Are you just going to sit there eating pizza?

• Yes

Votes: 552 92.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 7.2%

• Total voters

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Mannequin.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/adsk4/status/1559451082610593793

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/adsk4/status/1559467925123510272

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/adsk4/status/1559813162740117504

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/adsk4/status/1559828151844638721

NJxiHg3.jpg

7lSrOpZ.jpg

6OEB9E1.jpg

7FCzBBK.jpg

87eBSXj.jpg

Lying Figure:

pq8Pcsk.jpg

Last edited:

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say it is promising when actual leakers with a track record are saying it might be shown soon.

OP
OP
TheJollyCorner

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Now.
In the forest- talking insects and birds…

I have no idea if those are the actual lyrics, but that part in the song from SH4 (Cradle of Forest) always sticks in my head and cracks me up.

Hot take: I really don't want any vocal tracks in the new Silent Hill… but it seems inevitable, so I hope the song(s) is good
and doesn't have fake-ass David Bowie, Joe Romersa, involved

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
It would be cool if Konami had some decent SH merch for sale, almost everything they have looks like loot-crate tier quality and is tacky as heck

Leak of Bloober’s Silent Hill 2 Remake pitch

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
OP
OP
TheJollyCorner

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
6106d2982e831985c4281cc56e476fbe.jpg

^I'm thinking fake until further confirmation, but SH5 must be pretty substantial if it was allegedly one of the first projects in the oven and we might be looking at a 2024 (or even beyond) release. 😵‍💫

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Okay so that thread is a bit of a trash-fire, so I'm taking this thought here but I think a lot of people missed the clear narrative that Masahiro Ito and possible other original SH2 devs are working with Bloober on this remake. Very curious to see how that impacts the conversation if it comes to fruition.

OP
OP
TheJollyCorner

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Okay so that thread is a bit of a trash-fire, so I'm taking this thought here but I think a lot of people missed the clear narrative that Masahiro Ito and possible other original SH2 devs are working with Bloober on this remake. Very curious to see how that impacts the conversation if it comes to fruition.

I've been in the 'rib them a little, but remain open-minded' camp as far as Bloober working on SH for a while.
Original Team Silent members possibly contributing is great- and it gives me that FFVII Remake feeling of "hmmm… maybe they won't actually fuck it up".

Hey, I'm actually psyched about ALL of this stuff, lol 😂

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I've been in the 'rib them a little, but remain open-minded' camp as far as Bloober working on SH for a while.
Original Team Silent members possibly contributing is great- and it gives me that FFVII Remake feeling of "hmmm… maybe they won't actually fuck it up".

Hey, I'm actually psyched about ALL of this stuff, lol 😂

I think there's valid reason to be concerned about Bloober Team but if they come in wanting to respect the original game AND they are working directly with people like Masahiro Ito and Akira Yamaoka, that would be a little more of a reason to be excited. Really going to come down to how involved they are but at a certain point if Masahiro Ito gives him stamp of approval and directly contributed, we really don't have any right to complain about it being different from the original. And all we really need at this point is for the name Hiroyuki Owaku to come up at some point. lol

That being said, I do have one question in regards to if Masahiro Ito drew that supposed concept art (did we even get confirmation it was legit?) which is that in the art Pyramid Head has a hole in the front of the helmet and Ito had been pretty adamant in the past that he never drew him with that and doesn't know where it came from.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I just don't think SH2 needs a remake regardless. I truly do consider it a masterpiece in the medium of gaming and something anyone interested should experience. A remake can go so many ways and with a game like this with a story it has, I'm feeling many things.

I'm heavily against Bloober but, BUT if they respect the original game and only tighten certain aspects such as camera and combat then this could redeem them in my eyes. Especially so if some original devs are on this as well hopefully it means Bloober doesn't get to fuck things up by putting too much of their own mark on it.

I'm feeling many emotions here.

OP
OP
TheJollyCorner

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Seems like the ship is getting leakier and leakier.
To keep this a sort of 'safe place', I will not be threadmarking anymore leaks.

If people want to post them, fine, I just kindly request they be put in SPOILER tags going forward.

I'll threadmark actual release info/trailers/etc. 👍

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
Update on the Silent Hill film reboot. Christophe Gans says the storyboards are almost done and the film will take inspiration from P.T. (Kojima). I'll post the thread tomorrow morning if no one else does.

However, the filmmaker has not thrown in the towel. His next project? A new Silent Hill , still in collaboration with the Japanese executives, who intend to regain control of their franchise after the Revelation 3D sacking:

"There, I have practically finished the storyboards for this new Silent Hill and there are indeed a few nodes to PT [legendary Silent Hills demo canceled, ndlr] because, obviously, it made us all dream ."

www-ecranlarge-com.translate.goog

Le Pacte des loups, Silent Hill... Christophe Gans, pionnier du blockbuster à la française

Sur le point de revenir sur les plateaux de tournage pour un nouveau Silent Hill, Christophe Gans a donné la folie des grandeurs au cinéma français, et pas seulement avec ses réalisations. Le Pacte

OP
OP
TheJollyCorner

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Just realized we crossed the two year period of when this thread was originally created.
Time flies! 🎉 🕰

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Sony and/or Konami tightened the ship. The leaks stopped.
Dusk says he has way more info about the game than is out there publicly right now, so there's always the possibility that that particular info leaks. He also mentioned another party has access to more info (from the most recent leak) like the full story of Sakura. So, people have more info, it's just a matter of if/when that stuff leaks.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
Throwing in predictions, who do you think the Japanese developer of Sakura and 5 could be?

My guesses:
  • Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture (Shadows of the Damned, Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, Kurayami Dance)
  • Koei Tecmo (Fatal Frame 1-3, Dead or Alive, Deception 1-3)
  • Konami in-house, with support from other studios (similar to the reported Castlevania reboot). Although Hiroyuki Owaku seems to have retired, some former Team Silent members are still there if I'm not mistaken.
  • Someone out of left field. Probably a relatively cheap developer.
Who I don't think it is:
  • The Souls developers, because the timeline with Elden Ring doesn't match up. If FromSoftware is involved, then it's a different team.
  • Hideo Kojima. Too many bridges burnt, he wants to work on original projects, currently making Overdose with Microsoft, everyone except Gematsu's one source says it's not him.
  • Keiichiro Toyama (lol).
  • Sony themselves. I think they're involved, but mostly in terms of support and timed exclusivity.
  • Capcom. Competitor in Konami's mind, hands probably full.

OP
OP
TheJollyCorner

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Throwing in predictions, who do you think the Japanese developer of Sakura and 5 could be?

I honestly have no idea - but I'll throw in my two cents to your suggestions below in BOLD.

• Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture (Shadows of the Damned, Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, Kurayami Dance) - I just don't think Suda51 would be a good fit. He has the 'weirdness', but I personally haven't been a big fan of any of his stuff. I wouldn't mind him and Grasshopper contributing to the 'Silent Hill Stories' project, but for SH5? I'd be surprised - and not in a good way.
  • Koei Tecmo (Fatal Frame 1-3, Dead or Alive, Deception 1-3) - Again, I think this wouldn't be a great fit on the surface, as Koei-Tecmo games make me think of more anime-like aesthetics with a lot of their games. That said, they are mercenaries these days and will seemingly work with any company on any property. It's not out of the question that if they were offered Silent Hill they'd lean into someone like Ito to allow his work/designs to dictate the overall aesthetic - at least I'd hope. This partnership wouldn't surprise me.
  • Konami in-house, with support from other studios (similar to the reported Castlevania reboot). Although Hiroyuki Owaku seems to have retired, some former Team Silent members are still there if I'm not mistaken. - I'm actually hoping for this, as personally I'd love to see Konami rebuild their in-house production studio(s). This is a different Konami than the Konami from 10 years ago, so it's possible the new ownership wouldn't be so stingy on budget and wouldn't dictate awful corporate decisions just to milk a franchise literally to its death. I'm sure there are still some talented people in there (somewhere).
  • Someone out of left field. Probably a relatively cheap developer. - Could easily be this. But I keep going back to VGC's 'prominent' description, even though my better senses tell me not to. More on this down below.
Who I don't think it is:
  • The Souls developers, because the timeline with Elden Ring doesn't match up. If FromSoftware is involved, then it's a different team. - A Miyazaki Silent Hill would be incredible from a production/art design stance, but I agree - it's not happening.
  • Hideo Kojima. Too many bridges burnt, he wants to work on original projects, currently making Overdose with Microsoft, everyone except Gematsu's one source says it's not him. - Agreed. If anything I can see Kojima getting to work with Del Toro and Junji Ito, just on a new horror IP. Unless the new Konami ownership has really impressed him (or cut a small finger off for him), I just don't see Kojima coming back to develop a new game in an existing franchise unless it's MGS one day.
  • Keiichiro Toyama (lol). - No comment, lol. Actually, if the new SH projects are successful I could maybe see Bokeh working on something for a Silent Hill Stories Vol. II or something. If whoever is doing SH5 is successful, I'd anticipate they'd be locked to do a SH6, but now we are getting into DEEP fantasy territory.
  • Sony themselves. I think they're involved, but mostly in terms of support and timed exclusivity. - Agreed again. I don't see Asobi doing a SH and for now the only Sony involvement I could see would be engine sharing, production assistance (financially), and/or marketing.
  • Capcom. Competitor in Konami's mind, hands probably full. - Ok, here is where I'm going to go a little crazy - and believe me, I don't even fully believe what I'm about to say. I think back to two things: The first is Dusk being very strict about NOT sharing who the primaryJapanese developer of this project is - and if I recall correctly, it's because he expects the reveal of that developer to be a crazy/exciting/big deal. Most people's minds jumped immediately to Kojima Productions, but I really think a Konami/Sony/Capcom collaboration to resurrect Silent Hill would break the internet - and is a piece of information that, if I had it, I certainly wouldn't share for that very reason. I feel in this scenario Konami would design a primary team (possibly someone like Imamura or Tsuboyama heading it), use Capcom and the RE Engine for technical support, and have Sony doing a lot of background legwork. Second thing is the SAKURA leaks. Those images looked like something from the RE Engine - the background AND the character models. On top of that, Capcom's expertise in VR development could also play a part considering the implication that the future SH titles could have some kind of VR capabilities. Yes, this is all extremely unlikely - but that's the joy of online speculation, right? :D

So yeah... my guess is as good as anyone's - and likely even more outlandish, lol.
The painful wait continues.

Last edited:

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, here is where I'm going to go a little crazy - and believe me, I don't even fully believe what I'm about to say. I think back to two things: The first is Dusk being very strict about NOT sharing who the primaryJapanese developer of this project is - and if I recall correctly, it's because he expects the reveal of that developer to be a crazy/exciting/big deal. Most people's minds jumped immediately to Kojima Productions, but I really think a Konami/Sony/Capcom collaboration to resurrect Silent Hill would break the internet - and is a piece of information that, if I had it, I certainly wouldn't share for that very reason. I feel in this scenario Konami would design a primary team (possibly someone like Imamura or Tsuboyama heading it), use Capcom and the RE Engine for technical support, and have Sony doing a lot of background legwork. Second thing is the SAKURA leaks. Those images looked like something from the RE Engine - the background AND the character models. On top of that, Capcom's expertise in VR development could also play a part considering the implication that the future SH titles could have some kind of VR capabilities. Yes, this is all extremely unlikely - but that's the joy of online speculation, right? :D

I think this would be nuts but also so much fun. The resulting chaos would be so wonderful.

It would be like the video game version of when Paramount sold the Friday the 13th rights to New Line Cinema, in a way.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
Keiichiro Toyama (lol). - No comment, lol. Actually, if the new SH projects are successful I could maybe see Bokeh working on something for a Silent Hill Stories Vol. II or something. If whoever is doing SH5 is successful, I'd anticipate they'd be locked to do a SH6, but now we are getting into DEEP fantasy territory.
Same here. Bokeh Game Studio making Silent Hill 6 with a studio budget, Masahiro Ito, and external support would be a dream scenario and an easy way to maybe even top Silent Hill 5. I really hope this happens at some point (or Toyama gets to make a VR Silent Hill game).

• Capcom. Competitor in Konami's mind, hands probably full. - Ok, here is where I'm going to go a little crazy - and believe me, I don't even fully believe what I'm about to say. I think back to two things: The first is Dusk being very strict about NOT sharing who the primaryJapanese developer of this project is - and if I recall correctly, it's because he expects the reveal of that developer to be a crazy/exciting/big deal. Most people's minds jumped immediately to Kojima Productions, but I really think a Konami/Sony/Capcom collaboration to resurrect Silent Hill would break the internet - and is a piece of information that, if I had it, I certainly wouldn't share for that very reason. I feel in this scenario Konami would design a primary team (possibly someone like Imamura or Tsuboyama heading it), use Capcom and the RE Engine for technical support, and have Sony doing a lot of background legwork. Second thing is the SAKURA leaks. Those images looked like something from the RE Engine - the background AND the character models. On top of that, Capcom's expertise in VR development could also play a part considering the implication that the future SH titles could have some kind of VR capabilities. Yes, this is all extremely unlikely - but that's the joy of online speculation, right? :D
It's a slight possibility for sure. Sakura looks like it could be using the Resident Evil engine and that would explain how Dusk has so much information for this game (although, to be fair, so does every other insider lol).

That being said, I honestly hope Capcom never makes a Silent Hill game (or, if they do, the story and major decisions are handled by former Team Silent members and not the Resident Evil creatives).

Capcom is just a bad fit for Silent Hill IMO. Their crowdpleaser/blockbuster approach to video game development, horror and storytelling sensibilities, and corporate philosophy would just be a nightmare if they owned the Silent Hill rights. I think this alone should disqualify them:

www.videogameschronicle.com

Resident Evil’s producer says Village was balanced based on feedback that ‘RE7 was too scary’ | VGC

“It’s always our goal to create something that anybody can feel comfortable playing”…

(Imagine making a Silent Hill game "not too scary" and "comfortable for a larger audience to play"; Silent Hill is supposed to get under your skin and disturb you on a psychological level)

That being said, I couldn't fully blame Konami for hiring Capcom. Their games made a lot of money and a lot of gamers see them as the Holy Grail of potential Silent Hill developers (mostly because of Resident Evil, which is nothing like Silent Hill). But I'm hoping it's not them personally.

It's a possibility, though. The internet reaction to Capcom developing Silent Hill 5 for Konami would be insane (like if Warner Bros. outsourced the DC Universe movies to Kevin Feige and Disney). The actual quality of the game would likely suffer for it, though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheJollyCorner

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Same here. Bokeh Game Studio making Silent Hill 6 with a studio budget, Masahiro Ito, and external support would be a dream scenario and an easy way to maybe even top Silent Hill 5. I really hope this happens at some point (or Toyama gets to make a VR Silent Hill game).

It's a slight possibility for sure. Sakura looks like it could be using the Resident Evil engine and that would explain how Dusk has so much information for this game (although, to be fair, so does every other insider lol).

That being said, I honestly hope Capcom never makes a Silent Hill game (or, if they do, the story and major decisions are handled by former Team Silent members and not the Resident Evil creatives).

Capcom is just a bad fit for Silent Hill IMO. Their crowdpleaser/blockbuster approach to video game development, horror and storytelling sensibilities, and corporate philosophy would just be a nightmare if they owned the Silent Hill rights. I think this alone should disqualify them:

www.videogameschronicle.com

Resident Evil’s producer says Village was balanced based on feedback that ‘RE7 was too scary’ | VGC

“It’s always our goal to create something that anybody can feel comfortable playing”…

That being said, I couldn't fully blame Konami for hiring Capcom. Their games made a lot of money and a lot of gamers see them as the Holy Grail of potential Silent Hill developers (mostly because of Resident Evil, which is nothing like Silent Hill). But I'm hoping it's not them personally.

It's a possibility, though. The internet reaction to Capcom developing Silent Hill 5 for Konami would be insane (like if Warner Bros. outsourced the DC Universe movies to Kevin Feige and Disney). The actual quality of the game would likely suffer for it, though.

Captain Obvious opinion here, but I think, unquestionably, the writing and art direction are the absolute keys to a great SH.
We already know Ito is involved. That's half of it. If they pulled Owaku out of retirement or have gotten Imamura back, I really think they could lean on the technical expertise of Capcom to make SH5 a legitimately stunning looking game.
Honestly, from a purely technical standpoint, that option would be second only to a PlayStation Studios team as far a SH with stunning production values goes (well, KojiPro is also up there).

That said, I'm going back to my initial statement: writing and art direction are key. Even a more AA production with those two qualities being excellent would likely satisfy me after this long gap of time since a legitimately great SH.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I don't remember Dusk ever saying he wasn't going to reveal who the Japanese developer was because he thought it would be crazy and exciting. I thought he said he didn't know who it was. The VGC writer implied he knew who it was, but wouldn't say because he felt it would expose sources somehow.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
(Imagine making a Silent Hill game "not too scary" and "comfortable for a larger audience to play"; Silent Hill is supposed to get under your skin and disturb you on a psychological level)

It's one thing to pull the article with regards to Capcom's own title, but for a title they'd hypothetically be partners on...I don't see Kazunori Kadoi being asked to step in and direct a Silent Hill title. The ideal partnership is literally RE Engine related and not much beyond that.

We already know Ito is involved. That's half of it. If they pulled Owaku out of retirement or have gotten Imamura back, I really think they could lean on the technical expertise of Capcom to make SH5 a legitimately stunning looking game

Ideal form of the partnership for sure -- get the gang back together as much as possible and give them this whole new set of tools to play with. New tools, new limitations, less restriction in some ways...I hate that it's probably not going to happen.

OP
OP
TheJollyCorner

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I don't remember Dusk ever saying he wasn't going to reveal who the Japanese developer was because he thought it would be crazy and exciting. I thought he said he didn't know who it was. The VGC writer implied he knew who it was, but wouldn't say because he felt it would expose sources somehow.

Pretty sure he said it recently in one of the threads around Sony's SoP.
I'll try to track down the exact quote and edit in here.

Edit: well, I scanned through his posts since Saturday and can't find it- fuck - but I swear he said something recently about actively choosing not to reveal who the actual Japanese developer is. Dunno if he scrubbed that part of a post or I'm not looking back far enough or I'm just losing my damn mind. All 3 could be the case. 🥴

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty sure he said it recently in one of the threads around Sony's SoP.
I'll try to track down the exact quote and edit in here.

Edit: well, I scanned through his posts since Saturday and can't find it- fuck - but I swear he said something recently about actively choosing not to reveal who the actual Japanese developer is. Dunno if he scrubbed that part of a post or I'm not looking back far enough or I'm just losing my damn mind. All 3 could be the case. 🥴

Post #330.

www.resetera.com

[SPOILERS] Silent Hill More Pics Leaked from SH2R and Playable Concept Sakura Rumor

Exactly, the first step in their big “Silent Hill is back” campaign should have been an HD collection with the first four games included. Just get them running on everything from Switch to PC in HD and 16:9, get Bluepoint or another studio experienced with reverse-engineering retail discs to...

Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia

My guesses:
  • Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture (Shadows of the Damned, Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, Kurayami Dance)
  • Koei Tecmo (Fatal Frame 1-3, Dead or Alive, Deception 1-3)
  • Konami in-house, with support from other studios (similar to the reported Castlevania reboot). Although Hiroyuki Owaku seems to have retired, some former Team Silent members are still there if I'm not mistaken.
  • Someone out of left field. Probably a relatively cheap developer.
Who I don't think it is:
  • The Souls developers, because the timeline with Elden Ring doesn't match up. If FromSoftware is involved, then it's a different team.
  • Hideo Kojima. Too many bridges burnt, he wants to work on original projects, currently making Overdose with Microsoft, everyone except Gematsu's one source says it's not him.
  • Keiichiro Toyama (lol).
  • Sony themselves. I think they're involved, but mostly in terms of support and timed exclusivity.
  • Capcom. Competitor in Konami's mind, hands probably full.

Interesting take. Grasshopper might very well be possible.

My dream dev list?

- Most original members reassembling.
- From Software, i've already said it plenty of times.
- GenDesign.
- Toyama with Bokeh and original members

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I won't be able to catch the next Konami conference live as I'll be asleep, so I'll just say it now.

Don't worry about Silent Hill not being shown here, there's always [/insert next conference/livestream event]!