• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I've got my Savi's lightsaber appointment at 9:50 tonight.

Walked through Galaxy's Edge already and was really impressed, looks great!

The Legacy lightsabers are way larger than I thought they'd be. And it sucks they require you buy a Holocron to get another color crystal.
I'm thinking I'll do that and then try to sell the Holocron.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying my best to make a Fuzzy Tauntaun at home... the actual drink is easy... the foam is really confusing me.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Just got back home from Disneyland.

Galaxy's Edge is seriously impressive, and I'm sad I didn't have a lot more time to explore it (didn't get to do the Cantina, Millennium Falcon Ride, check out Droid depot, or see many of the shops). The details is crazy and it's far enough from everything else in the park that it's really immersive with the alien animal noises they pump through speakers and stuff like that.
The Falcon ride not having a fast pass option sucked though, the line was over an hour all day.

Nearly missed my reservation for the Savi's lightsaber which was stressful as hell. We were eating in downtown Disney and left with like 30 minutes to get to Galaxy's Edge, but the line to get I side the park was MASSIVE and they weren't letting anyone in for like 10-20 minutes.
Then when we did get in it was a nightmare because there were crowds of people exiting the park, crowds of people going to some nighttime event, some areas were closed off, etc.

Thankfully we found someone to radio over to Savi's that we'd be late so I didn't have to be charged $200 for not showing up. We managed to get there RIGHT when they were letting my group in.

Actually building the Saber was pretty fun. Cheesy, but you're building a toy lightsaber so it should have some pomp and circumstance.
Also bought another crystal from Dok Ondar's, but it sucks you are forced to buy a Holocron to get one. I might just try selling the Holocron since I have no interest in it.
Managed to not have too bad of an issue with aligning the pieces when screwed in, might add some plumbers tape to one piece to line it up slightly better, but I'm happy with it.

Thought about getting a Legacy Lightsaber too (I obsessed over them for weeks if not months when Galaxy's Edge first opened), but in person they're so large that they seem a little goofy looking IMO.
I know they have to make them a certain width to fit the removable blades, and they are high quality, but it makes quite a lot of them look like 50% too thick.
Savi's I can understand being thick since they're custom pieces around the inner tube part, but Kylo Ren's or Mace Windu's being hard to wrap my fingers all the way around doesn't look or feel right to me.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's changed but when I went when GE just opened they were $50 each. And the kyber crystals were $13

There was a brief time when they were low on crystals that one was included in a Holocron purchase but you can only choose blue or red. But that was the only way to get them outside of Savi's so not sure if they still do that

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
There was a brief time when they were low on crystals that one was included in a Holocron purchase but you can only choose blue or red. But that was the only way to get them outside of Savi's so not sure if they still do that

They restocked them all in dok ondars last week. But they are keeping them behind the register now since the mess the black kyber caused.

On a side note, I heard they made it easier to find the black one now

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's changed but when I went when GE just opened they were $50 each. And the kyber crystals were $13
These are still the prices as far as I know. And yeah you no longer need to purchase a holocron for a kyber crystal. I need to drop in and grab a white one at some point.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any news or buzz surrounding the opening of the Disneyworld location? It opens up tomorrow!

Disney did a livestream, though with notably less effort and starpower than the California park got:

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rise of the Resistance confirmed to open on December 5 for Orlando's Hollywood Studios.

Not sure if the attraction has been given a date for Anaheim.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man, that crowd this morning waiting at the entrance to Galaxy's Edge at WDW. Wish I was there/glad I'm not there.

Oct 25, 2017
As a WDW passholder, I'm feeling pretty good about my decision to go to Disneyland before the annual pass ban lifted.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about it but couldn't make it work. Are you like me an out of town WDW passholder unable to make use of the passholder previews? I have cousins in Orlando that went and I was super jealous.
Yeah I almost didn't go to Disneyland because I received the WDW preview email a few weeks before my California trip but I decided to keep it. I'm glad I did. It was that kind of busy that was completely manageable. Did Saavi's, Droid Depot, Oga's twice, Smugglers Run a bunch of times, and ate damn near everything GE had to offer over the course of a few days. It was a pleasant experience aside from the merch shortages. It was kind of obvious that a lot of the popular stuff was being held for WDW opening.

I ended up upgrading my ticket to a Flex annual pass so I'll probably end up seeing RotR on the west coast before going back to WDW. Maybe.

tareqsalah

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
So im planning on going to magic kingdom in october. Hopefully starwars would cause magic kingdom to be a little empty.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Glad to see we've got another no hype failure on our hands. I'm making 20 YouTube videos as we speak.

(I'm going after New year's so I hope it's not a complete nightmare then)

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So much for learning from Disneyland's problems

tenor.gif

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Have a friend there who was there at 3am to get in line and it was nuts already. Friggin FL, it's 3am and everyone is still complaining about how crazy hot and humid it is. It's gonna be a brutal day at the park once the sun is high

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
It certainly is doing that today - effects down the road will be interesting to watch.

It's thursday and school is back around the country, MK would not be busy today either way. The weekend is gonna be the big one, and I can imagine we will see HS reaching capacity and closing this weekend.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm waiting to see how the lines are during the 6-9 EMH where it's only resort guests are to decide how my Hollywood Studios days in 2 weeks will look.

Line should be much shorter at that point.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I'm waiting to see how the lines are during the 6-9 EMH where it's only resort guests are to decide how my Hollywood Studios days in 2 weeks will look.

Line should be much shorter at that point.

The lines at the much smaller Avatar land at AK didn't die down for months. The rides had regular waits of 240+ mins for over 6 months. GE is going to be insane for a long while.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The lines at the much smaller Avatar land at AK didn't die down for months. The rides had regular waits of 240+ mins for over 6 months. GE is going to be insane for a long while.

Toy Story Midway Mania at Hollywood Studios had two hour lines years after launch and apparently Pandora is still crazy too.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

They'll be having the boarding groups like Disneyland had for Disneyworld, so that should keep crowds down in that area. Savi/Droid/Oga's reservations have already been taken for first 6 weeks or so (got mine set!). Riding Smugglers is only thing I'm looking to do in the 6-9am time, and hopefully when it's resort guests only, it'll be ~30 min or so. Get that ride done, then don't need to be in the land til reservations come up.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
They'll be having the boarding groups like Disneyland had for Disneyworld, so that should keep crowds down in that area. Savi/Droid/Oga's reservations have already been taken for first 6 weeks or so (got mine set!). Riding Smugglers is only thing I'm looking to do in the 6-9am time, and hopefully when it's resort guests only, it'll be ~30 min or so. Get that ride done, then don't need to be in the land til reservations come up.

The reservation system will help you probably then, the public is screwed tho

Toy Story Midway Mania at Hollywood Studios had two hour lines years after launch and apparently Pandora is still crazy too.

Yea it took me forever to get on Toy Story cause it had huge waits forever. The Frozen ride at Epcot on weekends still reached several hr waits. Pandora more than a year after it opened would still get up 3-4 hr waits.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's thursday and school is back around the country, MK would not be busy today either way. The weekend is gonna be the big one, and I can imagine we will see HS reaching capacity and closing this weekend.

Reports from people who know exactly what to expect have remarked about the low attendance of MK this morning when it opened.

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have fun guys, it's seriously immersive and the novelty is higher even more so than any other lands at Disney.

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is it compared to potter at Universal? in immersion.

Actually depends on what Disney completed for their app if you want more interaction with the land. The hacking stuff doesn't go anywhere at Disneyland but potentially it's supposed to build reputation where cast members can custom interact with you. Since that not happening yet, I would say its equal.

But seeing Rey and Chewbacca randomly walking around is a treat.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Falcon is def not worth a 5 hour wait. It's fun but it's still just a simulator with QTEs. The line was better. Also The bar is where it's at though. Gonna be a long wait for December for Rise

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Falcon is def not worth a 5 hour wait. It's fun but it's still just a simulator with QTEs. The line was better. Also The bar is where it's at though. Gonna be a long wait for December for Rise
Yeah, I was at Disneyland for a day about a week ago and I didn't want to even spend an hour in line for it, too much other stuff to do and see.

Most of the day it was 100+ minutes, but I think it got down to an hour a couple of times.
Stupid that it didn't have Fastpass enabled for it.

Elderly Parrot

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Yeah, I was at Disneyland for a day about a week ago and I didn't want to even spend an hour in line for it, too much other stuff to do and see.

Most of the day it was 100+ minutes, but I think it got down to an hour a couple of times.
Stupid that it didn't have Fastpass enabled for it.
True. I didn't even bother going to Disneyland when I was in California bc the lines. I wanna go next year though. I lucked and went to the cast member preview in Orlando but really the coolest part was walking into the millennium falcon and seeing the chess table area and what not

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
True. I didn't even bother going to Disneyland when I was in California bc the lines. I wanna go next year though. I lucked and went to the cast member preview in Orlando but really the coolest part was walking into the millennium falcon and seeing the chess table area and what not
With Fastpass it was manageable for my fiancé and I.

We went on a busy day but we got to fast pass most of our rides (Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Small World, Splash Mountain, and a few others), and then just did shorter line rides while we waited for our reservation window to open (Alice teacups, toads wild ride, etc.) only long 40minute wait we did was for Haunted Mansion.

It was better when we went in February since it was way less busy (and cooler) and barely had to wait in any lines (except for Indiana Jones breaking down for a bit).

Elderly Parrot

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
With Fastpass it was manageable for my fiancé and I.

We went on a busy day but we got to fast pass most of our rides (Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Small World, Splash Mountain, and a few others), and then just did shorter line rides while we waited for our reservation window to open (Alice teacups, toads wild ride, etc.) only long 40minute wait we did was for Haunted Mansion.

It was better when we went in February since it was way less busy (and cooler) and barely had to wait in any lines (except for Indiana Jones breaking down for a bit).
That sounds so fun yeah I need to go especially if I can just game the fast pass system like here. Universal Los Angeles had like nothing compared to Orlando besides the cool back tour lot

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So they didn't do the reservation system for WDW???

They do have reservations for Savi, Oga's, and Droid Depot. They also have boarding pass running, but at 6am that wasn't used yet. As with Disneyland (for the first few days with it), morning always had the longest line and then as the morning rush left the place was well regulated.

tareqsalah

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It certainly is doing that today - effects down the road will be interesting to watch.
It's definitely empty right now. We're heading to MK since our GE reservation is for tomorrow and it looks like nearly everything is 5 minutes except for Mine Train which is still only 40
Not to turn this into a compla8nt about disney parks but man i wish they would add something new to magic kingdom. I literally just going to see the fireworks show.
Its my first time going there and i think i outgrew the park.