• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The old MMO game Dragon Ball Online has this to say about the year 801

• Goku disappears.
    • Realizing his death is imminent, Goku, who wanted to settle their rivalry, left the Earth with Vegeta. Years later, a supernova explosion was detected; perhaps caused by Goku and Vegeta's battle.

Honestly, in many ways, that's the perfect ending to their story. I don't think they'll do it for a long time, but this would be perfect as the send off.

But should they do it? Would such a thing live up to expectations?

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Only if it's a literal Rocky III Freeze frame ending.

"Ding, ding. Hey Vegeta...just realized I technically never beat you. Like, technically."
"YEAH WELL, you never will."
"Heh."
"Heh'."
*both go for a punch, freeze frame, series ends*

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball Online isn't canon, and it's very unlikely that post-DBS Vegeta would care that much about fighting a dying Goku.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
No. I don't even think a final battle is really necessary. The characters have grown past that.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
No. Dragon Ball Online had good ideas but pretty much everything about how they handled post-Z Goku and Vegeta was dumb.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goku and Vegeta barely even see each other as rivals nowadays, though. They're more sparring partners than anything else, and Goku would much rather fight new guys (Hit, Jiren, Broly) than Geets.
That's kind of how I see it tbh. Just one last spar between friends. It'd be a better ending than another new stronger bad guy showing up.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
final battle? please, these two will keep having fights in the eldery home

Bob_Coffee

Oct 25, 2017
at this point goku and geets are basicly sparing partners and friends to a degree, so i would say goku and geets are more intrested in punching more powerful guys and getting stronger.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
The best thing about Vegeta's arc is him moving past his need to surpass Goku.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Goku dies, DB is over. The whole point of the show is to see how strong he can get.

But if he does die (for good), it should be Vegeta that kills him.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Their animosity officially was resolved in the last arc of Z.

They are kept near the same power level for story purposes now but Vegeta doesn't view Goku as his goal - Whis and Beerus are.

Vegeta even mentions in the new Broly film that his biggest immediate priority is staying ahead of the resurrected Frieza who is a constant threat to earth.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

They are kept near the same power level for story purposes now but Vegeta doesn't view Goku as his goal - Whis and Beerus are.
Correct, and the ever-looming reveal that Beerus had a role in Planet Vegeta's destruction will probably be a source for conflict between them eventually.

Nov 1, 2017
I doubt it will happen, it might have had a chance to happen once when Gohan was suppose to be the new lead but since they went back on that, no, we won't see it.

Happened in games, sure, but that's it's own thing.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
No, that's dumb. You'd think that they'd just go to the dragon and wish for more youth than do that.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, establishing a 'winner' would undermine what's great about those two character's relationship
Goku and Vegeta barely even see each other as rivals nowadays, though. They're more sparring partners than anything else, and Goku would much rather fight new guys (Hit, Jiren, Broly) than Geets.
Vegeta tells Frieza that his rivalry with Goku is important to him because it keeps Vegeta moving forward during Resurrection of F. I don't know if Goku reciprocates the feeling but I feel like that's the whole basis behind Goku considering Vegeta a friend.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Vegeta tells Frieza that his rivalry with Goku is important to him because it keeps Vegeta moving forward during Resurrection of F. I don't know if Goku reciprocates the feeling but I feel like that's the whole basis behind Goku considering Vegeta a friend.

Yeah, that was basically two seasons ago. By the end of the Tournament of Power it feels like they're moving past the old rivalry.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017

Vegeta even mentions in the new Broly film that his biggest immediate priority is staying ahead of the resurrected Frieza who is a constant threat to earth.
Correct!

And unless Vegeta gets UI... the fight ain't gonna last long once it gets to that point.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like another dumb fan pandering wet dream.

It's already bad enough that DB had to be brought back from the grave after ending pretty conclusively in 1995, but seemingly now it also has to please every fan desire as well. Just NO! This is the exact same mentality that lead Freeza to keep coming back again and again, diminishing his character every single time. I'm sick and tired of DB being creatively bankrupt. If it has to keep going (It doesn't) can it at-least be a little bit creative and not end in the most tripe way imaginable?

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

It's already bad enough that DB had to be brought back from the grave after ending pretty conclusively in 1995, but seemingly now it also has to please every fan desire as well. Just NO! This is the exact same mentality that lead Freeza to keep coming back again and again, diminishing his character every single time. I'm sick and tired of DB being creatively bankrupt. If it has to keep going (It doesn't) can it at-least be a little bit creative and not end in the most tripe way imaginable?
TBH, Freiza's return was handled very well for the Tournament of Power.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see any reason why not

Neither of them have to die, might as well just have the final fight be the Scryed final battle; just have one good ass fight that is supposed to settle things (it really doesn't, but it's still one good ass fight that they know they won't be able to top)

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Frieza's return has lead to some of the greatest Dragonball moments though

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
they will never have a final battle

dragon ball will never end and goku/vegeta will not age

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
You mean

gokuvsmaji_q1hd8cuj.jpg

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
That shit was settled years ago. Vegeta even had a 5 minute speech congratulating Goku. I don't know why a random factoid from an MMO that probably isn't canon and won't be referenced elsewhere would change that.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Only if its 5+ episodes, but yes.

Fuck yes, actually. DB can't end without this quintessential final battle.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Vegeta isn't even Goku's rival anymore.
There's Hit, Kefla, Jiren, Broly.

Vegeta can't cut it these days.

Deleted member 227

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That shit was settled years ago. Vegeta even had a 5 minute speech congratulating Goku. I don't know why a random factoid from an MMO that probably isn't canon and won't be referenced elsewhere would change that.

DB Online isn't just "a MMO" though, Toriyama was supervising the story/world building even down to the smallest details in the game.

Is it canon now that Super is continuing the main franchise? Nah, but that doesn't mean all the ideas are gone. Even Xenoverse still lifts ideas from it to this day.

Last edited:

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
It will never happen. Vegeta is a good dad and will be there for Trunks, he values his family more than winning over Goku. Goku I could totally see fucking off to space and killing himself over a dumb rivalry

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nothing post-Cell is resonating with me at all. :(

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are Goku and Vegeta even rivals like that anymore, they are more like homies than anything.