• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping to see this come over on PS3 and it never did, time to repeat that process with this one too I guess.

OP
OP
Valcrist

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
At least with the PS4 it might be marginally more likely given the popularity of the platform.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
Valcrist

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Its insulting that this is using The Shining name
large_zc5y5OwKSV9MDXpfWxwrOjyRHsq.jpg

Parakeetman

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, it's good? I had been under the impression that it was generally regarded as pretty mediocre.

I wouldnt call it really "good" but its not toss in the garbage bad either.

Was just ok. Honestly I had lost interest in it fairly fast though.

Only real reason for buying it was due to Kayano Ai being the VA of Rinna Mayfield lol.

Not sure why they are wasting resources on the series at this point in time. Unless like they really are hoping that it gets picked up for a Western release due to never having came out on the PS3.

Even then though, its going to show as being fairly dated due to being a PS3 game. But guess they are hoping the Western JRPG market will still buy the game regardless.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I have a friend who will love this, she's obsessed with Tony Taka's sameface art. Don't ask me why. She buys all the figures, artbooks, and games and she's always sending me pics through LINE but damn, I always tell her the sameface aspect weirds me out haha.

ShinkuTachi

Oct 29, 2017
Truths. I sent Sega a tweet about it, though I doubt it will be read. But... might as well try, right? Not trying leads to not having, probably.

I do hope it ends up coming West, I'd buy it a 3rd time if it did. I'd say pound away at both SEGA's and Atlus USA's twitter about it. I remember when everything settled after the Atlus acquisition SEGA said they would probably have Atlus USA localize some things for them. So that is definitely worth a shot.

OP
OP
Valcrist

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I do hope it ends up coming West, I'd buy it a 3rd time if it did. I'd say pound away at both SEGA's and Atlus USA's twitter about it. I remember when everything settled after the Atlus acquisition SEGA said they would probably have Atlus USA localize some things for them. So that is definitely worth a shot.
Atlus added to list of spamming targets.

ranmafan

Oct 27, 2017
I just got this game used like a month or so ago for just a few hundred yen. Hadn't started it yet. I wonder should I wait and get this or just play what I have now?

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
I got this game tho because it seems like tales combat.

Here's hoping for state side localisation.

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
This was the game that Tony Taka mentioned months ago? I didn't finish the PS3 version because the story was bad for me and I couldn't stand some of the characters. Gameplay wasn't that good either and I remember that you had to buy paid DLC to retry a battle, which was ridiculous.
I would have preferred a new game with a new illustrator instead.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Please Sega, do the right thing and release it here in NA this time. :(

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh shit.

Please make it to the West this time.

(I mean I could play the PS3 import I own, but I'll at least wait for the import of this now)

Parakeetman

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the entire point of this remaster is for Atlus to release it in the US.

Yeah would agree there.

As mentioned earlier Id pretty much say that is the point as with how sales of games in general in Japan for things that are not big IPs are fairly abysmal most def they would be targeting the West. Looks to be the current MO of some JP companies with their PS4 "remasters".

Ravidrath

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Anxiously awaiting the announcement of that Tales of Vesperia PS4 Remaster then.

Please, let it happen.

Possibly my most-wanted thing, haha.

I really expected that to be announced at the Tales of Festival this year. I dunno, maybe Tales is in complete disarray because of Baba's departure.

There's also a lot of Japanese deference given to the original creator, so it's entirely possible it may not happen because Baba isn't there / they're too afraid / too proud to ask him if he'd be OK with them making an HD remaster.

Parakeetman

Oct 25, 2017
what's the best taka shining game? i thought they made a good one or two.

Dont really think there was a "best" one. What I considered "interesting" so to speak was the one that used a gameplay system similar to Valkyria Chronicles on the PSP. They had 2 games in that series I think. No idea if they ever made it to the West.

Game was ok, though did not play till completion.

Just grabbed whatever popped up first on YT.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC this game also uses the same engine as Valkyrie Revolution.

In terms of graphical capabilities, I always wanted the later PS3 Tales games to look and run more like Shining Resonance

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
why is tony taka so popular. his artistry is not out of the ordinary or anything, and the sameface factor has always been very scary

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Possibly my most-wanted thing, haha.

I really expected that to be announced at the Tales of Festival this year. I dunno, maybe Tales is in complete disarray because of Baba's departure.

There's also a lot of Japanese deference given to the original creator, so it's entirely possible it may not happen because Baba isn't there / they're too afraid / too proud to ask him if he'd be OK with them making an HD remaster.
Berseria was their best game in ages, and iirc, he had next to no involvement with that, so I don't think that's the situation.