Status
Not open for further replies.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately if Sony were buying Remedy we'd know immediately as it's a public company.

I can see it happening.

Realistically, I'd love Remedy and RAD.

Those are peak Sony studios.

This is getting exciting...

Oct 26, 2017
We will know about Remedy acquisition before an official announcement, the company is public, and like what happened with Eidos/Square Enix acquisitions and FOX/Disney deal, shareholders will start to talk and everyone will know.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
FYI: The PS4 exclusive label is back on Death Stranding at Gamescom.

IMG_20190820_142034.png

iamandy

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
We will know about Remedy acquisition before an official announcement, the company is public, and like what happened with Eidos/Square Enix acquisitions and FOX/Disney deal, shareholders will start to talk and everyone will know.

I understand the reasons for speculation about Sony's acquisition of Remedy. The studio produces the cinematic games that Shawn Layden talks about so much. But I believe WWS already has better and more talented studios than Remedy for the same style. Personally I find their games inferior versions within the grand scheme of things.

It makes more sense for Sony to acquire Bluepoint Games.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I'd love to see BluePoint Games joining WWS. They are the right choice to revive classic IPs.

I have to agree to be honest. There seem to be a good number of "helper studios" to go around these days that assist publishers and devs with remastering/remaking older titles, so it's not like other companies wouldn't have any options for getting those types of projects made. It's also not like BP hasn't been working closely with Sony for a long time now anyway.

iamandy

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
I have to agree to be honest. There seem to be a good number of "helper studios" to go around these days that assist publishers and devs with remastering/remaking older titles, so it's not like other companies wouldn't have any options for getting those types of projects made. It's also not like BP hasn't been working closely with Sony for a long time now anyway.

As Sony has been saying the acquisitions need to make sense for the studio and the PlayStation. Insomniac has the history and proximity to the platform that justifies the purchase. But it would make no sense to me to buy Remedy.

Now Bluepoint has a very interesting story with Sony. The recent remake of Shadow of the Colossus has raised the bar for this relationship. Putting them under the umbrella of the WWS seems to me a win-win relationship.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
The most mundane Death Stranding's trailer is more interesting than the majority of this industry. PS4 or wherever, it's going to be something.

By the way, any opinions on Erica? Did any of you buy it yesterday?

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
little late on that news but wow that was one hell of a surprise.
i actually never thought that Sony would really need to acquire Insomniac Games in the past, given their strong relationship. However the Industry has changed with Microsofts Moves and Google joining the Game.

now im looking forward if and how the studio will expand in the future.

Since Insomniac has two studio, i wonder if they will make on Spidey Team + another full fledged studio for Ratchet and new IP's.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Insomniac right now is more valuable than Respawn pre-acquisition for sure and Sony got a lot of IPs,
Which IP? Sony already own Ratchet & Clank, Resistance and Marvel's Spider-Man IP. Activision own Spyro IP, Electronic Arts Fuse IP. Insomniac own Sunset Overdrive IP (but probably not the publishing rights) and maybe Song of the Deep/VR games IP.

TitanFall is a bigger IP than all IP owned by Insomniac combined.

I'd love to see BluePoint Games joining WWS. They are the right choice to revive classic IPs.
Me too. I think Bluepoint Games and Kojima Productions would be the most logical acquisitions after Insomniac.

My dream are Remedy, Supermassive Games and Quantic Dream, but I really doubt it will happen.

Oct 27, 2017

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Now Bluepoint has a very interesting story with Sony. The recent remake of Shadow of the Colossus has raised the bar for this relationship. Putting them under the umbrella of the WWS seems to me a win-win relationship.

Indeed. Bluepoint would be a great fit for their "studios" that do tech innovation/incubation like xdev etc. They could work on remasters as well as help xdev with new tech and possibly even assist with backwards compatibility if that's a thing next gen.

iamandy

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
Indeed. Bluepoint would be a great fit for their "studios" that do tech innovation/incubation like xdev etc. They could work on remasters as well as help xdev with new tech and possibly even assist with backwards compatibility if that's a thing next gen.

I had not thought about backward compatibility, but it is really another point where they may be essential for the future of the platform. Just add up points that make this acquisition more desirable.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Y'all think IG would ever tackle a Jak & Daxter reboot?

They've got that style of gameplay mastered, via R&C, so I think they could do a reboot justice.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all think IG would ever tackle a Jak & Daxter reboot?

They've got that style of gameplay mastered, via R&C, so I think they could do a reboot justice.

Huh?

source.gif

Those two games are nothing alike. I'd rather IG focus on R&C and we get ND on a new J&D or just leave J&D alone. Even with ND, I feel it's been too long and the studio as it is now is the same one when they made J&D.

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
I see why not. There isn't anything preventing WWS from working on WWS IPs. Also, IG has experience with cartoonish action adventure games, which is why I'd be comfortable with them working on a reboot.

I think the main question would be why would Insomniac work on JD when Ratchet & Clank needs a developer.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I see why not.

There isn't anything preventing WWS from working on WWS IPs.

Also, IG has experience with cartoonish action adventure games, which is why I'd be comfortable with them working on a reboot.

I'm sure companies prefer to work on their own creations. Spider-Man or other property beyond gaming is one thing, but I just can't see people at Insomniac being excited to work on something like Jak.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
little late on that news but wow that was one hell of a surprise.
i actually never thought that Sony would really need to acquire Insomniac Games in the past, given their strong relationship. However the Industry has changed with Microsofts Moves and Google joining the Game.

now im looking forward if and how the studio will expand in the future.

Since Insomniac has two studio, i wonder if they will make on Spidey Team + another full fledged studio for Ratchet and new IP's.
Yeah they have two studios / multiple teams. And don't forget their VR team. So yeah, it's gonna be Spider-Man, Ratchet & Clank and VR for Insomniac :)

Jul 15, 2019

So what do we think about death stranding gameplay? I was very underwhelmed and thought that whole show was a waste of time. Getting really tired of Kojima's Antics and I can see this game being a huge flop and huge mistake for Sony. Hopefully they impress me at Tokyo game show but I think I'm gonna buy control over this game because it's just not looking bright for death stranding
Something isn't right
i can't understand why people think the TLOS 2 will sale more than spider-man this gen
and its take spider-men less than year to sale more than 13 millions
and become the fastest exclusive in Sony history

agreed. Tlou2 is not gonna top Spider-Man's numbers. People over estimate tlou so much in terms of popularity. Like dude, yeah it sold nearly 20 million but that was after TWO releases.. cmon. It's not tipping Spider-Man.

That being said, what a HUGE WIN for Sony acquiring Insomniac Games! That completely stole that boring gamescom show for me! Who do we think is next?! I think bluepoint will be but can we even expect any more acquisitions? I hope so because I still feel like Sony need at least two more good studios. I say bluepoint and remedy. But are more acquisitions even being talked about? Can we expect more this year or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.