Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Just looks like another normal night in Toronto.

we can't get any W's lately....

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
qWFVz39.webp
Fucking amazing.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Was worried I was missing something, but yeah looked normal dark :(
I got excited when I saw how far north some of these responses were, but not enough i guess.
If you are in the heart of the city and it's cloudy there is no way you will see it. You need a clear sky and some place with light to moderate light pollution

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I was shook when I saw people in south/central texas are seeing it but it's so fucking cloudy here in Austin. I drove to go out west and there's a FUCKING STORM on the horizon. It's useless. :(

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Checking back in from a clear North Shore MA. My iPhone is picking up some beautiful purples and my eyes think they are seeing the same but not so much.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Reading with some heavy light pollution but I saw the Northern Lights vividly from this same spot 40 years ago by chance. Hoping for the same.
Good luck! Though I'm guessing there's a tad more light pollution than there was four decades ago...
I'm sorta surprised it's not stronger in this state right now seeing as how some of the photos from nearby states look pretty gnarly.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How come so many people from the USA can see all of this and here am I much further north in Quebec in the middle of nowhere and nothing. :(

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
Rural Northeast Ohio, there's a nice purple tint but you gotta turn on night sight on the phone camera to really see it. Still pretty fucking cool

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Went back out just now to a better spot to set up my actual camera, and it seemed to be completely gone. (Texas)

At least I got one good pic with my phone.. lol

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got a few good moments of it but it's pretty still now here in northern Indiana near the Michigan border.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
The pictures I'm seeing from friends in Michigan are astounding. Sad we've got clouds and rain here in DC.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
In Reno for the night, so hopefully I'll be able to see something. Also the person at the front desk said they're suddenly having problems with most of their key cards. I wonder if that's related.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like another flare will be hitting soon, could be a good opportunity to see with the naked eye.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
huh thats funny, I didnt realize this was happening tonight, but for some reason I decided to go outside to sit out in the dark, and I found myself a bit curious why the night sky seemed a bit purple. Just thought it was light pollution around the town. It looked mildly interesting, but didn't think much of it because it wasn't really noticeable.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Not seeing anything where I am in MA but I'm getting in my car to see if I can drive somewhere to see it

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
Had a hard time seeing it with my naked eye in Pittsburgh (most likely due to the light pollution) but I got it to show up on my camera. Wild.

Mar 18, 2020
Cleared up here briefly in Eastern PA, long enough for me to see the pillars of light. Something I've been meaning to see my entire life, so that was absolutely incredible. Anyone know if the storm will persist through the night? I think it's gonna clear up here as the night goes on.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely incredible experience here in Michigan

So many colors bright and vibrant dancing in the sky. First time I've ever seen this in person and I was blown away

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
Bunch of other folks in Minneapolis reporting seeing them on Reddit but I'm seeing nothing 😭

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
In metrowest Boston I saw practically nothing. There are wispy clouds in the sky, but some friends as far south as Kentucky reported a spectacularly bright light show and there was nothing at all like that here.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
It's been cloudy and rainy for a few days in Maryland. Can't see anything this evening, but hopefully will be able to check periodically through the night if there's a break in the clouds.