• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
The upcoming Shadow of the Tomb Raider will run at 4K resolution and 60FPS on the Xbox One X, according to Eidos Montreal boss David Anfossi.

4K and 60FPS on Xbox One X, Anfossi said during the interview, although he didn't say whether this is native 4K resolution and a locked 60FPS on Microsoft's enhanced Xbox One. In addition, the studio head confirmed that the final game of Lara Croft's origin will feature a new rendering and lighting system to exploit the maximum potential of the Xbox One X, although the game is being optimized for all platforms.

Anfossi added that he believes that Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be the most beautiful game ever on the Xbox One S at this point

We will probably see a 4K60fps gameplay demo at Microsoft's E3 conference based on all of the Xbox advertising in the official CG teaser and the fact they keep promoting the Xbox One X.

https://wccftech.com/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-4k60fps-xb1x/

EDIT: For those who want to see what exactly was said. Skip to 4:26.

Quote from the video interview:
"I can't say too much but there will be a scene with 150 NPCs running at 4K with 60 frames per second."

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I wanna see the receipt.

Perhaps it's actually 4K or 60FPS. The game is getting bigger than ever, it's unbelievable.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This is unprecedented for the Xbox One X isn't it?

I'd assume that it'll have the same display options as Rise did.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is immediately reminding me of the guy working on Detroit Become Human recently saying the game ran at native 4K, only to later say "oops, I didn't mean to say that".

Not a chance in hell Tomb Raider runs at 4K 60fps.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't believe that for a second. I doubt it will even have a stable 60fps mode for 1080p. He must have meant something else.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forza 7, for one, does it already, so it's definitely possible. But of course nobody believes the devs and prefer to post memes.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Dynamic or incredibly unstable 60 kinda like the definitive edition.
It's hard to believe considering Jaguar cores are a huge bottleneck.
Besides the hair simulations Tomb Raider games to don't really utilize CPUs that much. If anything I'd expect the issue is on the gpu with all the expensive effects on screen.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
YEAAAHHH!!! The X is a beast it can make that happen but not locked 60fps. The thing is I wonder if it's one mode 4k/60fps or some Resolution/performance modes.
Not a chance in hell Tomb Raider runs at 4K 60fps.
The X1X can make it happen though and we saw it in other games.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I'm sure there will be different modes. "4k" 60fps with medium settings or 4k 30fps high settings for example.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Dynamic or incredibly unstable 60 kinda like the definitive edition.

Besides the hair simulations Tomb Raider games to don't really utilize CPUs that much. If anything I'd expect the issue is on the gpu with all the expensive effects on screen.

The hubs are a massive cpu hog in Rise.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
A better comparison would Far Cry 5 to be honest. While it's not 60 it's locked 30 at 4K without drops, tons of simulations that should kill the jaguar and open world.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Ill be pleasantly surprised. Im leaning towards him meaning 4k mode or 60 fps mode, likely very much like Rise

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
The reason I'm doubtful is that in the case of other 4K/60fps games on Xbox One X (e.g. Forza 7, Overwatch) they were already targeting 1080p/60fps on the base console. Thereby meaning either resolution or framerate got a bump but not both. To see a game run at 1080p/30fps on the base console and then 4K/60fps on the new console would seem unrealistic.