• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
DNpWLn3XUAAxgQs.jpg

DNpWLn6W0AERN0N.jpg

AyaTharja

User was permanently banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Wish they put up Doom pre-order before Skyrim since Doom is next week

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Woof, did we know this was full price? I'm down for some portable skyrim, but I guess I'll be waiting.

Deleted member 62

Content removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch owners still starved for massive open world games with previous gen graphics
I'm down.. gonna preorder soon as get back from work

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like there is a "Preordering Skyrim in 2017 Elegiggle" joke to be made here, but hopefully people enjoy it. 50 dollars is a steep price for this game these days imo.

OP
OP
Jonneh

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I feel like there is a "Preordering Skyrim in 2017 Elegiggle" joke to be made here, but hopefully people enjoy it. 50 dollars is a steep price for this game these days imo.
I have to disagree with you when it sold extremely well last year on PS4 and Xbox One at the same price and is retailing again on both Switch and PS VR this year. Bethesda know what they're doing, people will pay it.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Already working on it
DNpc84cVoAARC8U.jpg

This will be my first Skyrim (or any TES) purchase on a console... it's gonna be weird after having played the series for probably over 2000 hours on PC won't it?

Saint-XIV

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if the game fits in the physical cartridge, or will there be a separate additional download?

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
This version doesn't have the mods or anything like that, right? I know the console special edition from last year had that. This is just vanilla Skyrim?

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I think I may go digital with this. I'd love to just have this on my Switch at all times. This isn't a game I would trade in or sell off.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This version doesn't have the mods or anything like that, right? I know the console special edition from last year had that. This is just vanilla Skyrim?

They said mods "are not planned at this time" which likely means no, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the whole paid mods thing get introduced if this sells well.

Other than that it's vanilla Skyrim with all of the DLC included.

Hopefully thats the case. With some games coming out on 8gb cards and needing extra downloads, it got me wondering because I hadn't heard anything.

I'm pretty sure that's only been the case for games that can't fit on a 16GB card, not an 8GB card.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Woof, did we know this was full price? I'm down for some portable skyrim, but I guess I'll be waiting.
Yup. I would say Skyrim is a game that can easily command that price due to the amount of content you're getting. You'll certainly get your monies worth several times over.

Going with the physical version myself.
Vanilla plus all add ons.
This is the Special Edition version (this can easily be seen by comparing footage of the Switch version with the special edition and comparing them with the original vanilla version) with all the official expansions. It's not even up for debate anymore.

I think they said there are no mods at this time. I don't think they ever said there would be no mods at all though. Storage wouldn't be the issue stopping them since Nintendo is clearly open with 3rd parties requiring extra storage for their games and its on the owner to buy that. I wouldn't be surprised if the game does well that we end up getting them in the Switch version.

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting, not because I'm not okay paying full price (never played Skyrim before), but because I have no time to play it, I have 3 other Switch games to finish and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (sequel to one of my favourite games ever) is out next month.

Switch staph (but don't).

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I would say Skyrim is a game that can easily command that price due to the amount of content you're getting. You'll certainly get your monies worth several times over.

Going with the physical version myself.

This is the Special Edition version (this can easily be seen by comparing footage of the Switch version with the special edition and comparing them with the original vanilla version) with all the official expansions. It's not even up for debate anymore.
Sorry, when i said vanilla, I meant no mods, not 'non remastered'

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
Any news on load times? I plan to buy it digital. I have bad memories of my 360 version. I switched to PC and never looked back so I'm somewhat skeptical.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just surprised people are still willing to buy a 6 year old game at full price is all.
I'm shameless about this lol. I'm willing to buy it at full price because I'm going to more than get my money's worth (this is after buying it three other times at full price lol, I have issues send help pls)

Using multiple alt accounts
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
I'm shameless about this lol. I'm willing to buy it at full price because I'm going to more than get my money's worth (this is after buying it three other times at full price lol, I have issues send help pls)
I bought the original game on PC for around 20/30 dollars a year after it came out on PC, then last year I got a free upgrade to the remastered version, pretty good deal!

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the original game on PC for around 20/30 dollars a year after it came out on PC, then last year I got a free upgrade to the remastered version, pretty good deal!
Yeah I got the update for my PC version last year too but since I'm on a Mac now it was pointless to me. So I bought it on PS4 instead.

moeman

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any QOL mods that are absolutely necessary for this game which would supercede any of the portability benefits of the switch version? Never played this game but im pretty excited for the switch version.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any QOL mods that are absolutely necessary for this game which would supercede any of the portability benefits of the switch version? Never played this game but im pretty excited for the switch version.
I've been able to love and enjoy it w/o mods for six years now. Mods inarguably make the game better, but the core game is fantastic, and there is no reason for you to pass up on it.