Votes: 115 14.5%
  • now the dog ending better be in i swear

Votes: 62 7.8%
  • turns out its origin story was a misunderstanding from a store, huh

Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Pyramid head is gonna take off the helmet in the new live-action TV show.

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
That line is worded really…weirdly. Like it could also be "Pyramid Head is back" AND "there's also an origin story (of some sort)"

the other reading makes sense too, and if true, what the fuck, but could it not just be Born From A Wish?

To be fair, the way the sentence is worded kind of makes it sound like Pyramid Head and the "origin story" are two separate/unrelated things, which were just awkwardly combined into one bullet point.

...Kind of.

I do not have much faith either way here.

Yeah, it's phrased weirdly but the bullet point doesn't strictly speaking say that the origin story is Pyramid Head's.

My first thought upon reading it was that it was referencing "Born From a Wish".

Of course, even if it was phrased better, it seems like people have already make their minds about the remake already.

I haven't played any game from the studio so I can't comment on their track record (and frankly, what people are saying about them here just tells me that their writers are very insensitive, not that their games are necessarily bad per se).

But considering Konami's own track record... Well, I want to be optimistic, but I at least can understand some of the malaise.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, that's basically going off nothing but assumptions, given how little we've seen of the game.
Critical analysis of past evidence isn't at all the same thing as assumptions based on nothing. Konami hasn't put out a good Silent Hill game in well over a decade, their products for years now have been cheap and shown no regard for quality, the first thing coming out of their Silent Hill revival is an unimaginable embarrassment, Bloober has put out mostly mediocre games, and their interviews regarding this project don't inspire confidence that they know what makes the original so good. I'm assuming nothing, I'm making a prediction that it will be a huge disappointment based on all the evidence that suggests it'll be a disappointment.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Somehow I think it's a miracle Nemesis managed to stay one game gimmick instead of being in every Resident Evil after 3.

And don't you dare tell me Nemesis isn't iconic.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
This is so vague it could mean basically anything. Maybe just wait and see when the game comes out before you freak out?

OP
OP
Blackbird

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
if i had to guess right now, i would imagine it's an extra, side content-based short section/story.

you either access it via one of the new endings, a original area or the main menu.

i hope it's something apart, like you can either ignore it or play without compromising the main narrative we know and love.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I know y'all hate Bloober but learn to read. Two completely separate things. Pyramid head returns and an origin story for the game at large

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Somehow I think it's a miracle Nemesis managed to stay one game gimmick instead of being in every Resident Evil after 3.

And don't you dare tell me Nemesis isn't iconic.
Remember when they had Nemesis cry an actual tear at the end of the second live action movie? It feels like how this would go.

Last edited:

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
It's funny because you know Bloober was already knee deep into developing SH2R when he posted that lol
Maybe that was the day Konami asked him to write an origin story for Pyramid Head.

Konami: "Hey, Ito! Bubby! Baby! You know that thing you're famous for? Pyramid Head?"
Ito: "Red Pyramid Thing?"
Konami: "Yeah, Pyramid Head! Do you think maybe you could help out the guys remaking Silent Hill 2 and come up with an origin story for Pyramid Head that they can develop into a new chapter of the game?"
Ito: "But Silent Hill 2 already explained the origin. There's nothing to--"
Konami: "Great! Sounds like you have lots of ideas already! Looking forward to what you come up with!"
Ito: "I wish I hadn't designed fxxkin Pyramid Head."

TheBigJuice

Banned
Jun 29, 2023
Konami really thought the dog could cook huh
Why would they think the dog could cook
he's a dog

Konami is so dumb.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Watch it be an adaptation of The Arcade:
SilentHillArcade2.gif

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
The entire game is Pyramid Head's background.
Leave it to Konami to destroy a game.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
What on earth...how have I never heard of this? What was the gameplay like? 'Hold your fire' makes me think lightgun.

View: https://youtu.be/2c6Yh_zr1ls?si=OdOGnsLE2kZRRrru&t=23

It's a light gun game based on the Little Baroness monument in Silent Hill 2. It's a cheap asset flip where you visit locations from Silent Hill 2 and 3 with no respect to making sense. Like you visit the Silent Hill Historical Society and end up in Toluca Prison where there's a graveyard below the prison just like the one James finds even though all of that was specific to his psyche and has nothing to do with the characters in this game. You even end up in Central Square Shopping Center from Silent Hill 3, which is in a different town...

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
they circumcised his head and now he has to wear a pyramid

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Capcom did something good with Lisa Trevor.

But this is a Konami IP we're talking about here, I have zero faith in them until proved the contrary.

Am I missing something? Lisa trevor was an entirely new thing not from the original game. Pyramid head already has an origin and its a manifestation of james guilt.

This is like giving a tragic backstory to fucking chucky or michael myers (yes, I know both versions got a back story, but I will stand that what we got in 6 was better than the rob zombie shit.) why can't pyramid head just be a monster? he doesn't need a family!

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/2c6Yh_zr1ls?si=OdOGnsLE2kZRRrru&t=23

It's a light gun game based on the Little Baroness monument in Silent Hill 2. It's a cheap asset flip where you visit locations from Silent Hill 2 and 3 with no respect to making sense. Like you visit the Silent Hill Historical Society and end up in Toluca Prison where there's a graveyard below the prison just like the one James finds even though all of that was specific to his psyche and has nothing to do with the characters in this game. You even end up in Central Square Shopping Center from Silent Hill 3, which is in a different town...

Sounds ridiculous, when's the remake coming out? Day one :P

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe that was the day Konami asked him to write an origin story for Pyramid Head.

Konami: "Hey, Ito! Bubby! Baby! You know that thing you're famous for? Pyramid Head?"
Ito: "Red Pyramid Thing?"
Konami: "Yeah, Pyramid Head! Do you think maybe you could help out the guys remaking Silent Hill 2 and come up with an origin story for Pyramid Head that they can develop into a new chapter of the game?"
Ito: "But Silent Hill 2 already explained the origin. There's nothing to--"
Konami: "Great! Sounds like you have lots of ideas already! Looking forward to what you come up with!"
Ito: "I wish I hadn't designed fxxkin Pyramid Head."
Kinda thought this haha. That or "Hey, so this is what Bloober pitched and we're all on board. Just need your signature if you want a paycheck"
*cue Ito's tweet*

But I do need to ask about bloober games and their messaging. How does it differ from being sympathetic to a thirsty, misogynistic boomer after his crime? SH2 is a top 3 or 5 game for me so I don't mean to shit smear it with such a basic descriptor but one part I'm curious about is how a more sensitive landscape will handle such a theme. Is it more preachy with less thought put into the victims? Do you play as the abuser or are they the antagonist with a redemption arc? Just curious because I always see it brought up but feel like the same can be done for James and SH2 but we all defend it because it's a classic/favorite. I don't plan on playing it either so spoil away. I'm sure I know the answer (poor writing, no subtlety, no care for the victims, no justice etc).

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda thought this haha. That or "Hey, so this is what Bloober pitched and we're all on board. Just need your signature if you want a paycheck"
*cue Ito's tweet*

But I do need to ask about bloober games and their messaging. How does it differ from being sympathetic to a thirsty, misogynistic boomer after his crime? SH2 is a top 3 or 5 game for me so I don't mean to shit smear it with such a basic descriptor but one part I'm curious about is how a more sensitive landscape will handle such a theme. Is it more preachy with less thought put into the victims? Do you play as the abuser or are they the antagonist with a redemption arc? Just curious because I always see it brought up but feel like the same can be done for James and SH2 but we all defend it because it's a classic/favorite. I don't plan on playing it either so spoil away. I'm sure I know the answer (poor writing, no subtlety, no care for the victims, no justice etc).
In The Medium the ends with you killing the abused complete with the achievement "Can't always save everyone". The monster in the game was an allegory for her trauma and the only way for it to end was to kill her.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I assume Ito has the final word on this, right? if he actually came up with something new for PH, then i'll be ok with this.
i don't get the mention of SH5 in that overview, are the planning to remake every entry or something? i'm confused.
and what is SH Short Stories?

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
He's an inter dimensional traveler who links all worlds in the silentverse.
Watch the first two episodes of the new action thriller Silent Hill Shattered Dimensions, streaming exclusively on paramount plus
Sorry for the spoilers

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: wrong quote

In The Medium the ends with you killing the abused complete with the achievement "Can't always save everyone". The monster in the game was an allegory for her trauma and the only way for it to end was to kill her.
You kill the abused? As in her trauma made her a monster type situation? OK, it is as clown shoes as I'd expected based on the reactions compared to SH2. Hopefully SH2 doesn't get the type of flack I expect when viewed from a simplified POV as I'd alluded to above lol.

Laranja

Oct 31, 2017
London
He's an inter dimensional traveler who links all worlds in the silentverse.
Watch the first two episodes of the new action thriller Silent Hill Shattered Dimensions, streaming exclusively on paramount plus
Sorry for the spoilers

What if it's actually James that is the figment of Pyramid Head's imagination?

Maybe it has a saviour complex (due to past trauma, of course) so it needs to come up with imaginary scenarios where it can play the role of a hero so it can feel good about itself.

Please hire me, Konami.

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
I love how everyone is outraging ovet this product detail w/o confirmation or footage. Guilty until proven innocent in 2023 I guess

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I assume Ito has the final word on this, right? if he actually came up with something new for PH, then i'll be ok with this.
i don't get the mention of SH5 in that overview, are the planning to remake every entry or something? i'm confused.
and what is SH Short Stories?

We don't know Ito's full involvement right now beyond re-designing monsters (you can see design differences in the nurses, the Lying Figure, and even in the texture on Pyramid Head). Hopefully he has been a resource in reworking the story/scenes.
Known leaker DuskGolem has stated that Silent Hill f is being viewed internally as the next mainline entry. Seems likely it was referred as 'SH5' by whatever actual insider within Konami leaked all of this stuff.
SH Stories seems to be another internal name for possibly multiple smaller SH projects by indie developers. Silent Hill Townfall, by NoCode (and Annapurna) is the only one revealed thus far.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
We don't know Ito's full involvement right now beyond re-designing monsters (you can see design differences in the nurses, the Lying Figure, and even in the texture on Pyramid Head). Hopefully he has been a resource in reworking the story/scenes.
Known leaker DuskGolem has stated that Silent Hill f is being viewed internally as the next mainline entry. Seems likely it was referred as 'SH5' by whatever actual insider within Konami leaked all of this stuff.
SH Stories seems to be another internal name for possibly multiple smaller SH projects by indie developers. Silent Hill Townfall, by NoCode (and Annapurna) is the only one revealed thus far.
Thanks for the response, very detailed.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
I need everything explained to me in detail!

I know writers who use subtext and they are all cowards.