Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
All I want to say about the whole Shuhei thing is to "calibrate" your assumptions. The notion that Shuhei must naturally be aware of the politics and nature of Bolsonaro because he's a senior global executive is a narrow perspective and ultimately, your projected echo chamber. I'm pretty confident Shu doesn't even know everything about the global video gaming scene. People have blindspots, limited capacities, and when you're someone at that level, there are things that you only have cursory knowledge because there are too many things to digest.

E.g. I work as a senior executive for a whole region of 5 countries, and I'm only deeply knowledgeable on the politics for 3 countries. You can call that incompetence if you want, but politics isn't part of my job and I'm too busy with other stuff.

The best thing you could do is immediately reach out to Shuhei and call attention to him that what he was doing paints a very poor light and explain the rationale/reason behind it - and it's good that he listened and undid it.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
The latest Yoshida's retweet

source.gif

As a brazilian... yikes.

Maybe it's nothing for people from other countries, but here he's one of the reasons women and minorities are living a nightmare.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
With all the potential Sony news next week, I forgot that EVO is coming up as well. Although whatever Sony is planning on announcing there will likely happen next Sunday during the finals.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
And btw. the retweet is gone.

I'm glad, he probably didn't knew him.

Full August PlayStation Now line-ups:
US: https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...s-now-in-august-fallout-4-doom-tekken-7-more/
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow (PS3)
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3)
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate (PS3)
  • Doom (PS4)
  • Fallout 4 (PS4)
  • Monster Energy Supercross (PS4)
  • MotoGP 17 (PS4)
  • Tekken 7 (PS4)
  • The Raven: Remastered (PS4)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)
Europe: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...e-playstation-nows-august-update/#sf216489532
  • DOOM (PS4)
  • Fallout 4 (PS4)
  • Monster Energy Supercross (PS4)
  • MotoGP 17 (PS4)
  • The Raven: Remastered (PS4)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD (PS3)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3)
  • Brut@l

That's... surprisingly great. Maybe they are finally going all in PS Now. But the lack of first party is still weird.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
So do you think a grown ass adult man like Shu doesn't know who Bolsonaro is?

What's next, he doesn't know who Trump is? the Pope?

And before anyone jumps with the usual "Era bad" hyperbole I don't think Shu agrees with Bolsonaro politics, but I also don't think he's ignorant about who he is, Shu probably doesn't really care because retweeting a famous person using your products is more important.

I know shitloads of 'grown ass men', and women, who have no clue who he is. Our press ignores him because the Tory party loves him.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the UK and despite the BS that's going on here politically, a recent survey revealed that relatively few people knew who Boris Johnson was. And that "person" is our next PM. Personally, I doubt that Yoshida knew who the rhetoric and policies surrounding the Brazilian PM. His views on the LGBT alone goes against everything Shu promotes via PS.

The fact that he deleted it once made aware is enough for me.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
People talking like Shu knows 1% of shit that Bolso says. He just RT a famous person having fun with PSVR.

Ignorance isn't really an acceptable excuse for someone in his position.

It's not a good look, but he ultimately sees this as a net positive for the PS brand, whatever our feelings may be about the retweet.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the UK and despite the BS that's going on here politically, a recent survey revealed that relatively few people knew who Boris Johnson was. And that "person" is our next PM. Personally, I doubt that Yoshida knew who the rhetoric and policies surrounding the Brazilian PM. His views on the LGBT alone goes against everything Shu promotes via PS.

The fact that he deleted it once made aware is enough for me.

What survey? Can you link it?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
If he was a president or MP then yes, but he's the head of a video game company. Being in the know of the political views of every president isn't expected from him because it's not his job.
Don't you know? Video games is serious business.

Ignorance isn't really an acceptable excuse for someone in his position.

It's not a good look, but he ultimately sees this as a net positive for the PS brand, whatever our feelings may be about the retweet.
What position? Head of First Party studios at playstation?
Is a requirement to know every single country leader?
he didn't knew about him (like every single one of us do not know of every single country leader out there) and when it was pointed out who was he, he deleted it. It happens.

But you should definitely make a thread about it.

WT1998

May 1, 2019
Can we please keep politics out of this? Especially when it has nothing to do with Sony or its games. Boris can believe in what he thinks. Its his views, no one is forcing you to have the same thoughts.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
If he was a president or MP then yes, but he's the head of a video game company. Being in the know of the political views of every president isn't expected from him because it's not his job.

Again, this comes down to what he thought was best for the brand and so he chose to retweet a world leader. I believe it was an error of judgement (one he has since corrected by deleting the retweet, which in itself shows he knows it was a poor decision) and it's case closed. It's not a world changing event or something to start a campaign over, I thought he would know better, turns out he is ignorant of certain world leaders and their horrible views and that's cool. We all have our blindspots.

Don't you know? Video games is serious business.

What position? Head of First Party studios at playstation?
Is a requirement to know every single country leader?
he didn't knew about him (like every single one of us do not know of every single country leader out there) and when it was pointed out who was he, he deleted it. It happens.

But you should definitely make a thread about it.

Are you doing okay? All you seem to do most of the time is passive aggresively post 'make a thread' to news/something of interest.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a private account at all lmao
I think they meant personal account. Do you believe everyone who works at a company and doesn't have 2 separate accounts, their sole account becomes their work account? There's a reason people have posted things in their bio like "these views are my own". It's his personal account, not some kind of work account that Kaz forced him to open when Twitter was established.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know shitloads of 'grown ass men', and women, who have no clue who he is. Our press ignores him because the Tory party loves him.
Same. Loads of people don't know who he is.
In fact, unlike Trump, who the whole world knows as leader of the free world and for being a disgrace for decades on end, more people don't know what happens in Brazil, or who most of the presidents, politics of South America are.

Status
Not open for further replies.