• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
devil's third is in the same place as jfg and blast corps also
to my knowledge there's not a spirit or song associated with it

I looked through the list of Spirits, and there didn't seem to be any from Devil's Third. Given that Valhalla published the PC version of the multiplayer mode by themselves, I'd say Nintendo either never owned (or just gave back) Devil's Third to them, so it makes sense that it doesn't have anything. Falls in line with the idea of the team making a big list of IP that they believe Nintendo owned, taking out the ones they didn't after further research.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad they went with original Rondo of Blood Richter instead of Ayami Kojima's design. I love her art, but I feel like she went too far in making him a bishounen instead of embracing the goofiness of the character.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised 8 Ice Climbers runs just fine with zero hiccups. It's a fucking clusterfuck but it works. It's essentially 16 players. :p

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Custom balance is the handicap system in this game, has nothing to do with rage. I don't think rage is a toggle anywhere apart from in the training mode.

Seems odd to me that they would make a Rage toggle in training mode, but not in the actual game....especially given all of the other customization options.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad they went with original Rondo of Blood Richter instead of Ayami Kojima's design. I love her art, but I feel like she went too far in making him a bishounen instead of embracing the goofiness of the character.

I think it would've been appropriate for Victorian Pimp Richter to be an alt costume, but yeah. OG Rondo Richter is the better choice for his representation in Smash. You never actually get to PLAY as Pimp Richter in anything but the Saturn port, and even when you fight him in the PS1 version he uses his original Rondo sprite.

I think it makes sense as a representation of Richter aging and succumbing to Shaft's influence, but it's not a good core look for him.

Mipmap

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
I'm surprised 8 Ice Climbers runs just fine with zero hiccups. It's a fucking clusterfuck but it works. It's essentially 16 players. :p
The one video I saw of 8 Ice Climbers looked like it took an FPS hit. The streamer said it ran around 40FPS. Also I heard second-hand that someone did 8 Ice Climbers on Fountain of Dreams and the water reflections were turned off. Still super impressive though.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I love both simons equally, and wanted em both but getting richter is a better scenario

But I'm still salty we have a simon palette thats like, almost the chronicles colours but the hair is off and it has random purple in it. Like why

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that we got 80s macho Simon Belmont because he looks pretty awesome with Conan-ish design and also we are lacking a character with 80s Macho Era design which was quite popular in the west. He just brought those style into Smash Bros perfectly.

Edited: Wait, we aren't in discussion thread so sorry about derailing the conversation.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
If we get more Castlevania characters in the future, I hope none of them are Belmonts. The priority list should be

Alucard
Maria Renard (Rondo design)
Soma Cruz
Kid Dracula

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
How come we didn't find evidence for a new Multi Man in the datamine if the newest spoiler is true? I doubt it is.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't suppose there's a place that compiles the combos people have been showing off recently? Like the puff pound to down air to rest combo? Don't really care about WoL at all, but I need to see some game play lol

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, what if, since next year is Mother 3's 30's anniversary, they announce Porky as a DLC character alongside the release of Mother 3?