• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Republicans can't get enough of him apparently. I don't know what polls he is referring to, but Republican support for him has always been high. Damn lunatics.

This is why I don't give the #notallrepublicans bullshit a pass. They are all complicit and ok with what he's doing. They can feign being concerned while knowing they are still going to pull the lever for the R's and reap the benefits.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Would not surprise me is that he choose this date so he could post shitloads of photos of 4th of July celebrations around the U.S and claim they where all celebrating him.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I don't give the #notallrepublicans bullshit a pass. They are all complicit and ok with what he's doing. They can feign being concerned while knowing they are still going to pull the lever for the R's and reap the benefits.

To be fair as far as I know the Republican base is steadily shrinking so that percentage remains does high but the total it's based off is getting smaller.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Trump invented BBQing on the 4th. He also designed the American flag. He's great. You love him.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
As always
8ace763d092c275a89f3a09abf37740d.jpg
I like how he had a red button there just in case.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To be fair as far as I know the Republican base is steadily shrinking so that percentage remains does high but the total it's based off is getting smaller.

To be fair, im in Florida and it sure doesn't feel like it's shrinking to me since we just went full red state.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Is this going to end up like his military parade, or did that happen and we didn't hear about it in the UK.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, im in Florida and it sure doesn't feel like it's shrinking to me since we just went full red state.

That seems to be to independent Hispanics from what I read more than a bigger Republcan base. I don't live there though, am I wrong to believe that? Not to mention your run of the mill voter supression of course.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That seems to be to independent Hispanics from what I read more than a bigger Republcan base. I don't live there though, am I wrong to believe that? Not to mention your run of the mill voter supression of course.

I think we try to tell ourselves things to try to get us through these times and give us hope for the future. Unfortunately we still have to deal with the reality and anyone voting for R in this day and age is still a Republican. Latinos have voted R here in Florida for a long time, that's nothing new. Just because they come from a different demographic doesn't mean they suddenly aren't Republican but "independent".

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think we try to tell ourselves things to try to get us through these times and give us hope for the future. Unfortunately we still have to deal with the reality and anyone voting for R in this day and age is still a Republican. Latinos have voted R here in Florida for a long time, that's nothing new. Just because they come from a different demographic doesn't mean they suddenly aren't Republican but "independent".

They are independent if they don't vote Republican all the time. Alot of the Hispanics that voted R this time voted D in 2016. Believe it or not some people just don't like certain candidates. Let's not act like independents aren't a thing.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They are independent if they don't vote Republican all the time. Alot of the Hispanics that voted R this time voted D in 2016. Believe it or not some people just don't like certain candidates. Let's not act like independents aren't a thing.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. We still Red down here now. They voted for Trump and his rhetoric in 2016 and turned us full Red in 2018. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember that great military parade he wanted and the Pentagon was all like, 'nope fam, too expensive and dumb'. Lolol.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017

https://twitter.com/chelywright/status/1099667499279437824

soo, is this taking the place of the concert and fireworks that are always held at the Capitol Building? Are they just moving it to the Lincoln Memorial? Are there going to be two almost identical events happening two miles apart? Is this just 1000% pulled out of his ass with no communication between anyone else? (almost certainly, it seems)

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017

https://twitter.com/chelywright/status/1099667499279437824

soo, is this taking the place of the concert and fireworks that are always held at the Capitol Building? Are they just moving it to the Lincoln Memorial? Are there going to be two almost identical events happening two miles apart? Is this just 1000% pulled out of his ass with no communication between anyone else? (almost certainly, it seems)

Probably the latter, Trump wants to start a tradition that will be remembered for his involvement, he doesn't give a shit about the rest because they aren't "his" ideas, and he'll cancel any competing celebrations to do it.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
While Trump does and tweets a lot of stupid/horrible/harmful things, it's really stretching to make fun of him for announcing that this year's Independence Day celebration at the white house would be a big one.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
While Trump does and tweets a lot of stupid/horrible/harmful things, it's really stretching to make fun of him for announcing that this year's Independence Day celebration at the white house would be a big one.
I think it has more to do with him making it about himself than trying to hype your independence day.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I think it has more to do with him making it about himself than trying to hype your independence day.
But he didn't "make it about himself", in talking about the different things going on, one of the things would be him making an address. He didn't claim to have the idea for this, he didn't say he arranged this celebration, his only self-referential bit was at the end when he said he would be talking at it. It just seems like a petty thing to make fun of him for, just like the stupid "orange skin" and "small hands" insults, when the man does plenty of stupid and harmful things that actually matter to make fun of him for.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
But he didn't "make it about himself", in talking about the different things going on, one of the things would be him making an address. He didn't claim to have the idea for this, he didn't say he arranged this celebration, his only self-referential bit was at the end when he said he would be talking at it. It just seems like a petty thing to make fun of him for, just like the stupid "orange skin" and "small hands" insults, when the man does plenty of stupid and harmful things that actually matter to make fun of him for.

Did you miss the "favorite president" part?