• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2018/04/shining-resonance-refrain-launches-july-10-in-the-americas-and-europe

Shining Resonance Refrain will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on July 10 in the Americas and Europe, Sega announced.

As previously announced, launch edition copies will be the "Draconic Launch Edition," which includes a collectible metal slipcase featuring character artwork of Excella, Sonia, and Kirika.

Great time for PS4/Xbox One/PC owners who plan on getting the game. Kind of rough for the Switch though given this launches within the same three weeks Crash Bandicoot, Ys 8, Mario Tennis Aces, Project Octopath, and Captain Toad launch.

Going to need to see some Switch gameplay before I make a final decision.

New trailer showcasing the main cast too:

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
Dang, the amount of games I'm getting on Switch between the last two weeks of June and first two weeks of July have almost tripled in the past week.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be all over this if it had local co-op. I'll still likely grab it down the line without though.

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely want on Switch. Sega have been killing it with JRPG support on Switch:

Shining Resonance: Refrain
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Valkyria Chronicles for Nintendo Switch
Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud

I wouldn't be surprised if Resonance of Fate and Phantasy Star Nova remasters are in the cards for all systems including Switch down the road. Hopefully.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely want on Switch. Sega have been killing it with JRPG support on Switch:

Shining Resonance: Refrain
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Valkyria Chronicles for Nintendo Switch
Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud

I wouldn't be surprised if Resonance of Fate and Phantasy Star Nova remasters are in the cards for all systems including Switch down the road. Hopefully.

Unfortunately I feel like Nova has less of a chance given we already got Online 2 and that's basically what Nova is (but offline).

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Simultaneous release on PC and consoles is pretty much a first for Sega, but the title doesn't really inspire. Still, if it's cheap...

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Imported the base ps3 game a while back, partly thanks to all the advertising in PSO2. Had a decent amount of fun with it, for what it's worth. Pretty standard jrpg.

Oct 29, 2017
Paris
Wayuu SEGA AGES line low budget effort with cheap art in 2018... for the PS2, right SEGA? And people claiming all other the internet, they have to move from the Genesis area!

This need to have a really solid story and gameplay but to be honest, it wont exclatly be the very 1st time SEGA disappointed fans of the original 16 bits games with a Shinning entry.

Wait & see.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The PSP games had some VC-esque combat that resembles fun at times, now Sega make it lame ARPG. Why Sega?

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I thought this date was known for some time. It's been listed as July 10th on Steam since the store page went up at the very least IIRC.

Three days before Octopath Traveler. Oh SEGA.

Not really sure why it's an oh SEGA moment since Octopath is a Switch exclusive. If Octopath was releasing on everything then this release date for Shining would definitely be a headscratcher since it's bound to do numbers but as it is now they've hit a pretty good spot for Shining's release over the majority of platforms.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh look! Its an animu girl ready for battle wearing a dress complete with boob window and showing upper thigh. Jesus Christ....

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It seems like a cool game, and I'm always up for RPGs on portables. It's just too bad that June and July are packed the console as-is. I won't be able to pick it up at launch, but maybe the month after.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah this looses out to sushi Strikers, octopath, and possibly Mario tennis and Ys 8 for me. Especially if Sega Ages happens in that window, way to much dropping for me

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Never even heard of this I don't think. I'll get it on Xbox to show some JRPG love if it's good. :D

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Well, I was mildly interested but with it being so damn close to stuff like Octopath Traveler and Ys VIII, there's no way I'll get this before the year's end - if at all by that point.

Don't know if Sega thinks that this time frame is a good idea?! Maybe more so for XB1 and PS4.

Matthaeus

Feb 24, 2018
It does not look great to me, hopefully SEGA streams it again before release so I can see more of its gameplay.

Oct 26, 2017
This game is really subpar in every aspect other than the music, and I'm someone who doesn't mind Tonyface. I would recommend skipping it.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To people saying skip this: this was developed by Media Vision, makers of Wild Arms and Digimon Cyber Slueth.