Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
32y2tz.jpg
LOL

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
I will call it now. Avengers game is going to be the destiny of this gen for PS5. Playstation will get the marketing and the game will be a launch game. Destiny moved a ton of PS4 consoles for Sony.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is indeed, I just wish hordes were included and more tied to the story, for example you need to clear a huge ass horde in a specifically designed area in order to progress to the next area of the map.

Yeah I was surprised they introduced hordes so late in the game, and then later still give them their own map markers, but it just means more fun to look forward to.

It really is I am quite interested in that endless horde challenge they got coming

Just read up on it, sounds crazy.

I will call it now. Avengers game is going to be the destiny of this gen for PS5. Playstation will get the marketing and the game will be a launch game. Destiny moved a ton of PS4 consoles for Sony.

I still think the Avengers game is going to severely underwhelm, but that's just my gut telling me that.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
I still think the Avengers game is going to severely underwhelm, but that's just my gut telling me that.

I don't know about that. I don't think it is going to be anything mind blowing but it will be around a 80mc. It is gonna fall in the "it is totally fine" category and the brand/marketing will make sure it is a huge success

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Noticing your avatar reminded me of one Sony IP that could benefit from some PG collaboration magic.
Loved the gameplay (and visuals) in GR/GR2 but that would indeed certainly be interesting to see what they could do to flesh out the combat to go with the incredible gravity switching mechanic. GR2 was a decent expansion over the first in the fighting but that is PG's wheelhouse afterall.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of hoping for an Uncharted 2 moment for Bend with the inevitable Days Gone sequel. I feel the foundation is fairly solid and with everything set up with the first game the sequel could be something special and a real showcase on the PS5 like UC2 was back on the PS3.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of hoping for an Uncharted 2 moment for Bend with the inevitable Days Gone sequel. I feel the foundation is fairly solid and with everything set up with the first game the sequel could be something special and a real showcase on the PS5 like UC2 was back on the PS3.
It's an incredible game. Especially if you remember that it got made by a team of ~45 devs in the first dev years. Now they have ~140 devs, a new office and are ready for PS5 and Days Gone 2. Take the good stuff and improve it, get rid of the weak points and rock us again with the sequel. Can't wait.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's an incredible game. Especially if you remember that it got made by a team of ~45 devs in the first dev years. Now they have ~140 devs, a new office and are ready for PS5 and Days Gone 2. Take the good stuff and improve it, get rid of the weak points and rock us again with the sequel. Can't wait.

They made that open world with 5-6 people.

Imagine what they could do with 10.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
So many leaks smh, but it seems it was Bandai Namco fault.

From that Platinum Games interview, it looks like Sony is really reluctant to make a big budget Japanese game. Still really glad at least they've started and are collaborating with Kojima, hopefully, it is just a start and they collaborate with a lot of developers for PS5.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like Sony may have dodged a bullet not doing their E3 event. I have pretty much no interest in sports but a lot of people are gonna be watching the NBA finals at that exact time. The only reason I'm curious about it is cause I live in Toronto and everyone I know seems to care a lot about the results.

Poor Square Enix tho.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Looks like Sony may have dodged a bullet not doing their E3 event. I have pretty much no interest in sports but a lot of people are gonna be watching the NBA finals at that exact time. The only reason I'm curious about it is cause I live in Toronto and everyone I know seems to care a lot about the results.

Poor Square Enix tho.
1 win away from the first NBA title for not just Toronto, but all of Canada, makes sense.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
So many leaks smh, but it seems it was Bandai Namco fault.

From that Platinum Games interview, it looks like Sony is really reluctant to make a big budget Japanese game. Still really glad at least they've started and are collaborating with Kojima, hopefully, it is just a start and they collaborate with a lot of developers for PS5.
Yeah.

So many PS4 games and Sony is not even at E3 😂😂😂
Yup, good start of games!

Oct 25, 2017

I think it will be a disappointment.

Imagine if Sony was making so much money from PlayStation that they actually did invest more in 3rd party exclusives instead of less. I know it sounds ridiculous but just imagine.

I want more exclusives from studios they own. I hope they are serious about expanding. 3rd parties are fickle. It sucks that we can't get sequel to Bloodborne because From is wisely focusing on multi-platform games. If that was game made a Sony studio a sequel would be almost done by now.

Last edited:

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Since no gameplay was announced for MS conference, re: Avengers, I am assuming it's Sony this time. For Star Wars, it was announced for MS - which is weird to have the first good Star Wars game marketed by Xbox instead of Playstation, which had all the SW related games before.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
*puts on thinking cap*

Sony skips E3, freeing up their slot
Square Enix takes their slot
Sony looking to make some acquisitions and some "sources" seem to hint that Sony may have done one.

🤔

Well, I think it's only logical to conclude that Sony has purchased Square Enix and will walk out on "their" stage at E3 to announce it in the megatons to end all megaton.

The logic is undeniable 😉

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
*puts on thinking cap*

Sony looking to make some acquisitions and some "sources" seem to hint that Sony may have done one.

🤔

Well, I think it's only logical to conclude that Sony has purchased Square Enix and will walk out on "their" stage at E3 to announce it in the megatons to end all megaton.

What sources are these??

And just no on SE, haha. If there was talks between them, it would be all over the market by now.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
What sources are these??

And just no on SE, haha. If there was talks between them, it would be all over the market by now.

There was talk earlier in the thread based on a tweet from that Tidux fellow that was retweeted by another fellow. Their reputation is suspect, so I made sure to put the quotation marks around the word.

Anyways, just a bit of late night crazy talk to pass the time 😉
... Unless of course it happens in which case I proclaim myself the greatest leaker of all time! And I also get a million dollars! 🤑

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
There was talk earlier in the thread based on a tweet from that Tidux fellow that was retweeted by another fellow. Their reputation is suspect, so I made sure to put the quotation marks around the word.

Anyways, just a bit of late night crazy talk to pass the time 😉
... Unless of course it happens in which case I proclaim myself the greatest leaker of all time! And I also get a million dollars! 🤑

Would be some surprise! Pretty sure buying square would set someone back about 6-7 billion usd, so not like a standard dev studio purchase

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Lol, that's a bargain compared to the Take Two acquisition people were salivating over a couple months back 😁
Haha, yeah, that would be alot more.

I just hope they expand their current studios. Try a two team approach on some of them and see how it works out. I know ND tries this and is didn't work for them, but looks like guerilla and SSM could be trying it. Or at least get to 1.5 team approach

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Haha, yeah, that would be alot more.

I just hope they expand their current studios. Try a two team approach on some of them and see how it works out. I know ND tries this and is didn't work for them, but looks like guerilla and SSM could be trying it. Or at least get to 1.5 team approach

Yeah, most of their studios have seen some sort of expansion and many have gone to new facilities so either well see multi teams or faster releases from them I think.

As a Sony fan this E3 is a very unique experience. We can still get hyped at all the releases announced at other events and we have the constant anticipation that this new and unpredictable Sony could do anything at any time. I kinda like it since it's keeping me on my toes instead of just going on cruise control and waiting for the Sony event that would normally happen on Monday. Maybe we'll go back to the standard format next year and that's fine, but this is still a bit of fun 😃

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
This post is clearly a joke. It's not like the dude came into the thread with the sole purpose of antagonising PS fans.

What a thing to get banned for.
If you know tonky, you know he makes jokes like this all the time in both threads
It's a fine line though, comedy bait posts like those are fair enough when you know who it is posting and that it's their thing, but they can easily lead to ruffled feathers and warring nonsense for those that aren't here 24/7. At this time of year you gotta tread more carefully.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
This has already been a crazy ass E3 and it hasn't even started yet lol....

Still think Sony has SOMETHING up their sleeve for this weekend/E3...would love to see them drop another Wired piece on Monday with more snippets of PS5 info and a possible date for the full reveal event. It'd be awesome...

They've publically started they won't have any event or similar around e3 time. My guess is a deal with ESA. We've had ps5 tease and death stranding trailer. I think that's it until a 'sensible' time after E3

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
*puts on thinking cap*

🤔

Didn't Sony own a small part of Square back in the PS1 days?

Edit- Daaaaang they owned 18% back in the early 2000s. For 14 years. Finally sold off their shares in 2014.

Last edited:

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Didn't Sony own a small part of Square back in the PS1 days?

They had shares until 2013/14. Sony had to sell back to Square to make some profit in that fiscal year.

According to Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto, who explained at Thailand's Comic-Con that from the start, the entire process had been about the two companies helping each other out.

"Back in 2001, Square Enix had financial problems and Sony bought our stocks," he explained. "Now, the situation is reversed. Since then, we have had good support from our customers for our products, so Square Enix is back on its legs.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
They've publically started they won't have any event or similar around e3 time. My guess is a deal with ESA. We've had ps5 tease and death stranding trailer. I think that's it until a 'sensible' time after E3
They didn't use word "event", but something different, less committal. They still can have a pre-recorded State of Play after E3 (coinciding with TLoU anniversary).

Status
Not open for further replies.