the GOP desperately cannot back down from Kavanaugh because it sets up a precedent they don't want: that sexual harassment and abuse allegations against men can be career-enders. Sure, they laughed it up when "liberal" Hollywood celebrities were getting pinned by MeToo, but secretly they were terrified of what this would mean for politics. Roy Moore was the sneak preview, as they realized that decades-old allegations could derail and end their careers and ruin their political majorities.

Conservatives flat-out do not believe that old accusations of assault, whether they're true or not, should be held against a powerful man. They believe that women are uppity little weasels who will lie, cheat, and slander to get what they want, and that we use false allegations as a weapon to enrich and empower ourselves and destroy men we don't like. They have made this accusation against women for decades, but only in the MeToo era are their excuses finally failing to work, and it fucking terrifies them. The idea of being held accountable for something they don't consider a crime is completely and utterly horrifying to powerful men. So they have no choice but to deny, double down, and defend Kavanaugh. They have to, for their own sakes.

Jan 11, 2018

Affluenza. He comes from a privileged background and is not used to being questioned like this. He's also a hypocrite. Being upset that his sex life is up for discussion. Please. He was the one who insisted on asking Clinton direct questions about his sex life back in the day, and then felt like catching him in a lie about it was definitive grounds for impeachment. This dude has already lied several times under oath.

Refusing to answer most questions is definitely abnormal behaviour if your are innocent.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yeah I do. For some people name and respect is everything. This isn't about if he did what he's accused of or not, he will never be able to show his face in public again.

Really?
Yes he will. Assuming he doesn't get the job which I have serious doubts, he's going to be fine. So many believe him, especially those in his kinds of circles.

Now if there is justice in the world, he'll lose his judge job so I'll grant you that. But the guy will be fine.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Yeah, one thing you guys have to understand is that the GOP desperately cannot back down from Kavanaugh because it sets up a precedent they don't want: that sexual harassment and abuse allegations against men can be career-enders.

1000%.

If it ends Kavanaugh, why not someone else. Why not the President, for instance.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure lashing out while interviewing for a prestigious position, one where impartiality and rule of law is key, is a good idea.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018

That was the most awkward "lashing out" I have ever seen. He looks normal when reading his notes then when he lifts his head up he makes those idiotic jeering faces, repeat x 50. You couldn't make that look any more rehearsed.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
He openly threatened the Democrats, effectively stating that if he becomes a Justice he will use rulings to try to "take revenge" on the left for trying to take away what he feels entitled to.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

He was not normal at all, he was emotional, nasty and I'd be willing to bet under the influence of alcohol.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

She's also a woman, so...you know. He can't have that.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why you guys have to be so fucking passive aggressive. Just talk like normal human beings Jesus Christ.

Anyway, this is just my POV obviously. I don't care about Kavanaugh and don't think he should be in the SC.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Not sure lashing out while interviewing for a prestigious position, one where impartiality and rule of law is key, is a good idea.
Let's be honest, he was really interviewing to be Trump's yes man on the courts and really only had to impress him. I mean if it wasn't for Flake demanding an investigation nothing he did on that day in regards to the position would have mattered. It was never about him proving himself worthy of that job, it was about him looking like an asshole for Trump, and, he did that much at least.

Elrid

Oct 28, 2017
Let's be honest, he was really interviewing to be Trump's yes man on the courts and really only had to impress him. I mean if it wasn't for Flake demanding an investigation nothing he did on that day in regards to the position would have mattered. It was never about him proving himself, it was about him looking like an asshole for Trump, and, he did that much at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.