The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
But would you lose?
imagine-not-living-on-earth-v0-enNqYTI2ZnNkcmRjMV2atxttO7W56h1hEDC5CURmov1s3ydJC9_k6zDlt-MR.png

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, now it's going really off here (Germany). The flares are brightly visible. Almost like when I saw the lights in Iceland

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Netherlands here. Went outside to watch, but I can't see shit. Bad combination light cloud cover and of course light polution from the city.

At most I see a very, very faint purple haze (heh) but that's about it.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Never expected to see it in SE UK. Started off really faint, then you could see the bands as a dull red/pink glow in the sky with the naked eye. Wish we could see like a camera can.

Aj8ieOs.jpg

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit!... Just come in from seeing the most incredible aurora display for over an hour. Amazing reds and greens, and well defined curtains and shafts. I never thought I'd see such a display in SW England (Exmoor) I'm getting the pics off my camera and will post one when I do.

Well worth heading out for.

Ion Stream

Oct 31, 2017
Holy shit!... Just come in from seeing the most incredible aurora display for over an hour. Amazing reds and greens, and well defined curtains and shafts. I never thought I'd see such a display in SW England (Exmoor) I'm getting the pics off my camera and will post one when I do.

Well worth heading out for.

Oh wow I'm jealous! I live near Barnstaple but too many lights to see it. Should have taken the trek to the moors!

Deadman

Oct 29, 2017
DVN73bv.jpeg

QVv3eou.jpeg

Manchester, UK.

By eye it looked like white streaks of cloud at first glance but a phone camera immediately showed it to look like the above.

Over time from standing looking at it you could see faint purples and greens by eye.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see the news about this but a friend pinged telling us to go outside and caught the tail end of this! As someone who recently travelled to Iceland in part to catch the northern lights, I can't believe we saw them even clearer right on our doorstep in the UK haha... beautiful.

IMG-3251.jpg

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
KP Index has hit 9 ... Wonder if any infrastructure will be affected. Not heard of anything as yet, but I'm assuming major things like national grids can mitigate against potential problems to some degree.