• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you like the new Slack logo?

• Yes

Votes: 102 24.6%
  • No

Votes: 258 62.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 55 13.3%

• Total voters

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slack

Here is a gif of the old to new logo

2019-01_BrandRefresh_Old-to-New-Final.gif

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
The hashtag was simpler and made more sense. All they needed to do was fix the colors. What is this convoluted, contrived symbol?

DarkSora

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
My job is starting to use slack. Is it basically just a job messaging tool?

We also use Skype for our chats but don't really see the difference.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
That looks like a logo for some Google side project that will be shut down in a few years.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
I voted "undecided", but only because there is no option for "Either or - I don't care"

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I didn't know what it was, I would've believed it to be the new 4chan logo before even guessing it would've been a new Slack logo.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017

Slack is similar to Microsoft Teams more than Skype.

The difference is you can create different groups (useful if you work in different projects), broadcast messages, have a bot that automates the creation of meetings, and many more things.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't we already have a thread about this?

Anyway, terrible! Terrible, terrible work. Dramatically worse than the original.

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
By comparison, I'll choose the old design. I have to use this shit all the time. I want that old thang back.

It just looks like a mess. At least it was something with the # before.

Edit: My update is pending for my phone app with the new logo. I'm just going to have to get used to seeing it, and this honestly isn't a "me no like change" situation. I just dislike the design choice in general.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I get where they're coming from with the extra colors in the hashtag complicating the design and it not fitting well onto certain backgrounds, but it had an actual connection to a part of the service (# for channel names) whereas this just makes me think of a dish soap company. The Accidental Swastika is unfortunate too, surprised nobody caught that during the design phase.

Round is good and cute (even if I don't think 'cute' is part of Slack's overall brand being what it is) but it probably could have used another pass before being finalized? The actual shape of it is just so much more complex.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I swear to God some of you guys have a bigger fixation with swastikas than actual literal nazis.

Another new logo, another unanimous and perplexing hatred towards it.

Looks more simple than the old one to me.
One is a hashtag, a form created by four lines, its superimposed colours clearly defined in a natural way that makes sense to our brain.

The other is a spotch of graphic design syphilis.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people are seeing a swastika... a swastika points towards the opposite side though.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Meh. I can understand the idea of getting away with the hashtag because fuck hashtags. But the result is quite ugly.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017

Basically like Skype/Discord, but for work applications.

I use Skype at work, but have used Slack in the past. Slack does a better job of post history and group discussion.

Overall, I don't understand why it's so big.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people are seeing a swastika... a swastika points towards the opposite side though.
Yeah.. even the Neo Nazis in the US often use it wrong. Kinda funny.
Although swastikas originally (before the nazis started using them) were used in both directions, i believe.

Logo is better. Speech bubbles and stuff.

Last edited: