• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The PlayStation 4 remake of Shadow of the Colossus already looks spectacular, thanks to SIE Japan Studio and Bluepoint Games' total rebuild of the 2005 game. But it will look much, much better on Sony's latest hardware, the PlayStation 4 Pro, including the ability to play Shadow of the Colossus at 60 frames per second.

Sony previously announced that Shadow of the Colossus will run at 30 fps on a standard PS4, and at 4K and 30 fps on PS4 Pro. But according to a document uploaded to Sony's press site for Paris Games Week, PS4 Pro owners will also have the option to play Shadow of the Colossus at 60 fps, albeit at lower a resolution of 1080p. Sony didn't officially announce 60 fps support during Paris Games Week, and it appears the company was holding back that announcement for a later date. Those details come from a "messaging" document designed to supplement an official fact sheet.

The option to revisit Shadow of the Colossus — a game that ran with an inconsistent frame rate on PlayStation 2 — with 60 fps gameplay is a pretty big change. The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PlayStation 3 gave Team Ico fans a chance to play those games at a consistent 30 fps frame rate.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/30/16575434/shadow-of-the-colossus-remake-ps4-pro-60-fps#comments

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I might have to get a PS4 Pro now.
Also, I hope this doesn't accidentally make the game more difficult. :P

Deleted member 14535

Have to admit had this on PS2 and never completed it, time to buy again!

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect, now fixed the controls in ps3 version.

Or should I say unfix it.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, more options the better, and I will definitely take 1080/60. I love my 4k, but 60 fps is more important!

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you play the PS2 version at 60FPS if you use an emulator? Or will this be the first time that a Team Ico game has been at 60FPS?

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Never played this before. And I have a PS4 Pro so I guess I'm obligated to buy this now.

Neo-Rudo

Oct 27, 2017
Can you play the PS2 version at 60FPS if you use an emulator? Or will this be the first time that a Team Ico game has been at 60FPS?
Team Ico isn't making this game. Whilst they was behind the original concept / design another group is remaking it, similar to crash.

Secondly whilst you can run it on an emulator at higher fps the original Ps2 version dipped into the 20 fps zone at some points.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
1080p/30fps is fine by me since I'm keeping the base model.
Happy for Pro owners though (if it's indeed 60fps)

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also optional updated controls:

One of the most highly acclaimed and beloved video games of all time, Shadow of the Colossus™ has been reborn for a new generation on PlayStation®4. With improved visuals, enhanced performance and optional updated controls

Deleted member 5956

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

not at a locked 60fps with current processors. it's hugely demanding on the cpu as the emulation runs the game at consistently higher framerates than real hardware. any videos on youtube showing constant 60fps are using the emulators playback function.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4v0amr/shadow_of_the_colossus_framerates_and_you/

vhm74

Oct 30, 2017
Game looks impressive, I'll be content if it's rock-solid 30 fps on my base PS4. I can't help but wonder what these Bluepoint wizards could do if they finally end up remastering Demon's Souls

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Uh, how will this work for the speedrun community? Which will the community settle with? I mean, obviously 60fps is superior, but being "forced" to buy a Pro in order to compete seems absurd :/

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Even if I had a Pro, I will still choose to play it at 30fps. 30fps or less is the tradition for Ueda games :P

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they sort out the off feeling controls that came with the PS3 remaster, it didn't quite feel like the original game, like the characters balance had been messed with or something.

Can't wait though, one of my favourite games.

Billy323

Oct 27, 2017
Ok once and for all can we stop about broken controls on the PS3 remaster. The controls were not broken, it was based on the Euro version. The Euro and Jap versions had the same grip control, it was the US version which had easier grip controls. Like they say if you have trouble with it Git Gud