• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I think you can stack up to 5 buffs and debuffs iirc. So yeah, spam Sukukaja and Sukunda.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a Matador thread almost brings a tear to my eye.

Don't feel bad, DJwest. Newbies losing to Matador is, as if you've seen, an a meme. If you learn from your experience fighting him, you'll be well prepared for the challenges ahead.

Oct 28, 2017
Matador memes are unironically my favorite thing about Nocturne. Of everything in that game that still resonates after playing it Matador is still the most memorable.

That fight is the ultimate test of whether or not the game is for you. He unequivocally beat my ass the first time around and then I aced him the second go around after re-evaluating my strategy. It left me with a level of satisfaction very few JRPGs give after a boss battle. Aesthetically it's a treat, all of the fiends are. From the music to their unique battle field and charismatic dialogue they're all fantastic.

Scythesurge

Oct 25, 2017
My advice for beginners is to almost always have Rakukaja available for bosses and utilize resistances/weaknesses. When fusing make sure to accept the skills you want, spending a little time to reroll can pay off in the long run. Noting some stuff down can be useful at times.

Matador is the first real test of the game so if you get a handle on that fight you'll be on your way.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, you should never have to grind in Nocturne. Usually, smart fusing and strategy should be enough to defeat most bosses in the main game.

Oct 26, 2017
Good old Matador.

That music when he shows up too. Damn.

Agility buffs. Agility down. Whatever force resist you can find. You'll get him.

Nocturne is not actually all that difficult once you get rolling, but buffs are important. Press turn can be infuriating with dragon eye and such, but choose str or mag and just pump it. 90% of my deaths were probably from me taking myself out from repels.

Oct 26, 2017
One of the best demons in the game is Daisoujou, I fusioned one for this fight and kept it in my team until the very last true boss. He is a pain to fusion, but it's worth it.
Pretty sure you have to fight daisoujou before you can fuse him and he is a later fiend. Daisoujou was my Matador, I raged so hard tackling him but it's true he is a great demon to keep for the rest of the game.

warheat

Oct 28, 2017
Persona 5 is one of the easiest if not the easiest Megaten title.

1. Use buffs, remember that unlike 'One More' mechanic in Persona, 'Press Turn' is all about getting as much turn as possible and avoid letting enemies do the same, so Sukukaja is objectively more important than Tarukaja/Rakukaja.
2. Get a demon with Void/Drain/Repel Force (Zan), you can equip Hifumi but it's kinda useless if one of your demon already Void/Drain/Repel Force, I personally prefer Kamudo to Hifumi due to Matador spamming Andalucia when he's low.
3. You can use MIN/MAX critical skill for easy win.

Unrelated to Matador but crucial information.
1. You can stack up to 4 buffs/debuffs.
2. Never let go of Pixie you got from beginning of the game, you can fuse her into new demon, but do not let this new demon go. Or you can play it safe and just keep the Pixie and don't let her go ever.

Obligatory

9NlDIRm.png

Last edited:

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure you have to fight daisoujou before you can fuse him and he is a later fiend. Daisoujou was my Matador, I raged so hard tackling him but it's true he is a great demon to keep for the rest of the game.
Ah, that's true, it's been a while since I've played the game. But I did have to fuse Daisoujou in order to defeat one the the fiends, must have been one of the riders.

Yeah, Daisoujou kicks ass. My final team for
Lucifer was Daisoujou, Black Frost and the uber Pixie you get endgame. Beat him.on the first try.

OP
OP
DJwest

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
I can see that the Matador fight is quite popular lol. I'll get back to it this weekend. Thanks for the help guys

BeatNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to SMT friend. There are times when even I wonder 'why do I like these games??' because goddamn they can really kick your ass and laugh at you while you're down.

Anyway, these fine folks have given you all the times I could have. So good luck, and happy god-slaying.

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it Matador?

Yes it is Matador.

That battle is just testing if you have Fog Breath.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, that's true, it's been a while since I've played the game. But I did have to fuse Daisoujou in order to defeat one the the fiends, must have been one of the riders.

Yeah, Daisoujou kicks ass. My final team for
Lucifer was Daisoujou, Black Frost and the uber Pixie you get endgame. Beat him.on the first try.

Daisoujou's flat out broken. That's one of my few problems with the Maniax edition of Nocturne (which is all NA got): The fiends and their fights are outrageously cool, but the main game was clearly not balanced for playing with them. A midgame demon should not be soloing fights and remaining a mainstay through endgame.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
SMT: N is the hardest turn base game I've ever played but it was extremely satisfying. Just keep at it!