chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Daaaamn time to rewatch about 5 times. That first scene on the rooftop was giving heavy Nocturne opening vibes

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
That was fucking hype!

Definitely going to watch again and look for things, but yeah. Holy shit.

Girl from the 2017 trailer is NOT gone. She's a major player in all this.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
BF3RXTz.png

what's her face from Redux is here

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn that was a good trailer!! Looks like they showed the cast that will no doubt represent the chaos/law routes if they are in the game. The guy talking about siding with Bethel and keeping peace in Tokyo might be this games version of Law

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
So I haven't played Nocturne, but it looks like from this trailer the world falls somewhere between that one and the one in IV in terms of overall "vibe". There's still people and organizations (Bethel Japan) in V so humanity hasn't been nearly completely wiped out but it seems so far like it's worse off than in IV at least.

Also tidbits:

Full-party-buff-everything skill, called Fairy's Banquet. I guess we'll eventually be getting those. Maybe Nahobino exclusive? But the animation seems more generic than his other exclusive skills.
Nahobino seems to have a lot of exclusive attacks with over-the-top animations (we see Murakumo and Divine Arrowfall here, both Almighty attacks)
Nahobino can split back into Aogami and Protagonist. Also, is he voiced or was that another character? I don't think it was hat guy or glasses guy who seem to be the other two most prominent male characters.
Main Girl character seems to be connected to Tentacle Face

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have so many questions lol but the fact this looks like going to have a proper cast (and hope you have companions like SMT IV) really change my expectatives of the game. Love the new areas shown too.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Man, that was really exciting to watch.

I know that the SMT games have loose connections at best, but... between the parallel to the Conception at the beginning of Nocturne and
someone who shares the same voice actor as Krishna in the Japanese version very specifically saying they aim to create a world ruled by the gods
It's hard not to speculate that there might be a bigger connection. We'll see.

I might be getting carried away but that deserted classroom with green lighting looked similar to the area in this trailer?

On a lighter note, I like the animation for Alice's Die for me! spell.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I think this did a good job of showing off that there will be a variety of environments and not just dusty Tokyo (or like Dusty Tokyo But Tinted Blue To Look Like Snow). We've seen a few bits and pieces of different locales in some of the Daily Demon videos, but this made me a little more optimistic

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Iunno, I've been relatively less hyped since the Direct trailer, and this kind of continued along that line.