Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kavanaugh is a GOP operative but I'm just pointing his behaviour at the hearing was not abnormal. He was lashing out and that's okay. He's been a judge for a long time and I think this is the first time he's acted that way in public.
No attorney worth a damn will tell you his behavior towards sitting US Senators during a Senate hearing was becoming of a judge or any officer of the court.

It was not okay.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Yeah, one thing you guys have to understand is that the GOP desperately cannot back down from Kavanaugh because it sets up a precedent they don't want: that sexual harassment and abuse allegations against men can be career-enders. Sure, they laughed it up when "liberal" Hollywood celebrities were getting pinned by MeToo, but secretly they were terrified of what this would mean for politics. Roy Moore was the sneak preview, as they realized that decades-old allegations could derail and end their careers and ruin their political majorities.

Conservatives flat-out do not believe that old accusations of assault, whether they're true or not, should be held against a powerful man. They believe that women are uppity little weasels who will lie, cheat, and slander to get what they want, and that we use false allegations as a weapon to enrich and empower ourselves and destroy men we don't like. They have made this accusation against women for decades, but only in the MeToo era are their excuses finally failing to work, and it fucking terrifies them. The idea of being held accountable for something they don't consider a crime is completely and utterly horrifying to powerful men. So they have no choice but to deny, double down, and defend Kavanaugh. They have to, for their own sakes.

Yup.

He's 53 year old man who's about to face the consequences for the first time in his adult life. His life's aspiration, built on a foundation of lies, is crumbling because of own actions and words.

That's the thing about lying liars who lie. They eventually start lying about lies and they don't know truth from fiction. Most people who go through life never find themselves in this situation. Most lying liars who lie usually get their life destroyed long before they are nominated for the Supreme Court.

Brett Kavanaugh's white privilege is what ultimately destroyed him, which is what white men of affluence are freaking the fuck out about right now.

White men of affluence is all that's left of the GOP.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest, he was really interviewing to be Trump's yes man on the courts and really only had to impress him. I mean if it wasn't for Flake demanding an investigation nothing he did on that day in regards to the position would have mattered. It was never about him proving himself worthy of that job, it was about him looking like an asshole for Trump, and, he did that much at least.

Yeah, it seems pretty obvious to me that his whole demeanor was calculated. The way he switched on and off like when answering questions, the frequent breaks so he could get more coaching to tweak it up or down, he was playing for an audience of one, trying to make that guy smile, cackle, grin, and point to him on screen and say to others, "I like this guy, he's entertaining me."

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Let's be honest, he was really interviewing to be Trump's yes man on the courts and really only had to impress him. I mean if it wasn't for Flake demanding an investigation nothing he did on that day in regards to the position would have mattered. It was never about him proving himself worthy of that job, it was about him looking like an asshole for Trump, and, he did that much at least.
No attorney worth a damn will tell you his behavior towards sitting US Senators during a Senate hearing was becoming of a judge or any officer of the court.

It was not okay.
100 fucking %

This guy is straight trash, not even on the basis of Ford's testimony, but on the basis of his bullshit on the Senate committee after she spoke.

Fuck that shit. There's no way in fucking hell anyone can say there isn't a WAY better and appropriate man or woman to sit on the SC.

He tried to rile up the Republican base. In what fucking way is that ANYTHING appropriate to make a mark on the highest court of the richest country. Fucking bullshit.

SO fucked up.

Last edited:

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I'm totally the late news here... But Lawrence O'Donnell just said that the FBI investigation could lead to criminal investigation if the agents find he lied to the senate.

I guess i thought the FBI would tell the senate he lied to them and the senate would do fuck all about it because Republicans.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
100 fucking %

This guy is straight trash, not even on the basis of Ford's testimony, but on the basis of his bullshit on the Senate committee after she spoke.

Fuck that shit. There's no way in fucking hell anyone can say there isn't a WAY better and appropriate man or woman to sit on the SC.

SO fucked up.
If I spoke to Kavanaugh the way he spoke to the Senate while making arguments before his court, he'd hold my ass in contempt and be 100% right to do so.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I am genuinely curious to see the reaction on this side of the site, if the FBI after their investigation shows that there is a lack of evidence to corroborate Ford's testimony.

Last edited:

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
You know what? Who the FUCK was in charge of the yearbook at his high school?
The people who thought that girls and boys schools should be segregated and that sexual education is bad

A missing element in this whole discussion is the element of how lack of sex education and perpetrating the "my choir boys and girls are so good" lie harms people and creates sexual assault victims.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So like, can't they just ask Brett who he played Devil's Triangle with and what the rules of the game are, and then cross reference with whoever he names?

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
I am genuinely curious to see the reaction on this side of the site, if the FBI after their investigation shows that Kavanaugh is innocent.
People here arent going to be happy even if hes shown to be innocent because his previous cases as a judge shows disastrous tendencies. This is the man that refuses to deny that a president can pardon himself, he basically doesnt care if a president starts destroying the checks that allow the US to have a democracy, as brittle as it is. And thats without taking his stance on abortion, unions and other economic issues.

He would be a terrible judge, a partisan angry little man that would be all of those things even if (even if) he"s innocent.

Oct 30, 2017
I am genuinely curious to see the reaction on this side of the site, if the FBI after their investigation shows that Kavanaugh is innocent.

Unless they find something crazy, I'm not sure how that could even happen. The most likely outcome is they hit a dead end like we have where no one remembers or talks about it. Which is a shame because then it's up to who you believe with your eyes and ears and the country will still be torn.

Barahir_mjh

Feb 18, 2018
Trump gets to view the FBI report first and can have it classified if he wants, right?

So if there's something REALLY damning in there, it might not be released. Kavanaugh can be asked to withdraw and give a reason like "this is too hard on my family" and Trump buries the document ("I have concerns about what's in there, but he's been through a lot and let's respect his privacy") and gets to dodge some of the PR blowback.

If that happens, I'll bet Avenatti (and possibly normal politicians) makes the report's release a major issue in 2020.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
That will be one thing, but I will say again his demeanor was not one for the supreme court.

Anyone not seeing that is on to something else.

Exactly. Can't ever be overstated. His views and his past actions aren't the only thing we should judge him on. His current behavior is just as, if not more important than anything else.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, if they actually find evidence that indicates strongly that Ford's claims are untrue? I will be blown away, personally, because I cannot imagine her having lied after seeing that hearing, but if the evidence speaks for itself then I'll have to accept it.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I am just curious on if the FBI investigation ends up in his favor, what the response on that will be. Not the more obvious result that would be that he is confirmed. (Not sure if I was totally clear with my first post. Apologies if I wasn't.)

I am in no way in support of his confirmation regardless of how the investigation turns out, to be crystal clear.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never expected the FBI investigation to yield much. The delay does however give more chances to strengthen the accusations made by Ramirez and Swetnick who didn't get a chance to be heard yet. And with the rapist in continued media spotlight, it would hopefully tank his approval numbers more and scare the republicans.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Well I'm sure the "liberal tears" would be flowing if that's what you're looking for so stick around, but they won't be mine. Even if he is innocent which, after three accusations I'm sorry but lol ok, but sure, completely innocent, well no, I'm still not happy because he's a shit person with shit views. I've seen this argument in regards to Trump as well. Oh Trump is completely innocent liberals what now? Um, how about the last 2 years of shit he has done?

That said, I already have made my peace with this pick weeks ago.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

It was not okay.
Yeah random people on the street who are accused of rape handle it better

Both him and Graham were in hysterical acting

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
This side of the site? What are you implying?

This side of the site is quite different from the Gaming side. It was like this back on the old site. Nothing negative implied.

Always the ones with the anime avatar.

Always.

My avatar has no bearing on anything I said. Not sure why there is always someone calling out an avatar, but okay. :)

Do you believe Ford is telling the truth?

I believe she is telling the truth. I do, however, want more evidence because what we have right now is extremely very little.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I believe she is telling the truth. I do, however, want more evidence because what we have right now is extremely very little.
You originally suggested the Kavanaugh could be innocent. What evidence do you think will be presented to suggest or prove that Ford is lying about any particular part of her testimony? And why do you think this evidence will come to light?

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm way LTTP to this but idc, still going to say it: one of the reasons some people got angry at the way others treated Serena Williams after her meltdown is in clear view here. A man (Kavanaugh) melted down even worse than she did, he was foaming at the mouth, nowhere near the composture a judge should have. Yet people still say that he was acting "normal", that he was "defending himself".

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
You originally suggested the Kavanaugh could be innocent. What evidence do you think will be presented to suggest or prove that Ford is lying about any particular part of her testimony? And why do you think this evidence will come to light?
Can't put words in my mouth so it is time to twist the intent of my original post. I am not sure what your issue is, but there was no suggestion being hinted at nor implied.

FullMetalx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm way LTTP to this but idc, still going to say it: one of the reasons some people got angry at the way others treated Serena Williams after her meltdown is in clear view here. A man (Kavanaugh) melted down even worse than she did, he was foaming at the mouth, nowhere near the composture a judge should have. Yet people still say that he was acting "normal", that he was "defending himself".

Completely different situation, sorry just terrible comparison and i'm usually the one making these bad comparisons

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Can't put words in my mouth so it is time to twist the intent of my original post. I am not sure what your issue is, but there was no suggestion being hinted at nor implied.
You originally suggested that the FBI investigation could show that Kavanaugh is innocent. Which would mean Ford is lying. You cannot argue for one and not the other.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Msnbc says they are starting interviews TONIGHT! Also they are looking to interview 2 other women who have since come forward with allegations.

They will be interviewing Ramierez and Sweatnic!!!!

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
You originally suggested that the FBI investigation could show that Kavanaugh is innocent. Which would mean Ford is lying. You cannot argue for one and not the other.
No. I didn't at all suggest that the FBI investigation would find him innocent. Showing curiosity on how the reaction would be based on IF the investigation found him innocent (written originally as) is not at all the same as suggesting they will find him innocent.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is there anything Kavanaugh can do to prove his innocence? Or is his fate already decided
We're not in the court of law. We're engaging in public opinion. And my opinion is that Ford is telling the truth and Kavanaugh is a privileged, lying scumbag. Look at her testimony. Even fucking Trump was convinced.
No. I didn't at all suggest that the FBI investigation would find him innocent. Showing curiosity on how the reaction would be based on IF the investigation found him innocent (written originally as) is not at all the same as suggesting they will find him innocent.
Your "what would this board do if he's found innocent" is a suggestion that he could be found innocent, therefore Ford would be lying, otherwise there is literally no point of you publicly describing this train of thought.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything Kavanaugh can do to prove his innocence? Or is his fate already decided

Setting aside the sex assault allegations for a moment, his behavior yesterday showed he is unfit to serve on the Supreme Court, and should be removed from his current position. He openly threatened the Democratic Party with retribution from the bench with the whole "what goes around, comes around", and the parroting of trump's bullshit claims that this is all a Democratic smear campaign. He showed that is is incapable of being an impartial judge.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Msnbc says they are starting interviews TONIGHT! Also they are looking to interview 2 other women who have since come forward with allegations.

They will be interviewing Ramierez and Sweatnic!!!!
I wonder if Kavanaugh just withdraws at some point this week. I mean he can still pull the family card, it's not too late for that. His current job could be gone but he'll live. Because if he did these things, and I believe he did, at what point is he going to go for self-preservation and stop trusting Trump to protect him?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Back from 1990, there is no way this guy was a saint at that school.

https://theintercept.com/2018/09/28...990-of-sexual-or-violent-behavior-at-parties/

ACCORDING TO A 1990 article in the Washington Post, the headmasters from seven prestigious Washington, D.C.-area private schools sent a joint letter that year to parents, warning them that their children had developed a party culture that included heavy drinking leading to "sexual or violent behavior."

One of the schools was Georgetown Prep, from which Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh graduated in 1983. Christine Blasey Ford, who during congressional testimony on Thursday described being sexually assaulted by Kavanaugh in 1982, attended one of the other schools, Holton-Arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.