• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Motherfucker got a 16-year-old drunk then raped her. His narrative is very detailed until the moment that he, the adult, needs to act like an adult. Fuck him. I hope there are legal consequences for his actions.

Yep, and how the hell do you not see the penetration coming at a goddamn pool?

"She grabbed my dick, put it inside of her, and before I knew what was going on, I was inside of her! Oh well, I had to finish what she started!"

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
My friend it turns out was someone called out in the StarCraft community and he'd been using emotional blackmail to essentially guilt trip women into having sex with him - I've cut him out from my life completely but it seems no matter where you go or what you do - especially in places with lots of exposure to the outside world (esports the big target currently, but also in the film and music industry and what not) it feels like the creeps and the scumbags are the ones that rise to the top and they end up abusing their position more often than not.

We believe as humans we're better than this, but at a deep emotional level humans seem to be awful. Society and technology may have moved forward but we're still doing the same barbaric shit we were doing 1000s of years ago, just people have got much better at hiding it. Fuck D1 and all the other people who have hurt people, it sickens me to know that they've been making a ton of money from their positions that they've been abusing to hurt people.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keitaro too, I see him in a lot of Civilianis' YT sketches.

I hope the victims keep coming forward but not sure how much more of this I can take. Might take a break from ERA becuase this is getting a bit overwhelming now.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
D1 and Prog were, alongside Toph and Scar, the dynamic-melee commentator duo. WTF

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
Unfortunately, this shit is more common than you think. Some people have stories that still have not come out, because they don't want to talk about it. It eats you up inside, you are angry constantly. Take your anger out on the wrong person, become distant. Ect.. Some people eventually learn to move on, others have it fester like an infection that grows with time.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I didn't thought that the image of the competitive smash community would go from "they don't take showers" to "they're rapists, abusers, pedophiles".
That community seem rotten as fuck.

OP
OP
The_Strokes

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
Coney and TK are also streaming, just sharing their thoughts for those interested.

Keitaro too, I see him in a lot of Civilianis' YT sketches.

I hope the victims keep coming forward but not sure how much more of this I can take. Might take a break from ERA becuase this is getting a bit overwhelming now.

Regarding Cilvanis and the crew, apparently they all knew about Keitaro and decided to not speak about it to protect him

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
Unfortunately, this shit is more common than you think. Some people have stories that still have not come out, because they don't want to talk about it. It eats you up inside, you are angry constantly. Take your anger out on the wrong person, become distant. Ect.. Some people eventually learn to move on, others have it fester like an infection that grows with time.

I think you're right. Actually, this is a problem in every industry.
You'd think they would all know that rape is wrong, but apparently they need to be monitored closely and educated on how to treat women.

This will become a huge rebuilding project, with some kind of regulations board

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coney and TK are also streaming, just sharing their thoughts for those interested.

Regarding Cilvanis and the crew, apparently they all knew about Keitaro and decided to not speak about it to protect him

There it is. I actually wanted to ask here if Cilvanis knew about this. That's sad, I liked his content, but bye bitch.

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The last few weeks have been pretty rough, but I'm glad people are getting the strength and courage to speak.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man this sucks. And you know there's still more. It's safe to say competitive smash as we knew it is over. The pandemic was the first blow and this will be just as devastating. Hopefully the scene rebuilds and can be a much better place moving forward.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
D1's last tweet had a lot of people in his replies begging him to save the community before this dropped.

Dam.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Just finished reading. This happened in 2018, in California... and he literally just confessed to the entire thing. He's likely going to prison for a looooong time. No statute of limitations to "protect" him here.

larryfox

Apr 27, 2020
So was the smash community filled with people of all ages interacting with each other and built on trust that no one was a pedophile? I'm not trying to sound insensitive or like I'm pointing out the obvious dangers like an asshole. These type of communities where adults and children play games together in person aren't something I ever thought about it.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished reading. This happened in 2018, in California... and he literally just confessed to the entire thing. He's likely going to prison for a looooong time. No statute of limitations to "protect" him here.
A lot of people probably got themselves in big legal trouble on Twitter tonight

May 25, 2019
London
So was the smash community filled with people of all ages interacting with each other and built on trust that no one was a pedophile? I'm not trying to sound insensitive or like I'm pointing out the obvious dangers like an asshole. These type of communities where adults and children play games together in person aren't something I ever thought about it.

I feel like there's been this lowkey acceptance and normalization of 20 and 30 year olds hanging out with teenagers because they are in the same game community or like the same game. It's still not okay. If I was at a party where underage kids were drinking, I would be deeply disturbed (not about the drinking per se, but the age disparity and power dynamics potentially at play) and try to remove myself from the situation immediately. And if the answer is that you're the only person your age at the party/situation, then do some self-reflection about why that is and make some changes.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
The fuck at Keitaro's apology. Jesus, that's parody level "I don't want this but I can't stop it" absolvement of responsibility.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah

Wait.

So Tweek knew about 2 counts of rape of a minor in the Smash scene by prominent community figures (Keitaro and Nairo) and choose to be silent about BOTH of them?

Fuck this guy.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what statutory laws are but isn't this... basically admitting to a crime on Twitter?

The under age drinking makes it murky, but depending on the state this occurred this might not be illegal. There are entire countries where this isn't illegal. Disgusting, I know.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus Christ the Smash community really is rancid, it's a shame too cause I love competitive Smash and now I'm just completely turned off from the whole thing. Burn it all down and start over.

shadoclone

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait.

So Tweek knew about 2 counts of rape of a minor in the Smash scene by prominent community figures (Keitaro and Nairo) and choose to be silent about BOTH of them?

Fuck this guy.
I'm seeing way too many people with this sentiment, though I can't exactly blame it because everyone's angry and confused. However When a victim confides in you it is generally not your place to speak for them unless they want you to. As easy as it is to say "oh they knew and didn't say anything", saying something against the wishes of the victim is incredibly disrespectful. Obviously it depends on who you are trying to protect, anyone who kept quiet to defend the abusers absolutely fuck them, but anyone who kept quiet to protect the victims, they aren't the bad guys. It's so easy to say this kinda thing in hindsight and from outside looking in, but it's absolutely not that simple in most cases when you are in that position.

I dunno it's just a lot right now.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing way too many people with this sentiment, though I can't exactly blame it because everyone's angry and confused. However When a victim confides in you it is generally not your place to speak for them unless they want you to. As easy as it is to say "oh they knew and didn't say anything", saying something against the wishes of the victim is incredibly disrespectful. Obviously it depends on who you are trying to protect, anyone who kept quiet to defend the abusers absolutely fuck them, but anyone who kept quiet to protect the victims, they aren't the bad guys. It's so easy to say this kinda thing in hindsight and from outside looking in, but it's absolutely not that simple in most cases when you are in that position.

plus if Tweek said something and Nario had Zack deny it like earlier Tweek would have been finitio

that being said I would have been dropping hints like mad and no palling around with that guy So I don't think he is entirety blameless either

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017

I've heard this one a few times recently, and I get it, but man there has to be a place people can lend their voices to these things. FGC in general really needs some sort of hotline I think.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
You know that feeling when there's SO MUCH SHIT going on at the same you can't find the words to describe how you feel. Yeah, that's me right now.

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
Wow @ all those people praising him for being honest. For what? Admitting he had sex with. drunk 16 year old at the age of 30???

jfc
Right? đź’€

"I raped a drunk 16 year old when I was 30."
"Massive respect for the honesty and bravery you're displaying by admitting to this ♥️♥️"

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
shoot once this reaches Nintendo, they might actually do that

Saddest part is that it was hard work to even get to this point

Nintendo has every right to whip out that DCMA hammer and go to town. Between Splatoon and Smash who wants their work to be connected to predators?

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
Keitaro's "apology" tweet is pathetic

Ctrl + f she

fuck outta here with that bullshit.