• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to start this tonight! Managed to convince my girlfriend to check the show out a couple of days ago and she's already caught up. I can't believe the show doesn't have more buzz.

Oct 27, 2017
The one weird thing in the first season ( at least weird to me) was how Americanized the school seemed. I don't think it is like this in the UK, is it?

No, that was definitely odd but I guess they did it like that to appeal more to a US audience.

Anyway, this was one of my favourite shows of last year and I will check S2 out over the weekend.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess just speaking anecdotally, since barely anyone I know has seen it. And this thread has barely hit 2 pages on here.

I'm sure it was in the top 10 most watched shows on Netflix, in the UK at least.

I don't think anyone in my office has watched it either, but I just hope it's good enough to last a few seasons in total.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This show just keeps getting more wild to the point I'm now suspending belief way too much.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Watched the first two episodes. It's still as sharp as the first season and I like how the show goes all over the place with its characters rather than focusing in on Otis and Meave's sex clinic.

Kinda disappointed with...

How slow the Rahim storyline is going. It just makes him look like a creepy stalker rather than someone who is interested in Eric.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
liking the new season so far , but i feel they wasted our time building up a relationship last season and tore it down hella quick
bleh

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Finished watching it. The show develops everything else which is a good thing but honestly I just wanted more Maeve and Otis which was really put on the back burner this season :(

The Romeo and Juliet Musical is something else lmao. Hilarious.
Fuckin haaaaaaaaaate how the season ended though arghhhh gets me angry.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen I think 3 or 4 episodes now. It's still just as good!

I'm still really confused by the setting and time period... It feels like a weird hybrid of British and American schools and set in the 80's / 90's but also not? Or am I seeing things.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still really confused by the setting and time period... It feels like a weird hybrid of British and American schools and set in the 80's / 90's but also not? Or am I seeing things.

It's intentionally anachronistic, don't think about it too hard

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I just watched it and I have to say that Jackson was probably my favorite character this season. I loved everything they did with him on this season. Adam, Maeve, and Ola also had some nice story arcs.

Last edited:

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just finished it. I liked it overall but it definitely feels like the sitcom-y, overly melodramatic storytelling gets in the way a lot of the time
they really overused the "minor character miscommunication results in major turmoil" rom-com trope, and in such a short series the constant romantic rejigging was just a bit tiresome. Making Ola bisexual seemed like a lazy way to cushion the blow of her and Otis breaking up, which was a shame as I felt like they were so much better suited than Otis and Maeve which is presumably what we're eventually heading towards. Also found the Aimee sexual harrassment subplot very clumsy, especially the goofy decision to have her see visions of her attacker. Shame as it was a subject worth dealing with. Was infuriated by the ending.

Also thought this season had way too many characters considering it's only 8 x 50 minute episodes. A lot of the new characters felt really underdeveloped, especially Florence.

Oct 25, 2017
It's been great so far but contains one of my most annoying things in shows.

Characters playing a dance game while clearly not hitting the right steps. It's a cute moment where the characters are connecting with dance and I'm just like ugh they're missing everything.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished episode 7 and that was probably the best episode so far. And the music section has been on point.

This season has really made me realize that Otis is my least liked character. He's just so frustratingly annoying and selfish. I'm glad this season has decided to focus more on the queer and sex fluid characters, they add much more to the show.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
S2 is enjoyable enough but falling into predictability. The way the Ola situation was treated was just not a believable enough turn, the Raheem situation wasn't treated well and the ending is something we have seen forever. There's no reason for that ending. No one does that.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the first episode of season 2 last night. Loved it, and I loved the first season too. Can't wait to watch the rest!

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
5 episodes down.

I'm enjoying it, but I feel like it's missing a spark the first season had.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Finally saw all 8 episodes and yeah, I share the same sentiment that so many things weren't resolved as cleanly as possible, and that ending was just bad.

Man, they are really pushing for Adam and Eric to get together in spite of the fact that Adam tormented Eric for a long time and even after Otis called him out on it, huh? The whole "he doesn't get you" reason is pure bullshit considering that all Rahim did is try to get to know Eric and to loosen up. I also hated the fact we barely got to know that guy aside from his parents having to run away because of religious persecution. He was just put as a roadblock to Adam and Eric until the very last scene.

Otis also acted like a big asshole the entire season but at least they addressed that in the end. It kinda soured the season a bit seeing him be toxic to everyone (and he was already toxic in Season 1, especially by leaving Eric alone on his birthday), but I liked how they resolved it.

Also speaking of the ending, wtf was with Isaac deleting Otis' voice mail. It's another BS roadblock to Maeve + Otis' friendship repairing. It's BS because there's already a lot of weight there, and I didn't need this cliche to make things more interesting.

Honestly, Season 2 really put the spotlight on the supporting characters and they really carried the season (Aimes' and Jackson's storylines were great). Maeve also carried the entire season and her storyline was just incredibly dark. The only problem is that they're not just as interesting, unique, and funny as Otis' first-season arc of not being able to masturbate so it brought down the season.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
I actually don't share most of the sentiments here and I'm probably in the minority, but I liked this season much more than the last. The show propped up the supporting cast and made many of them much more than one note jokes. I also like that each episode took on tough topics rather than just flaunting around sex/relationships as humor.

It's not a perfect show, Otis is even more insufferable than ever and Eric's plot is kind of a mess, but I enjoyed the rest. I'm down for the next season.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
I'm really hoping we'll get a third season, it's just so much fun.

I preferred the first season but this one was still a great watch. Really liked the way they ended the Aimee's plot, gave me a great feeling. The Isaac plot feels a bit weird to me and I didn't really like the ending, but I don't mind it that much. I'm still rooting for Otis and Maeve even though Otis was pretty annoying this season, though it felt like it was intentional to me. It's actually one of the reasons I liked the previous season more, this one was really lacking in Otis and Maeve moments.

Oct 27, 2017
I just watched it and I have to say that Jackson was probably my favorite character this season. I loved everything they did with him on this season. Adam, Maeve, and Ola also had some nice story arcs.

I'm only 3 episodes in, but I really love how they're developing his character. He's got a lot of conflict of what he wants to do vs what's expected of him, he seems to be forming a bond with his tutor and they're taking him some really interesting places.

I also love Eric so much. He's such a fun bubbly character and I find his happiness infectious whenever he's on screen. He's definitely my favourite member of the cast.