Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
jfqw6xoexfj3186kj9.jpg

Jan 17, 2019
Friendship ended with Sony?

Mentions him by name and says it means a lot. I smell a new Xbox exclusive!!

Just because Sam called him by name, your conclusion is next Remedy's game is Xbox exclusive?? That's maybe farfetched.

I dunno, according to Phil's tweet, maybe Phil is heartbroken because first Remedy game on PS platform since.......huh, that was a long time ago, is selling better more than 2x in US???

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
I really don't understand why anyone would care if DS is exclusive or not, the console version has been built with PS4 in mind and it's a PS4 engine as well, so the game should run well on PS4 which is all I care about. Business wise it's not like Kojima wrote that shit into a contract last minute and Sony were left with their pants down, they have obviously agreed to allow the game to come to PC at the very least.

Watch that video where House introduced that Kojima was making a game for them, my man looked happier than me whenever Liverpool fuck up in the Premier League, or any competition full stop really. I don't think Sony gave two fucks about Kojima putting his game on PC, they just really really really wanted him to make a game for them.

Either way DS needs to release so I can see some TLOU2, seems so obvious Sony are not gonna show that game again until DS releases. :(

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
Death Stranding coming to PC is almost a certainty at this point, imo.

Especialy given Shawn Layden's recent comments about how certain games might start having a broader distribuiton in the future. I'm sure that Sony spend a lot of money with Death Stranding, so, naturally, they'll what to make as much money as they can with this title and a way to do it is by publishing it on PC. It's not going to have any impact in regards to PS4 sales or PS+ subscriptions, since the game will release on PS4 first. There's really no downside putting it on PC a few months later.

If Ready Set Heroes is any indication, it might actually be a Epic Store exclusive (temporary?). Epic would probably pay a good amount to make that happen and Sony and Epic seem that have a good relationship.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Especialy given Shawn Layden's recent comments about how certain games might start having a broader distribuiton in the future. I'm sure that Sony spend a lot of money with Death Stranding, so, naturally, they'll what to make as much money as they can with this title and a way to do it is by publishing it on PC. It's not going to have any impact in regards to PS4 sales or PS+ subscriptions, since the game will release on PS4 first. There's really no downside putting it on PC a few months later.

If Ready Set Heroes is any indication, it might actually be a Epic Store exclusive (temporary?). Epic would probably pay a good amount to make that happen and Sony and Epic seem that have a good relationship.

🙄

Oct 25, 2017

They spend a lot of money on plenty of games. That is not why it would be ported. It would be because that is deal they made with Kojima. Using this logic Spider-Man, GOW, TLOU2 would all be headed to PC but they aren't.

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
They spend a lot of money on plenty of games. That is not why it would be ported. It would be because that is deal they made with Kojima. Using this logic Spider-Man, GOW, TLOU2 would all be headed to PC but they aren't.

Oh absoulutely. We don't know what kinda of negotiations were done for this game, sometimes is kinda a give and take situation. What I tried to say was that given a type of agreement made, Sony would want to maximize the profits from this project by publishing the game on PC themselves.

The only situation that would be dumb for Sony was if they don't get a cut from those PC sales.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I think it's more than that.

Shawn Layden mentioned SIE publishing some games on PC, particularly if they are MP-centric.

DS is absolutely going to be MP-centric, hence why it's showing up on PC. Kojima has talked about the game introducing a new genre of social gaming, unless I've misinterpreted his comments.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's more than that.

Shawn Layden mentioned SIE publishing some games on PC, particularly if they are MP-centric.

DS is absolutely going to be MP-centric, hence why it's showing up on PC. Kojima has talked about the game introducing a new genre of social gaming, unless I've misinterpreted his comments.

I really didn't want to get into this, but you are reading way too much. Based on your interpretations any future game with MP would be on PC. There's no way you actually believe that. That includes MLB, TLOU 2, possibly Horizon 2, Guerrilla's new IP and so on. The logical explanation is that they are following the contract they formed years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.