Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
My shots are not a good as some, but just happy to witness it. Yikes, I reduced the image size massively, but it's been blown up on here :(

aFlVkbH.jpeg

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I live in Orlando. Will I be able to see anything tonight?

...Also should I turned off and unplug my electronics just in case? I have no idea how something like this will affect things.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK

...Also should I turned off and unplug my electronics just in case? I have no idea how something like this will affect things.

No problems here, but I did try and take photos with my drone and every time I turned it on I had to calibrate my compass.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Still not seeing anything where I live. Of all nights to be cloudy. It's not even super bad, I can see stars through the clouds, but apparently bad enough to block the aurora since the sky is the same dark blue color as usual.

Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Almost all the places with the cool pics are from 50° N and above. Doesn't make me confident about seeing it here at high 30s° N

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still not seeing anything where I live. Of all nights to be cloudy. It's not even super bad, I can see stars through the clouds, but apparently bad enough to block the aurora since the sky is the same dark blue color as usual.

Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.
Try taking a picture, with night mode if it's an option. You may be surprised

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017

You're electronics are fine.

If it shows where you are. The most you'll see it, is on the horizon. Would need to be in a very dark area and a camera/phone with high exposure on. Face it north towards the horizon.

The chances of anything being overhead like some of these pics are very very slim.

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Wish I'd heard about this earlier as I couldn't see anything when I looked. However, the light pollution around here is a disaster, so I probably wouldn't see anything anyway.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
I'm assuming this is happening outside of the US as well? Anyone seeing it in the UK? Can't decide whether to drive out to somewhere with less light pollution (West Midlands way).

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
No dice here in Spain, too southern it seems.
Considering Alabama is more southern, I had hope :(

Oct 27, 2017
Not hitting here until 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM it looks like.
Enjoy it all that stay up for it, but no. I'll find out in the morning how it was, assuming there's electricity and internet.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody see anything in southern New England USA tonight? Waiting for my kid to fall asleep… I'm in central MA. Probably too much light pollution and clouds.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a bit of light on the horizon here in Ohio. Hope I get to see more.