• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only three weeks to Magic! Do you guys think we will see there some battle gameplay? I also remember Suzuki said last december that he wanted to show the new version of the 1 teaser they showed in gamescom early this year, do you think the could show this too?
I can't wait to see the gameplay!
I am hyped to the maximum. I think we'll see gameplay.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Maybe in Magic they will explain when they are going to release the demo and the release date of the game?
I think the backer demo will come up in some form (even if it's just a question at the panel/from fan interviews), but a release date is really, really unlikely for MAGIC. That's something we'll probably hear more about come the Summer, if YSnet don't announce another delay.

As for what we see at MAGIC, I think the gameplay displayed will be stuff that's fond and familiar for fans of the series like mini-games, the "detective" gameplay, etc. Combat could factor into that, but it depends what section of the game they're showing. If it's early-game Bailu Village quests then possibly not? It'll at least get talked about at Yu's panel I think, even if he's just showing tests and slides that describe how it all works and ties together.

MAGIC is a bit of a blank canvas, really. That's exciting in its own way.

Hazuki00

Jan 26, 2018
I think the backer demo will come up in some form (even if it's just a question at the panel/from fan interviews), but a release date is really, really unlikely for MAGIC. That's something we'll probably hear more about come the Summer, if YSnet don't announce another delay.

As for what we see at MAGIC, I think the gameplay displayed will be stuff that's fond and familiar for fans of the series like mini-games, the "detective" gameplay, etc. Combat could factor into that, but it depends what section of the game they're showing. If it's early-game Bailu Village quests then possibly not? It'll at least get talked about at Yu's panel I think, even if he's just showing tests and slides that describe how it all works and ties together.

MAGIC is a bit of a blank canvas, really. That's exciting in its own way.
I'd like to see the release of the demo around June. If they manage to release the game on December, that would be a good introduction to the game and kill time until the release.

Combat gameplay would be nice to hear of it although having in mind that in a recent interview Suzuki still didn't make up his mind about it, I'm not so sure we'll get to see it. However, I'm still hoping to see at least some prototype about fighting, having in mind they have 'something'finalised if we remember that pic with Ryo kicking two enemies with his head photoshopped.

I'd like to see at least pictures of baisha, we still have not seen a single image about that place with the toulous, I'm curious!

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the demo is more in the style of "What's Shenmue?" so as not to spoil the game, but I fear it will just result in even more shit posting.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
I'd like to see the release of the demo around June. If they manage to release the game on December, that would be a good introduction to the game and kill time until the release.

Combat gameplay would be nice to hear of it although having in mind that in a recent interview Suzuki still didn't make up his mind about it, I'm not so sure we'll get to see it. However, I'm still hoping to see at least some prototype about fighting, having in mind they have 'something'finalised if we remember that pic with Ryo kicking two enemies with his head photoshopped.

I'd like to see at least pictures of baisha, we still have not seen a single image about that place with the toulous, I'm curious!
About the interview from the Christmas update; it's best not to take what Yu said there too literally.

Actually, literally might not be the best word. There's some context missing in that interview that can make it a little confusing if taken in isolation.

See, in that interview Yu talked about general goals for the combat (thinking-style game, etc), and then specified tying it into mechanics like item collection, cutscenes, QTEs, etc. However, previously Yu has talked about physics and environment interactions, better 360 degree offensive capability, tactics, and so on. Because these weren't mentioned in the interview, I think Yu was specifically talking about what they look to include in the combat going forward in development, rather than what they've already achieved.

Talking about what he's thinking of doing and the "don't expect them (the mechanics he talked about) too soon" comment might give the impression they've not made much progress on combat, but I don't think that's the case based on the above. It's just an error in communication the Kickstarter update team didn't notice.

I think they've definitely got their combat model worked out and implemented to some degree, they're just looking to improve it and tie it in better with other elements of the game right now. One way or another I think we'll hear/see more about combat at MAGIC, even if it isn't strictly part of whatever gameplay demo they plan to show. It could come up in Yu's panel as part of the presentation.

I really hope the demo is more in the style of "What's Shenmue?" so as not to spoil the game, but I fear it will just result in even more shit posting.
Yu apparently wants to backer demo to be like "What's Shenmue?", so there's a reasonable chance you'll get what you want in that respect.

As for the shitposting, maybe. Depends how much of the gameplay variety is shown off during it. What's Shenmue? is pretty notable for not showing off the breadth of Shenmue's basic mechanics, but I think they'll have a more robust offering for Shenmue III's backer demo. I would like to think YSnet know that even though the demo is exclusive to backers, the footage and impressions shared will be a valuable word-of-mouth marketing tool; and so they aim to show the game in the best light possible.

Hazuki00

Jan 26, 2018
About the interview from the Christmas update; it's best not to take what Yu said there too literally.

Actually, literally might not be the best word. There's some context missing in that interview that can make it a little confusing if taken in isolation.

See, in that interview Yu talked about general goals for the combat (thinking-style game, etc), and then specified tying it into mechanics like item collection, cutscenes, QTEs, etc. However, previously Yu has talked about physics and environment interactions, better 360 degree offensive capability, tactics, and so on. Because these weren't mentioned in the interview, I think Yu was specifically talking about what they look to include in the combat going forward in development, rather than what they've already achieved.

Talking about what he's thinking of doing and the "don't expect them (the mechanics he talked about) too soon" comment might give the impression they've not made much progress on combat, but I don't think that's the case based on the above. It's just an error in communication the Kickstarter update team didn't notice.

I think they've definitely got their combat model worked out and implemented to some degree, they're just looking to improve it and tie it in better with other elements of the game right now. One way or another I think we'll hear/see more about combat at MAGIC, even if it isn't strictly part of whatever gameplay demo they plan to show. It could come up in Yu's panel as part of the presentation.

Yu apparently wants to backer demo to be like "What's Shenmue?", so there's a reasonable chance you'll get what you want in that respect.

I see, I knew there were missing parts in that interview or the context wasn't right because of what I said about this image:
shenmue-3b.jpg

I don't remember how many months old is this image but we can see that the fighting engine is in the works so I suppose they have something much more advanced or near finalished now.
I don't lose hope to see some battle gameplay or at least some pictures.

Another thing I'm eager to learn about is the great wall, Shenmue 3 is supposed to develop in three cities but we weren't told anything about the great wall so maybe this is an "extra" we get because of the bigger budget and the efficiency of Unreal4, they are capable of doing more in less time.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
I see, I knew there were missing parts in that interview or the context wasn't right because of what I said about this image:
shenmue-3b.jpg

I don't remember how many months old is this image but we can see that the fighting engine is in the works so I suppose they have something much more advanced or near finalished now.
I don't lose hope to see some battle gameplay or at least some pictures.

Another thing I'm eager to learn about is the great wall, Shenmue 3 is supposed to develop in three cities but we weren't told anything about the great wall so maybe this is an "extra" we get because of the bigger budget and the efficiency of Unreal4, they are capable of doing more in less time.
That image is from way back in mid-December 2016, right as the prototype was wrapping up. Time has flown since then, wow!

But yeah, as you can see from the way the environment is laid out with objects this was the point where they'd at least implemented stuff like environment and physics interactions on a basic level, and who knows what else. Kind of makes it funny how some freaked out about the "puzzle game" mistranslation from the most recent interview with Yu, like they'd forgotten what we already knew/had seen of the combat development. I guess people have short memories.

I'm pretty excited to learn more about the Great Wall area too, though it might possibly have been planned to be included from the start rather than something included during development. I don't think it'll be a properly fleshed out area like Bailu, Choubu, or Baisha; but an area that's specific to a story event.

Actually on that point; if YSnet are staying geographically accurate to the locations Choubu and Baisha are based on, they'd be in the Hunan and Fujian provinces respectively; but neither are near the Great Wall of China at all. Begs the question how Ryo gets there in the first place...

Oct 30, 2017
A: "With the area Baisha, we want to include new fun not included in Shenmue 2. Traditional tactics such as seige and infiltration that we see in warring kingdoms in traditional China are also added. But I want to make it Shenmue-like, easy to grasp, easy to play, and provide more fun.

For context.

MadeMan

Dec 3, 2017
Sydney, Australia
I'm excited for MAGIC, hoping to see some gameplay of Ryo exploring those great looking locations Fight gameplay would be nice , but id settle for more details about it too.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
We're a mere 19 days away from MAGIC now, can you believe it? Feels like only yesterday we got three new screens out of the blue at the press conference.

I'd say we're due a Kickstarter update this week or next, but mainly just to publish the schedule of Yu's panel and signing sessions. The main schedule of MAGIC hasn't been released, so I imagine that's why we haven't had the details on that just yet.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed high quality versions of the three new screens make it into the next update. Overall though I wouldn't be too annoyed if they didn't, I think whatever comes out at MAGIC is going to blow that stuff out of the water entirely.

Hazuki00

Jan 26, 2018
Time flies! I can't believe we are going to see real Shenmue 3 gameplay, after all these years! Three years ago I was hoping to see a Shenmue manga released to know the story at least and now this... We're are going to have the full on Shenmue experience with even better graphics than I hoped!

I'm sure I will be very pleased when I get to see the new video gameplay, I'm hoping for a very artistic, detailed, colourful and above all, beautiful graphics. This is not about AAA realistic graphics, this is art.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
I did the whole registration, Twitter follow thing, but it's a pretty odd inclusion of Ryo don't you think?

I wonder how this even came about. SEGA utilising the immensely loyal Shenmue fanbase to promote this game, or are the developers fans who lobbied for this?

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure. Are other Sega characters even in it?

Can't deny myself an opportunity to support it, whatever it is, just so we see Ryo in another game.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
I saw something about a Japanese pro-wrestler having a character in there, but no idea about the rest of the roster.

It's definitely a weird one, but it wouldn't be the first time Ryo had turned up unexpectedly in another game.

I mean there's that NFL game cameo, both Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing games, and Project X Zone 2. For a series that only really lived for two games between 1999 - 2001, it's pretty impressive how the character keeps popping up.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Mm. I'm surprised it lasted this long considering it's pretty much a unique piece of Shenmue memorabilia, but $8000 is a pretty steep price tag so... maybe it took someone all this time to save the money?

But yeah, the Slacker Backer continues to bring in bank. It's still averaging something like $200-$300 daily after nearly two and a half years of being active. The total doesn't get updated very often anymore (not that it matters a huge amount since Deep Silver joined the project anyway), but it's nice to know fans are still tracking how much money it makes.

Anyway now for something more relevant to what's coming up in just over 2 weeks. Let's take a trip back to last year, as it's nearly been 12 whole months since the footage for Dev Room Vol 2 was recorded.

I know it's a good idea not to get too hyped around what we'll see at MAGIC in case YSnet isn't quite ready to show much, or they're holding back the big guns for later in the year; but consider the snippets of gameplay we saw in this Dev Room video.

Arcade machines were getting implemented, a revised notepad system was working, quests with (possibly mo-capped) animations were being tested, a rudimentary UI (with Playstation prompts) and a mini-map were working, and the lead developers were sitting down with Yu for play-checks spanning whole in-game days. And that's all we could see, let alone the other systems we've heard about being developed.

I can't help myself from being really excited about MAGIC now, looking back at where they were this time last year.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
You kid, but I remember people complaining about that when that video released. Same with the lack of animation on Ryo's fingers (conspicuously nobody really noticed there's literally an object from Shenmue II in the scene too).

I guess the gripes made a little more sense when everybody was still holding some hope for a release in 2017, but even then you could reasonably assume what was being shown wasn't "finished" gameplay.

The funniest gripe I saw about that video was in the comments section of a gaming website, where some guy was just railing about how QTEs were lazy and that the devs had given up on their other mechanics if they were taking this route. I asked if they'd even watched the video to realise the QTEs were part of the in-game arcade machine referencing a similar mini-game from the originals, and they got a bit sheepish about clearly heading straight to the comments section after reading the headline. Unfortunately this is a calibre of shithead the games media require for clicks to survive.

But anyway, point still stands about what I posted above. I missed something out, actually - the shot of Bailu Village from a high point also showed some NPCs walking around too if you look carefully. Shenmue III feels like an iceberg, we've only seen like the top 10% of what's been worked on so far.

Hazuki00

Jan 26, 2018
You kid, but I remember people complaining about that when that video released. Same with the lack of animation on Ryo's fingers (conspicuously nobody really noticed there's literally an object from Shenmue II in the scene too).

I don't care about troll comments no more, it's a no end fight and it's always better to not feed trolls.

About the video, I can't believe it's a year old already, time past so fast!

About the iceberg comment, Suzuki always was like this, he only show snippets of his works and people tend to think they are not working or the development goes too slow but I hope this 24 of this month they show us a more advance insight and a long gameplay, that will put every worry to end.

I count the days till magic, I try to don't get my hopes too high but it's nearly impossible, too many years waiting for this day and I want to see a long video showing "detective" gameplay, battles, npcs wandering about and so much more.

I wonder how Shenmue 1 and 2 flashbacks will look like remade with the Ue 4. I'd like to see some more scenes of Iwao and his past and very curious to see characters like Ren, Lan Di, Chai or Niao Sun!

So many questions!

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
I don't care about troll comments no more, it's a no end fight and it's always better to not feed trolls.

About the video, I can't believe it's a year old already, time past so fast!

About the iceberg comment, Suzuki always was like this, he only show snippets of his works and people tend to think they are not working or the development goes too slow but I hope this 24 of this month they show us a more advance insight and a long gameplay, that will put every worry to end.

I count the days till magic, I try to don't get my hopes too high but it's nearly impossible, too many years waiting for this day and I want to see a long video showing "detective" gameplay, battles, npcs wandering about and so much more.

I wonder how Shenmue 1 and 2 flashbacks will look like remade with the Ue 4. I'd like to see some more scenes of Iwao and his past and very curious to see characters like Ren, Lan Di, Chai or Niao Sun!

So many questions!
Ah see, those comments in particular weren't trolls, just nitpicky fans. I'm sure they had good intentions in pulling that stuff up, but it just comes of as pedantic when there's already a mutual understanding between YSnet and backers that what's being shown isn't finished.

For the flashbacks, as far as we know they're not going to be "remade" sequences, are they? I'm trying to recall the specifics but as of Gamescom last year it hadn't seemed like a path had been fully decided on yet. Pretty sure the word "playable" was tossed around in one of the interviews though, but it could have been a misunderstanding. I suppose it'll be something to be cleared up later on in the year, maybe even at MAGIC if someone asks the right question.

Normally I'd wonder about the cost of putting in the time and effort to remake whole sequences from the original games, but the extent of Deep Silver's additional funding might allow for flourishes like that. I'd really love to see the opening cutscene of Shenmue remade for III.

Last edited:

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Sorry for the double post but it's come up as a topic of conversation elsewhere, so I figure it might be worth talking about here too.

Shenmue III at E3, this year.

I know not everybody is going to agree with this, but putting a lot of weight on E3 as the place to show Shenmue III this year is not a good idea, I think. Irrespective of a delay into 2019, E3 is a very crowded show and generally attention slants towards bigger games with a heavy action focus, or new announcements. That's not a hard and fast rule mind you, and there have been exceptions, but you can imagine how easily Shenmue III might get lost in the mix as a slower game that people already know is coming. I just don't think it's the right show for Shenmue III because of this.

A restrained showing, or even skipping E3 entirely, might make a lot of sense if it meant taking a more prominent position at one of the European shows like Paris Games Week or Gamescom. Maybe even TGS if YSnet want to hold off entirely until September, after MAGIC.

There are pros and cons to all scenarios, so what I'm really saying is the choice to YSnet isn't a binary good idea/bad idea, and we shouldn't treat it like such either.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
^^^ I think if it's a 2018 release, skipping E3 is effectively conceding that marketing of the game in the US market is going to be non-existent and that the game will bomb sales-wise. There's literally no better place to showcase your game, full stop. If I had a choice between a free Super Bowl commercial for Shenmue 3 and an E3 blowout, I'd go with the E3 blowout. It's that big of a stage. (because you get lots of free PR)

If it's not ready, that's different. But you don't run from "competition" when it's the one event the non-gaming press pays attention to. I think it is a very binary, very bad idea to skip it if they can help it.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Maybe I should have elaborated; I'm not working on the assumption a press conference slot is a given.

If Shenmue III is ready to show, and Sony offers a place in the E3 press conference, then yes it would be smart to be there.

But if the alternative is no E3 press conference slot, but a place of prominence in a PGW/Gamescom/TGS line-up, then a limited to non-presence at E3 might make more sense to save on time/marketing resources.

Last edited:

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect something on the E3 stage this year. After all, that's where the game was announced (leading to a record setting Kickstarter, no less), and while it doesn't have to be the tent-pole spectacle of the presentation, it's a natural place to show their progress.

seiki

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two weeks until the conference, oh yes...

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect something on the E3 stage this year. After all, that's where the game was announced (leading to a record setting Kickstarter, no less), and while it doesn't have to be the tent-pole spectacle of the presentation, it's a natural place to show their progress.
Sony have the pick of the crop for E3 as it is, and it could be a pretty packed show this year for all we know right now. Shenmue III just might not make the grade for whatever reason, even if it looks good and YSnet are confident in shipping in 2018. YSnet could still bring the game with a new trailer, screens, whatever; but at E3 news breaks constantly and it could easily be swept away in the melee. It might make sense to hold the big guns for one of the European shows where Sony might be more eager to push the game on-stage.

Sony do have an obligation to promote the game as a marketing partner, but there's likely no stipulations about having to provide an E3 showing. We just need to remind ourselves that there are other events, and that it's not always YSnet's decision.

Of course, nobody knows right now what's going to happen. We could get the game at E3 with a great on-stage showing, but just in case we should probably prepare for it either not being ready, or getting nudged off by a bigger title.

Oct 30, 2017
I'll be pretty skeptical of a 2018 release if they don't show a more fleshed-out product in a couple weeks. Environmental shots and character models are nice, but I don't think indicate a game that's close to release. I think MAGIC will definitely be the bellwether for whether or not the game comes out this year.

Hazuki00

Jan 26, 2018
I'll be pretty skeptical of a 2018 release if they don't show a more fleshed-out product in a couple weeks. Environmental shots and character models are nice, but I don't think indicate a game that's close to release. I think MAGIC will definitely be the bellwether for whether or not the game comes out this year.
If I'm not mistaken, the first thing they have been making it's the prototype, that implies that they need to have the mechanics, qte, battle engine and so ready first, and after that they focus on graphics.

I'm sure the game can be played from begin to end right now, other thing it's that there must be bugs and graphics to improve and solve.

seiki

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are hiding it mark my words did you not see all the gameplay sneaks they showed for like 3 seconds in the development reports? There are several of them now and each one has something gameplay related that is in-game. So far QTE Mini games and even Ryo standing available for control was shown with the mini map (which is hopefully optional)

Screenshots and models is what they're showing to cover up I believe because the playable game is all there, proof is out there it exists and if anything it could all be ready but I remain skeptical since Yu Suzuki's interview in December 2017 because he said they have not implemented the in-game combat system yet and QTE sections. This leds me to believe that the most important aspect of the game is missing and it's a huge chunk. Magic Monaco is definitely going to set the schedule and be a good indicator for when it'll be released, this year or not.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
I see some of you are getting a bit antsy on the run up to MAGIC.

Quick reminder:

One of the key comments from Cedric at the press conference last month was him referring to playing Shenmue III in December, and that "at MAGIC, we'll see the game in motion". Quite recently he also liked a Twitter comment suggesting a Shenmue III gameplay demonstration at the Shibuya Crazy Time panel.

Yu invites Cedric to Japan to play the game, Cedric invites Yu to MAGIC to show it off. Not discounting a major language mix-up and crossed wires, I think a first gameplay reveal is all but confirmed.

I remain skeptical since Yu Suzuki's interview in December 2017 because he said they have not implemented the in-game combat system yet and QTE sections. This leds me to believe that the most important aspect of the game is missing and it's a huge chunk.
I have a theory about that December interview that's a few posts up. I could be wrong about it all, but specifically in the case of QTEs Yu isn't talking speculatively as he actually showed a QTE sequence to press/select fans in the extended Gamescom progress video.

The confusion is coming from gamers not knowing how iterative development is, and YSnet assuming that they do, I think.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
To add to the E3 discussion - I think it's a case of either go all out or go home. Spaghetti's correct to a certain extent, showing the game off in a minimalist way would see Shenmue 3, which is a small to medium sized title almost certainly being lost in the rush and mania of the show. Conversely, should the game get a coveted slot in Sony's press conference as per the E3 of dreams show in its announcement at E3 2015 - that could set the world on fire. If Shenmue 3 is going to be at E3 it needs something as powerful and show-stopping as its initial reveal - as in a prime time slot in Sony's show.

Who knows, Sony could go for it. They positioned it as a major Sony exclusive when it was unveiled and they are supposed to be providing marketing support - so theoretically Sony should be the ones pushing for the game's inclusion. Shenmue 3 could very well get a slot, even if it's just a brief one with a trailer - and that would work wonders and perform miracles for the game.

Hazuki00

Jan 26, 2018
They are hiding it mark my words did you not see all the gameplay sneaks they showed for like 3 seconds in the development reports? There are several of them now and each one has something gameplay related that is in-game. So far QTE Mini games and even Ryo standing available for control was shown with the mini map (which is hopefully optional)

Yeah, I'm sure of this. Even since first development videos they were trying QTEs, like the one we saw with falling rocks and Ryo jumping to flee or the videos you have said.

We have not seen even anything and that lead us to think they are behind of schedule but in this project the last step they work on is graphics. They spent more than a year in prototyping.

From what I can see, they are more confident this time to be able to release the game this year, Cedric and Deep Silver have said this in some way already.

I expect to see some video gameplay on magic, maybe some battle scenes and npcs doing their daily routines.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
Magic's 2018 official teaser
https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/963350436991430656

Nothing new but we can see Suzuki as one of the special guest and some scenes of the 1 teaser of Shenmue 3.

Magic can't come soon enough!

They're using the better and awesome classic Shenmue 3 logo - the one in line with the logos from Shenmue 1 and 2. Guess this means they've changed it back, correct? Perhaps they heard us and reverted to the classic one, given all the noise made about Yu's hand-written one. Surely this means this logo is now the official one, given they're using it in promo?

Excited for Magic. Barely 10 days away now. I remain optimistic and confident that what they'll show will be good, given what they've released recently. Can't wait.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
They're using the better and awesome classic Shenmue 3 logo - the one in line with the logos from Shenmue 1 and 2. Guess this means they've changed it back, correct? Perhaps they heard us and reverted to the classic one, given all the noise made about Yu's hand-written one. Surely this means this logo is now the official one, given they're using it in promo?
Don't assume this outright. It could very easily be a slip up with whoever produced the video, and the general lack of consistent branding of Shenmue III so far (MAGIC's press conference used media that had all three logos so far, for example).

But by now YSnet should have a good idea the new logo didn't go down very well. It might have fared better if we went to the calligraphy one straight from Papyrus, but as things worked out we had the fan-ideal classic logo given, then yanked away two months later. It might be changed for MAGIC, it might be changed later than that, or it might not change at all.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
So THQ Nordic just purchased Koch Media, which includes Shenmue 3's publisher Deep Silver. I'm trying to fathom whether this is good news or not for the game.

Shenmue 3 published by THQ in 2018. If you were to tell me this ten years ago, I'd say you were suffering from a fever dream. Good news or ineffectual?

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Good news overall, I think. THQ Nordic has been on the up-and-up for a while, and are largely going to leave Koch/Deep Silver to continue doing what they're doing.

As some people pointed out in the main thread about the acquisition, Koch Media had debt problems that may or may not have worsened between now and Shenmue III's eventual release, and could have impacted how far Deep Silver could support the title. No idea if it was a dire problem, but given how low the sale price for Koch was, we should consider this a bullet dodged.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017

MAGIC's schedule has been published.

Yu Suzuki's panel will be at 10:40AM (CET), with an autograph signing session at 3PM (CET).

Shibuya Productions' Crazy Time panel (where some kind of Shenmue III premiere will take place) is at 5:10PM (CET).

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
MAGIC is rapidly approaching and I'm definitely hyped for it. Calling it now, what they'll show will be of equal or greater quality to the pre-MAGIC screens they released revealing the game is in a beyond solid state and is shaping up extremely well. Call me overly optimistic or hopeful, but I think we'll all be pleased and pleasantly surprised. MAGIC can't come soon enough.