• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really the UB 5? I thought it's called UB 2019, leaving the option open for a "real" 5.0 to release later down the line (yeah, I'm also not a big fan of the new one. I even like the colors, but the cage and especially the heelcup are not my taste).

I guess I'm a Sneakerhead now haha! Got my first pair of UBs this year, the 4.0 Multicolor NYC. Loved them so much that I ordered my second pair during Black Friday week, a white 4.0 uncaged model. I was unsure about it from the pictures, but in reality they look great. Surprisingly I pretty much like caged and uncaged the same now. A couple weeks ago I couldn't see myself ever ordering an uncaged UB lol.

Now I even got my first pair of AJ1s! I was really interested in the Spidey version and ordered a regular red/black AJ1 model to try them for my size. Sent these back, participated in like 5 raffles for the Spidey-1s and hit up the Sneakrs app this morning. I wasn't very hopeful, and indeed I missed out in the app. But 2 hours later I got the notification that I won a raffle, super stoked. I immediately ordered my pair and they are even on schedule to arrive tomorrow, couldn't be more excited :)
Aw yeah boi

Oct 26, 2017
Is it really the UB 5? I thought it's called UB 2019, leaving the option open for a "real" 5.0 to release later down the line (yeah, I'm also not a big fan of the new one. I even like the colors, but the cage and especially the heelcup are not my taste).

I guess I'm a Sneakerhead now haha! Got my first pair of UBs this year, the 4.0 Multicolor NYC. Loved them so much that I ordered my second pair during Black Friday week, a white 4.0 uncaged model. I was unsure about it from the pictures, but in reality they look great. Surprisingly I pretty much like caged and uncaged the same now. A couple weeks ago I couldn't see myself ever ordering an uncaged UB lol.

Now I even got my first pair of AJ1s! I was really interested in the Spidey version and ordered a regular red/black AJ1 model to try them for my size. Sent these back, participated in like 5 raffles for the Spidey-1s and hit up the Sneakrs app this morning. I wasn't very hopeful, and indeed I missed out in the app. But 2 hours later I got the notification that I won a raffle, super stoked. I immediately ordered my pair and they are even on schedule to arrive tomorrow, couldn't be more excited :)

I call it the 5 since this is usually the timeframe that they start releasing a new UltraBoost, plus there's enough of continuity in design language (even if it looks horrid in the new silhouette...) that it's another product in the same lineage. It's possible that things would change, or maybe Adidas quietly separates the UB2019 as its own thing due to the negative initial impressions. You did good with the 4.0 selections. I'm still deciding on whether I want to cop the City Lights multicolor, the Spearmint multicolor, or the white-base multicolor (by far my favourite of the three).

That ub2019 could be great with a better CW IMO

That cage just screws everything up. Like even with basic and traditional colourways, it does nothing.

fullsizeoutput_463.jpeg

It has the feeling of an incomplete prototype as opposed to a stylish sneaker.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta give those Adidas designers credit though. Just when you thought the Ultra Boost couldn't get any worse, bam!

It does. 👏

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted.

Really wanted the Mochas a wasn't taking any chances. I've won 1 too many raffles for these.

Fuck

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted.

Really wanted the Mochas a wasn't taking any chances. I've won 1 too many raffles for these.

Fuck
Im so glad i didnt win the raffle on SNS for NYC store pick-up. Cause now it seems very available and i think i can safely get my pair on SNKRS with my $140 in Nike Gift cards.

We'll see in 5min.

Edit: Got it for $63 after using my GCs.

Last edited:

gir

Oct 25, 2017
I call it the 5 since this is usually the timeframe that they start releasing a new UltraBoost, plus there's enough of continuity in design language (even if it looks horrid in the new silhouette...) that it's another product in the same lineage. It's possible that things would change, or maybe Adidas quietly separates the UB2019 as its own thing due to the negative initial impressions. You did good with the 4.0 selections. I'm still deciding on whether I want to cop the City Lights multicolor, the Spearmint multicolor, or the white-base multicolor (by far my favourite of the three).

That cage just screws everything up. Like even with basic and traditional colourways, it does nothing.

fullsizeoutput_463.jpeg

It has the feeling of an incomplete prototype as opposed to a stylish sneaker.
Nah liking that CW more than the OG one. 20% more boost, wonder how they feel on foot

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This hype scarcity shit getting real old. I woke up at 7am to enter a fruitless draw for those FOG Nike's and was mad for a sec when I didn't win... then I realized they got me out here getting over not being able to spend $300+ on a shoe I'll probably barely wear ( I don't resell) that's only gonna be available for like $900 from now on. Im not about that life, moment of clarity I guess.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
This hype scarcity shit getting real old. I woke up at 7am to enter a fruitless draw for those FOG Nike's and was mad for a sec when I didn't win... then I realized they got me out here getting over not being able to spend $300+ on a shoe I'll probably barely wear ( I don't resell) that's only gonna be available for like $900 from now on. Im not about that life, moment of clarity I guess.
cya dude, was nice knowin ya

spindashing

Oct 25, 2017
Queens, New York
Love my SB Dunk High Violets and these look great too. SB Dunks don't usually sell out right? I was thinking about picking these up later.
I have a feeling that hypebeasts will eat this release up, and I'm bracing myself for the L already.

Same. If you're a size 6 just square up right now. 😉 Seriously though, I'm surprised they aren't on a draw.
Good luck!!! If anyone's gunning for a 10.5, mail them to me to hold for you.

Oct 25, 2017
So I think a Finish Line employee my be trying to steal my returned order. I went in this morning to return the extra pair of Jordan 11's I got this week. I order 2 pairs at different sizes to make sure I got one that fit.

Anyway the guy printed out a shipping label and said he will ship it back to the warehouse. After that receive the order I will get the refund. He never swiped my card that I used for the order. I didn't really think about it until I got home and I actually have a copy of the shipping label. He could easily take the item and never ship it and then I would be screwed.

Has anyone returned shoes back to Finish Line and had them do this?

Edit: went back to the store and had them pull the shoes. Then they refunded med immediately. Not sure why they couldn't have done this before. Unless it goes against that stores numbers and they don't want that ding on their record.

Last edited:

gir

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I still love and will continue to love sneakers. Just not hyped for things anymore that 9/10x see you get bent over a barrel by companies and resellers
Fuck limited stuff, do what i do. Unless i can try the silhouette on foot in a store, even in a different CW, i dont buy them anymore. Buying runners is meant to be fun, not a fucking chore

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
No Purple Lobster for me. Starting this Monday with another fine L.

Last edited:

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to get the AJ1 Origins this weekend. I had to flip the 2nd pair of Concords I ended up getting.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Impulse bought Smash on Sunday and decided not to even try for the purple lobsters. Looks like I would have started the week off with an L.

I'm done through the end of the year. Thank the Lord.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to def spend resale for those AJ1..

Watched the movie and spent a good portion being salty at a damn cartoon..

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I know DHgate can be a touch sketchy, but would it be a legit place to get shoes that just came out? Seems like repros take at least a little bit before they start to hit...

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
971347ca-746d-4c72-9f72-380fde25e59b

Dunks came. Fit is perfect. Came with yellow, green and white laces. The interior lining is super lux. This might be the most well constructed sneaker I have purchased this year from Nike or anyone else.

Now I regret not going for the lobsters. SMH.

Pardon my bumming around the house sweats.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
971347ca-746d-4c72-9f72-380fde25e59b

Dunks came. Fit is perfect. Came with yellow, green and white laces. The interior lining is super lux. This might be the most well constructed sneaker I have purchased this year from Nike or anyone else.

Now I regret not going for the lobsters. SMH.

Pardon my bumming around the house sweats.
Yo those look sick with sweats. Also just sick in general. Love the little chicken. It reminds me of the Staple Dunks. Damn!! Bummed I missed

Someone in Brooklyn just complimented my kicks though, so...day made