• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Impeach the unqualified white supremacist, Donald John Trump, again?

• American - Yes

Votes: 559 51.8%
  • American - No

Votes: 88 8.2%
  • non-American - Yes

Votes: 403 37.3%
  • non-American - No

Votes: 29 2.7%

• Total voters

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
The motherfucker should be impeached every single fucking day until it works and then stolen of all possessions and left on the street to fend for himself

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Ideally, yes. But at this point, we have to just hope he loses in November. And if he wins, we have to hope that Dems get a Senate majority, so we can actually impeach and remove him then.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
No.

These are extraordinary times and playing by the rulebook doesn't work. We impeached him once and it failed because the system of checks and balances in this country has been obliterated by the Republican party. Trump could rape a baby on national television and the Republican senate would acquit him. They're in on it.

All we can do is vote him out in November (and hope the Democrats have the ball to deal with him afterwards), or hope he dies of a fucking heart attack before then.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He should have had it many times over already, but the way things are now it's better to support the dem nominee and vote his ass out. Then throw the books at him and start criminal investigations.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
It's kind of interesting reading the replies so far as compared to the actual poll results.

I voted no. Does he deserve it again? Absolutely. But, he's hanging himself right now. Just let the focus stay on him doing that and get everyone you know to vote Republicans out in November. We're almost there.

Last edited:

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
Non-American here.

From an outsiders opinion. 4 years ago, America seemed like it was on an amazing upward trajectory. Sure it still has lots of problems, and every country does, but the economy was going well, jobs were on the way up, there was relative peace etc etc

Trump helped fuel the economy by deregulating everything (short term gain, long term pain), jobs went up, economy went up.

Then covid happened. Then George Floyd was killed.

Now people are dying from illness. The country is on fire. People are pissed off (rightfully so, for all kinds of reasons). The economy is in the shitter as is employment (just like every country).

Everything Trump touted as a victory is gone. He isn't enough of a leader to get anything under control. Dont waste your time on kicking him out of office. You are months away from elections. Focus on the fact that everything he has trumpeted as being "his victory" is in the shitter. Get people voting. Get him out.

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, who are the scumbags who've voted "No"?
The people who actually have a grip on reality and realize trying to push through an impeachment months before an election, when it didn't work the first time, when it won't work this time because the same people are in Congress as the first time, is a nonsensical complete waste of time for everyone involved

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019

American, voted no.

There's no point, the Senate won't remove him no matter what he does. There's no reason to be burning up political capital and firing up Trump's wingnut base for no gain. I understand that it's the right thing to do from a morals standpoint, but the only way anything will ever change is to vote him out come November.

The best thing we can do right now is to be getting out the vote. Every potential Democrat vote and PoC in a swing state needs to be registered to vote. Let Trump keep digging his own grave. The worse this situation gets, the more likely his supporters stay home.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
we already did. i rather we attack him for his shitty ass job handling the pandemic until the election. don't want to give him anything that is gonna distract from that.

i also voted no for this reason.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
American, voted no.

There's no point, the Senate won't remove him no matter what he does. There's no reason to be burning up political capital and firing up Trump's wingnut base for no gain. I understand that it's the right thing to do from a morals standpoint, but the only way anything will ever change is to vote him out come November.

The best thing we can do right now is to be getting out the vote. Every potential Democrat vote and PoC in a swing state needs to be registered to vote. Let Trump keep digging his own grave. The worse this situation gets, the more likely his supporters stay home.
I may not agree with it, but I respect that you at least provided an answer when so many of the "no" voters seemingly vanished from this thread without so much as a word.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
They're taking the question as one of realistic political strategy to remove him, not one of what should happen in terms of ethics and justice. When it comes to actualy removing him, the reality is that he's bulletproof, at least until the elections.

Oct 27, 2017
I may not agree with it, but I respect that you at least provided an answer when so many of the "no" voters seemingly vanished from this thread without so much as a word.
Sorry, but this is pure nonsense
The GOP will never remove him. Stop dreaming.
What's the definition of insanity again?
The GOP Senate doesn't care.
Sure but it doesn't materially change the situation. He's already impeached.
Let's not waste time and energy on this again.
Impeachment won't work. If you want to remove him, the legislative way isn't it.
Should we? Yes. Will it ever happen? No. Just a dream in a bucket.
We already did. The outcome wouldn't change

And that's just out of the first few posts on the first page

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but this is pure nonsense

And that's just out of the first few posts on the first page
Good on them for the one line responses, some of which were memes (insanity) or didn't actually give a reason outside of "we did." Sorry that it's not clear I was talking about a lengthy reply with additional details. I guess next time I'll also be super explicitly clear for your sake.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
We did that already. It would be a giant waste of time this close to an election.

Voting him out is how we get rid of him.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Non American and I voted no. Not because he doesn't deserve it but because it would serve as another distraction when there's a lot of other shit that needs sorting out.
He won't be removed and it'd just rule up his base even more.
The first time should realistically have stuck but it didn't and I'm not sure what another attempt would do.

Again though I'm not American so maybe I'm missing something.

Oct 27, 2017
Good on them for the one line responses. Sorry that it's not clear I was talking about a lengthy reply with additional details. I guess next time I'll also be super explicitly clear for your sake.
If you're from outside the US, and/or don't understand our political system, I can understand them seemingly lacking in detail, but if you are familiar with it, those one line responses are exceedingly clear as to why another impeachment wouldn't make sense.

Nothing has changed since last time so nothing will change with the outcome.

I think this thread is basically split with people who interpreted the OP as "Is Donald Trump deserving of impeachment?" vs those who thought of it as "Should Congress actually go through another impeachment?"

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
If you're from outside the US, and/or don't understand our political system, I can understand them seemingly lacking in detail, but if you are familiar with it, those one line responses are exceedingly clear as to why another impeachment wouldn't make sense.

Nothing has changed since last time so nothing will change with the outcome.

I think this thread is basically split with people who interpreted the OP as "Is Donald Trump deserving of impeachment?" vs those who thought of it as "Should Congress actually go through another impeachment?"
Jesus, all I did was thank the poster for his detailed response in a sea of throwaways and one-offs. I'm from the States. I get it. I know it's futile. I was just appreciative of his response.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
The-Celebrity-Apprentice-2015-Spoilers-Season-14-Cast-460x259.jpg

Impeachment Sundays.

Every week until he's out.

Same time every week as Apprentice, so we all have something to look forward to.

Also, the NO voters -- if you could just go ahead and publicly identify yourselves now so you can go directly on my ignore list, that'd be great. Thanks.

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
Yes but he won't be removed. There no easy path, we gotta vote.

We're lucky that Republicans aren't using the riot to drum up fear like they are with China

Oct 25, 2017
Again? Sure, why the fuck not.

We won't though because he's down like eight to Biden nationally and in the process of fucking up, well, EVERYTHING.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
It's kind of interesting reading the replies so far as compared to the actual poll results.

I voted no. Does he deserve it again? Absolutely. But, he's hanging himself right now. Just let the focus stay on him doing that and get everyone you know to vote Republicans out in November. We're almost there.
Im not an American. I have been part of a "failed state" in Europe. I have seen institutions and democracy Fall overnight just like it's nothing, a fucking joke.

I feel he will do anything and I mean anything to stay in power.

What's plan b if "just vote" doesn't pan out or even happen at all?

Feels like Americans are so complacent and believe in the institutions that they simply do not believe any fuckery could happen in November or before to stop november.

But Trump has been playing the fascist playbook so good so far, what are the odds he goes without a fight and I mean a fight that is not won via voting.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is not getting him impeached. Clearly, the House will vote for that. Indicting is what's impossible.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
it wouldnt do anything, we already know all republican politicians are actively against the citizens of this country, if anyone is voting them back in its because they do not care

so really i guess what im saying is that nothing that the government proposes will matter much until the government changes, either via the election or via force

and then if the government does change and there isnt sweeping federal voting reforms that make it easy for everyone to vote in every election, and to curb the rampant corruption keeping these people in power, we'll be doing this whole thing again and again for the rest of time

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
It'd be a waste of time. We have to focus our efforts on electing left and left leaning candidates to local offices and congress. They're going to need airtime that isn't taken up by Trump Trial 2: Electric Boogaloo.

The Republicans are just going to acquit him in the senate anyway.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Waste of energy. Get people to vote that the only way he's getting out of the white house.

I would argue it is not a waste of energy. Republicans tried to repeal Obamacare over and over many times despite not having the numbers to overcome Obama's veto. They were sending a message to rally their base.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I mean sure, if Democrats want to do it I'll support it, but no one should pretend it would end any differently.

There is exactly one way to stop Trump from continuing to be president. Vote for Biden. It feels like for the last three and a half years there have been people looking for so many outs because they simply can't bring themselves to do the easiest and most effective thing for utterly asinine reasons. Just as they often refused to vote for Clinton.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Trump should be impeached AND removed, but seeing how it went last year, doing it all again now would just end up with the same result.

Mar 18, 2020
I'd say no but only because 1) they already did and then did fuck all to finish the job and 2) the time and energy of competent government is needed elsewhere right now.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck the system, the system doesn't work. I'm sick of pretending that we can rely on it because we live in sane times. Ill vote but you don't dare tell me i'm making a difference or some shit. The difference is being made by the people risking their lives for change.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
The Senate won't remove him, no matter what.

He needs to be voted out. Along with as many Republicans as possible, especially in the Senate this November.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
Im not an American. I have been part of a "failed state" in Europe. I have seen institutions and democracy Fall overnight just like it's nothing, a fucking joke.

I feel he will do anything and I mean anything to stay in power.

What's plan b if "just vote" doesn't pan out or even happen at all?

Feels like Americans are so complacent and believe in the institutions that they simply do not believe any fuckery could happen in November or before to stop november.

But Trump has been playing the fascist playbook so good so far, what are the odds he goes without a fight and I mean a fight that is not won via voting.

Yes, Trump is absolutely the type to try some shit if he loses, but it's a bit more complicated than it appears. Even American citizens miss the overwhelming people in government that put the constitution well above political affiliation. I know it does sound implausible given the times we live in, but it's true. Trump is simply not as popular as he appears.

We are a complacent people, yes, but only to a point and we actually have safeguards in place to prevent it. The other thing going for us is that Trump is actually not smart enough to navigate those safeguards.

Trump's threat is more the beginning rather than the end. That the "normal" he has created could eventually lead to worse. Which is why everyone must vote him out and stop the bleeding. What matters here is saying very loudly "NO!", by winning big in November.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
(Non-American, but U.S. permanent resident) Naturally I think he should have been impeached and removed from office a dozen times over at this point. But he's already been impeached, and we have ample evidence that the Republican-controlled senate will not convict under any circumstances. Given that and the proximity to the next election, it makes sense to focus on the election.

It would probably take Mitch McConnell deciding his party would be better off in the election dumping Trump now rather than keeping him, and reaching out to Nancy Pelosi to coordinate the removal to bring it into the realm of possibility. But that would just encourage the Dems to go all-in on the election regardless.

thomas_cale

May 22, 2020
Yes, obviously he should be impeached, but thats not gonna happen

Best chance is for people to vote and remove him this way

Oct 25, 2017
Non American. No. Why? It won't do anything. You guys already tried and it did sweet fuck all. Vote in November. But 30+% of you likely won't, even knowing the stakes.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
I would welcome it, however, I feel like Dems need to put their energy behind getting this monster out of office by his not getting re-elected.