• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 20, 2022
God, I didn't watch a single trailer or piece of marketing for season 1. Had no idea what it was until I started seeing it blow up everywhere. Decided to check it out and I remember being intrigued by the opening scene, trying to figure out what the concept even was. When it was revealed what 'Severance' is, I was almost mad at myself for not having thought of that before. It's a perfect sci-fi concept, simple, easy to understand, but with pretty enormous implications.

El_Dabrah

Feb 18, 2024
I recently watched Season 1. The finale was amazing, if anything because it was the type of episode you don't get until the next season. The penultimate episode had such a cliffhanger/finale ending. And they went ahead and had one more episode and you were like WHAT! And even though we got a lot of reveals, I still have questions and have no idea what is going to happen next.

I do worry they built such a great mystery that there is no where to go but down. But, still, I'm going to be there every step of the way.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
oh man this is great news, discovered it by chance recently and I've been eager for more since :D

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Excited but nervous. Do we know if they actually had a proper arc planned for this show? The production for both seasons sounds messy...

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
One of the GOAT'd final season episodes. I really hope this show is as well planned out as we hope it is.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Man I really hope S2 can be as amazing or even better than S1, but that's a tall order.

Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler up if we gotta but the finale - huh?

I just wasn't sure exactly what was going on in the Mark scenes.

The four mains are all in some sort of peril, though.

The other little things peppered throughout the first season that may or may not be expanded on, not too concerned. I'll just have to re-watch for another umpteenth time.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
lets-go.gif

I'll resub to Apple+ for this.
Same

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
NdT7l0Y.jpeg

Hmmm, the clapper says 17:9. Hope this doesn't mean they didn't film this season in anamorphic. Season 1 had jaw dropping cinematography...

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Ahhh fuck didn't know about the issues behind the scenes. Hopefully it's sorted, don't need another True Detective Season 2 situation.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I really think making a season 2 is a mistake, but I'm there to hopefully see that I'm wrong. I feel the story ended perfectly well in season 1; I don't need every detail or answer explained.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
I really think making a season 2 is a mistake, but I'm there to hopefully see that I'm wrong. I feel the story ended perfectly well in season 1; I don't need every detail or answer explained.
I half agree, I think the existential horror of severance can be explored more especially in a corporate horror setting, but I am not really interested in questions like "what does lumen actually do?" because I don't think that's the point of the show. I hope they don't explain the weird, surreal stuff.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
HELL FUCKING YES.

S1 is one of my all time favorite seasons of tv. Up there with Better Call Saul, The Terror S1, Hannibal, Patrick Melrose, GoT S1, first five episodes of True Detective S1, The Knick, Andor, etc. If S2 is even 70% that good, I'll be happy

tons-of-gifs-of-milchick-dancing-but-i-couldnt-find-one-v0-xwe82whk7fsb1.gif

Finally! Let's goooooooo

The satisfaction that awaits. IYKYK 😌

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Severance is quite possibly the greatest first/single season of a TV show I've ever seen. The world building, lore, and mystery is just on another level.

But I don't have very high hopes for season 2 for a few reasons:

1. The second season of any show is very often a step down from the first season.
2. There were numerous reports of creative clashes, arguments, and disagreements among the showrunners. That kind of infighting doesn't bode well for a tight and cohesive second season.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Don't have high expectations for season 2. First one felt like lightning in a bottle. Also, I got slight LOST vibes. Part of me thinks the writers had no idea where they were headed.

And hearing about the in fighting kinda proves that point. So I think all of you shouldn't get your hopes up.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
A disappointing follow up won't diminish S1 for me.

Russian Doll S2 was kinda lame but I can still rewatch S1 without paying it any mind.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
"season 1 was fantastic, season 2 will probably suck"

resetera

i cant wait, get that shit edited and on my tv asap

Dec 17, 2022
YES!

Please keep the level of writing, intrigue, mystery, and suspense please! Early talks of production issues had me worried.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
"season 1 was fantastic, season 2 will probably suck"

resetera

i cant wait, get that shit edited and on my tv asap
It's just being realistic. The mystery of season one can't be replicated. The "WTF is going on here?" can't be redone to the same effect. We've seen it happen countless times. I'm sure it'll be decent though. But I'm keeping my hype in check. I'd love to eat crow though.