• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Not feeling too hopeful at this point about the physical orders arriving by Friday.
Contact Amazon Customer service and see what they tell you. For me, they said ignore the email, it will be in on the guaranteed date. I'll hold them to it and if it's not here Friday, I'll definitely be telling them what I was told.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Contact Amazon Customer service and see what they tell you. For me, they said ignore the email, it will be in on the guaranteed date. I'll hold them to it and if it's not here Friday, I'll definitely be telling them what I was told.

Mine still doesn't have a date on the orders page, but what do you expect them to do for you if it doesn't arrive for you on the guaranteed date?

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Mine still doesn't have a date on the orders page, but what do you expect them to do for you if it doesn't arrive for you on the guaranteed date?
Give you Amazon credit. At the very least they'll toss you $10, but maybe they'll give you more since CS already said once when it would be there. Mine says "Arriving Friday" on the orders page. Yeah, might not be such a good sign for you if yours doesn't even say that.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
My order shipped and typically gets here in a day, so will probably have it tomorrow. From Big W in Australia.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Give you Amazon credit. At the very least they'll toss you $10, but maybe they'll give you more since CS already said once when it would be there. Mine says "Arriving Friday" on the orders page. Yeah, might not be such a good sign for you if yours doesn't even say that.

Same. Still no movement past that point though.

Sep 14, 2018
OT is up!

www.resetera.com

Shin Megami Tensei V |OT| Da'at Hair OT

Best viewed in Dark Mode Press Turn Battles are turn based using the series' Press Turn system. Strike enemy weaknesses and land critical hits to receive bonus actions, while having your attacks miss, absorbed, repelled or nullified will have the opposite effect. The same rules apply for...

It's almost game time!

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
You have to fight them before you can fuse them, and if it's anything like IV and IV:A they take a lot of prep to beat.

So the model is still shitty but it's more like, what if FromSoftware split up every individual segment of Artorias of the Abyss, cut out the areas, and made you pay for each boss separately before you can get their souls to make good equipment. Still a bad analogy but

The best comparison is probably what if Nocturne was released on a console when DLC exists and the Maniax additions didn't have to be a new game purchase.

Not exactly the same since we won't see a new ending with the DLC, and I have no idea if there's a dungeon tied to it, but either way it's not that far off from what Atlus has done for ages now, for better or worse.

I'll wait and see how the fights turn out, but I have no interest in the dlc at the moment.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
The best comparison is probably what if Nocturne was released on a console when DLC exists and the Maniax additions didn't have to be a new game purchase.

Not exactly the same since we won't see a new ending with the DLC, and I have no idea if there's a dungeon tied to it, but either way it's not that far off from what Atlus has done for ages now, for better or worse.

I'll wait and see how the fights turn out, but I have no interest in the dlc at the moment.
Thing is, if the game is a success they'll do DLC and then still do a rerelease with more content (and more DLC) later. P5R was scummy as hell.

Jun 24, 2019
Thing is, if the game is a success they'll do DLC and then still do a rerelease with more content (and more DLC) later. P5R was scummy as hell.

I prefer expansion DLCs but if that's how they rock their boat, so be it

What I like to see from a V rerelease:

- more areas to explore, not just one final segment
- two new dungeons that will completely fuck us
- another protagonist superboss that will completely fuck us
- new demons eg. Balarama, Mwindo, Tomoe Gozen, redesign of Apollo, Scylla & Charybdis...
- returning demons eg. Ashtar, Tzaphkiel, Tamamo, Krishna, Cailleach Bheare, Lugh...
- Bayonetta DLC

Jun 24, 2019

translations of Doi talking about fire chicken

upd: One. I love this design and its commentary, Two. I agree, the team who did the demon animations and 3D modelling did an outstanding job!!

Last edited:

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
You have to fight them before you can fuse them, and if it's anything like IV and IV:A they take a lot of prep to beat.

So the model is still shitty but it's more like, what if FromSoftware split up every individual segment of Artorias of the Abyss, cut out the areas, and made you pay for each boss separately before you can get their souls to make good equipment. Still a bad analogy but

It's more like if game freak made you pay for event based items to unlock content to catch a legendary.

... that still does sound really scummy.

I mean, if its a beefy DLC, but even then im not happy with on release DLC single player content...
feels as if FF started to sell Superbosses and the rewards for them as DLC. Those where a huge
part of the late game of JRPGs.
Wont push me from the game, but its ...hach...

why not just create a substantial DLC and sell that, instead of bite sized quests. (substantial = 5-15 hours)
Gall it SMT5: gaiden and have a side storry.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
feels as if FF started to sell Superbosses and the rewards for them as DLC. Those where a huge
part of the late game of JRPGs.
Wont push me from the game, but its ...hach...
That's more or less what they did with Kingdom Hearts 3, though that at least came with a little two hour story thing too.
Easy comparison too since KH also used to do the re-release with more content on PS2.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Almost completely screwed up.
I forgot to update my card info on amazon. Amazon quickly told me that they tried to charge it and I needed to update my information so they can ship my premium edition. Probably could've gotten it early or would've certainly got it Friday no question.

Thankfully the amazon customer service said that everything is good, especially since I updated the info immediately.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to somehow preemptively block Youtube from sending me any SMTV videos. I'm pretty sure all I did was tell them I super wanted a whole bunch of them and then the second video searching Shin Megami Tensei V is one of the boss fights.

So, this'll be fun, I guess. Is there any way to just go "hey don't send me any videos on this one game"?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to somehow preemptively block Youtube from sending me any SMTV videos. I'm pretty sure all I did was tell them I super wanted a whole bunch of them and then the second video searching Shin Megami Tensei V is one of the boss fights.

So, this'll be fun, I guess. Is there any way to just go "hey don't send me any videos on this one game"?

BlockTube is your friend

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I honestly never know how to handle handheld impressions, but as long as it's not a Xenoblade 2 or YSVIII/IX level of mess, it's all good, I consider it acceptable as long as it runs like, for instance, Xenoblade DE. No way I'm playing this docked or in any other way, jrpgs give their best on portable consoles.
It's sad tho that exclusive stuff is not well optimized, things like Atelier Ryza are perfect and gorgeous on Switch screen

edit since the ost leaked, I'd love to hear a full on version of the level up theme, but I don't want to risk my spoiler free status

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
I honestly never know how to handle handheld impressions, but as long as it's not a Xenoblade 2 or YSVIII/IX level of mess, it's all good, I consider it acceptable as long as it runs like, for instance, Xenoblade DE. No way I'm playing this docked or in any other way, jrpgs give their best on portable consoles.
It's sad tho that exclusive stuff is not well optimized, things like Atelier Ryza are perfect and gorgeous on Switch screen

edit since the ost leaked, I'd love to hear a full on version of the level up theme, but I don't want to risk my spoiler free status
My usual take with jrpgs is, Story parts -> docked, general gameplay, leveling, dungeons -> portable.

Jun 24, 2019

FD1_w-UXEAMgWDK

DOI'S PROMO-ART GAME IS 🔥

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
So I contacted Amazon and they just straight up told me the steelbook is out of stock and they have no idea when it's going to be restocked (probably never?). Long story short, I thought I ordered the premium edition months ago but couldn't find an order proof, and I just ordered the steelbook last week. I guess I'm going to go digital.

Jun 24, 2019
www.resetera.com

Shin Megami Tensei V |OT| Da'at Hair OT

Best viewed in Dark Mode Press Turn Battles are turn based using the series' Press Turn system. Strike enemy weaknesses and land critical hits to receive bonus actions, while having your attacks miss, absorbed, repelled or nullified will have the opposite effect. The same rules apply for...

Here's the main SMT V OT guys, created by SubvertedTrope

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
yeah my youtube recommendations already spoiled me for something that happens later on .___.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah my youtube recommendations already spoiled me for something that happens later on .___.
This is why I invested in BlockTube.

I had a boss fight spoiled, an early one I already figured, really, so I've shut down anything that could ruin it.

Now I just have to resist the temptation of going to TVTropes' article about it because I wanted to look up the funny "Persona without the heart" meme and it's filled with the most barely there spoiler tags possible along the lines of "lol don't get too attached to this guy lmao"

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I invested in BlockTube.

I had a boss fight spoiled, an early one I already figured, really, so I've shut down anything that could ruin it.

Now I just have to resist the temptation of going to TVTropes' article about it because I wanted to look up the funny "Persona without the heart" meme and it's filled with the most barely there spoiler tags possible along the lines of "lol don't get too attached to this guy lmao"
I'm gonna have to check that out. Thankfully the thumbnail I saw wasn't anything too surprising but I'm trying to remain PURE

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna have to check that out. Thankfully the thumbnail I saw wasn't anything too surprising but I'm trying to remain PURE
Haha, same. A spoiler I saw did that to me, going all "noooo I have destroyed the sanctity of Shin Megami Tensei V's story! I must atone with blood!"

Then it turns out it was from like maybe eight hours in and wasn't even a real plot development.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I might have to unsubscribe from Atlus' Japanese channel for a bit until I finish the game. Fortunately the silhouette for the next one is one I already knew of (and have come to in the game), but I hope they don't spoil more after that.