• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sra52i

" I deserved more. I deserve more. So I'm not sure why I'M sorry, but I'm sorry, D1. But you're not the man who everyone thought you were. "

D1's response

Response:

EDIT: Twitlonger a bit broken currently, a user in the comments has the post screenshotted (multiple tweets):

More info regarding D1 and other FGC/Smash community members.

Threads regarding other accusations happening in the Smash scene:

Smash player Puppeh comes out about his sexual abuse by player Cinnpie, when he was 14 and she was 24

Smash player Nairo had sexual relationship with CaptainZack when he was 20 and Zack was 15

Regarding Smash Commentator Keitaro

Keitaro admitting to having sex with a drunk 16 year old

Cinnpie, Nairo, now D1.

I have no words. I'm heartbroken and hope for the best for those coming out.

Last edited:

Scubdi

Jan 21, 2020
How damn hard can it be to be a decent human. The Smash community seems to be rotten to the very core (atleast the public faces of the community are). This is beyond disgusting and paying to remove evidence is just vile.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I LOVE Super Smash Brothers, but I'm glad I never got associated with the crowd around it. Always felt gross, glad I went with my gut and just played with friends.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
How the fuck is this shit so common, jesus.

Last few weeks have been a real eye-opener.

nasuknight

Nov 2, 2017

There's a reason why global policies such as Anti-Human Trafficking, Anti-Corruption, Modern Slavery, etc. are still heavily mandated & regulated on an annual scale with incredibly large penalties associated against them. The fight for human rights & anti-sexual violence is a 24/7 endeavor - it's exhausting to even have the bravery to speak up, let alone blindly hope that unwavering support will follow it.

Humanity can achieve so much greatness, but it can also have many deep pockets of cesspool insanity dwelling within its society.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus they were all just waiting for that one person to speak up weren't they?

Flush em all out.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Fucking hell, just start anew, burn it all down, there is no saving it. How many more stories are we going to hear by tomorrow, the next day, next week? It's like a revolving door of putrid garbage with each new victim coming out.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell, just start anew, burn it all down, there is no saving it. How many more stories are we going to hear by tomorrow, the next day, week? It's like a revolving door of putrid garbage with each new victim coming out.

I believe we should seriously consider (as others suggested) having a central thread specifically dedicated to all the sexual harassment / abuse accusations popping up with constant thread title updates and threadmarks to let everyone keep up with what's going on.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
After all how much the Smash community has shown its ass over the years, these stories are in some ways...not surprising? There's toxicity in the FGC in general that sorely needs rooting out, but it seems to be next level in the Smash community. I'm sure there was even a thread ages ago where the OP was asking why Smash in particular attracts so many shit people.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm honestly starting to lose track of all the shit coming out tonight. If I'm looking at this correctly, Keitaro was like 30 when this happened?

Oct 25, 2017
I believe we should seriously consider (as others suggested) having a central thread specifically dedicated to all the sexual harassment / abuse accusations popping up with constant thread title updates and threadmarks to let everyone keep up with what's going on.

It would be far too easy to miss allegations at the rate we're seeing them come out, and none of them would have the room to breathe and be discussed if they were forced into one topic.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
We should, it's just very tiring opening ERA and seeing yet another victim of assault/abuse. I'm going to take a break from ERA and try and finish TLoU2 later today and tomorrow, but playing a game like that surely isn't going to help matters. Humanity was a mistake, my gosh.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

We probably need both, I fear only having a central thread would hide a lot of accusations if they keep appearing.

Said it before and said it again, Smash tourneys, FGC and E-Sports as a whole need a huge shakedown, age brackets, proper checks to the participants, minors acompanied with parents or autorized tutors, enough of this sleeping together and partying at the hotel...

We either take it seriously and with that, introduce the required regulations, or just burn it all down forever. Shit's not worth the amount of victims that are left behind and just only pointing at the current offenders isn't enough to prevent future offenders. This needs to change.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I used to follow and love his commentary in tournaments.

This is shocking and majorly disappointing.

Honestly just saddened by this wave of accusations this past few weeks.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
We probably need both, I fear only having a central thread would hide a lot of accusations if they keep appearing.

Said it before and said it again, Smash tourneys, FGC and E-Sports as a whole need a huge shakedown, age brackets, proper checks to the participants, minors acompanied with parents or autorized tutors, enough of this sleeping together and partying at the hotel...

We either take it seriously and with that, introduce the required regulations, or just burn it all down forever. Shit's not worth the amount of victims that are left behind and just only pointing at the current offenders isn't enough to prevent future offenders. This needs to change.

I'm fine with both as well.

EDIT: Going a bit more in-depth considering a few other answers came up. I completely understand that people fear how singular cases might be overshadowed is there's just a singular thread dealing with all the cases. Letting cases being ignored was not my intention when I thought about the potential for a central thread (so much that I said that its thread title should be constantly updated + threadmarks), but you're right. So yeah, again...I'm fine with having both a singular general thread and cases-specific threads. The singular thread might also fulfill archiving-purposes, as well as highlighting new cases coming up before specific threads on them are created.

Last edited:

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR

I don't agree. Thread titles get noticed and every single one of these fools need to be HIGHLIGHTED

OP
OP
The_Strokes

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México

This would be a good idea, in the mean time I linked the other threads regarding the Smash community.

But yeah, as many have pointed out, it might dilute the conversation.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
No, we should ABSOLUTELY NOT have a central OT for this stuff. That's a horrible suggestion.

Each situation deserves to be heard in full.

Oct 27, 2017

www.reddit.com

r/smashbros - Summary of sexual and non-sexual allegations Megathread

14,730 votes and 5,083 comments so far on Reddit

It's absolutely devastating. I can't understand how this was so normalized. The tournament scene seems to be rotten to the very core.

Keitaro admitting to having sex with a drunk 16 year old

Motherfucker got a 16-year-old drunk then raped her. His narrative is very detailed until the moment that he, the adult, needs to act like an adult. Fuck him. I hope there are legal consequences for his actions.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Read it all. Glad she's at least getting some peace of mind from speaking out.

This dude along with Prog pretty much got me to start watching competitive stuff and try it out myself.
When Etika died he was one of the few online personalities who was out there showing he cared since he knew him, it helped me out with that. I was pretty much a casual follower of him/liked him genuinely so this is like so, so horrible to go from 'hey pretty nice/cool guy' to 'utter scum' on a dime like that.

Fuck man I literally went to Sandstorm, a tournament in AZ and saw D1 during a break sitting across from Leffen and Toph during a lunch break. I nearly forgot. FFS.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
D1????

MEGAMAN! dude? I'm actually depressed now.

I just woke up from a nightmare to an actual one.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not D1 as well? What the fuck, I loved his material.

Well hope karma backs around for him now, absolutely disgusting behaviour and to brag about it as well.

EDIT:
D1????

MEGAMAN! dude? I'm actually depressed now.

I just woke up from a nightmare to an actual one.

I just need an alternate timeline to kick in now, one where these fuckers listened to their Jiminy Cricket and not rape or abuse anyone.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that we have a pandemic right now, because there won't be any tournaments to distract everyone from the shit that is going on.
Get those fuckers out

OP
OP
The_Strokes

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Void is streaming right now, he's absolutely devastated trying to process everything. He was very close with Nairo, D1, and Keitaro.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
No, we should ABSOLUTELY NOT have a central OT for this stuff. That's a horrible suggestion.

Each situation deserves to be heard in full.

Maybe a good compromised would be a stickied thread operated by the mod/admin team that just gives links to the various accusation threads. That way every allegation can be heard in full, but people who are looking for the full list have an easy link to find everything that's happened.