Should they delay AW2 to avoid Spider-Man, Assassin's Creed, Super Mario, Red Dead, Sonic, & Forza?

• Yes

Votes: 1,277 56.6%
  • No

Votes: 979 43.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
BG3 developers were smart enough that they choose to release the game early -instead of delay- just to get away from Starfield's release window, knowing full well that it would be overshadowed by that, and that's just one game.
Yea, this was definitely the right move.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Do you think the Max Payne remakes will be in the same universe as Control and Alan Wake?

I bet they would love it but they will not since they only want to incl what they own so they can control (no pun intended) what goes into the universe without relying on someone else IP.

Who knows honestly, but Remedy went through the trouble to get MP back for the remakes, I just cant imagine not having a reference in AW2, or something more important in the story that will connect the Remakes.

zero_fm

Mar 11, 2022
The massive attention BG3 is getting right now should give people an idea why some of us want AW2 to be released in a less crowded window. Do you guys think BG3 would've gotten as much attention if it was released alongside Spider-Man 2, AC and Mario for example?
Of course not. BD3 is the only major release for the next 2 or 3 weeks. It's the only discussion topic and has been able to get away from the PC CRPG bubble. Even if it was released the same week of Armored Core (which is not Starfield/ Spidey2 / Mario levels of huge) it would have not performed this well.

mikhailt

Aug 30, 2019
Of course not. BD3 is the only major release for the next 2 or 3 weeks. It's the only discussion topic and has been able to get away from the PC CRPG bubble. Even if it was released the same week of Armored Core (which is not Starfield/ Spidey2 / Mario levels of huge) it would have not performed this well.
Actually, Madden 2k4 is coming out that week with Armored Core including Immortals of Aveum.

Randy Savage

Banned
Feb 6, 2023
For me I think I'll do Forza on gamepass, Mario Wonder day1 and Alan Wake day 1. Assassin's Creed I'll just wait for it to go on sale. Ubisoft games are usually like 30$ within like 2-3 months of release

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Every time this thread gets bumped I just imagine another game comically being added to the ever increasing pile of October games

Last edited:
OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I blame it all on the OP.
raining_david_tennant.gif

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'm gonna be sad if they push it but I trust them to do what's best for the game

Been playing through their back-catalogue and it's got me so energized for AW2 and the remedyverse. Not to mention the Max Payne remakes, the OGs hold up alright but man, a remake could do wonders for these games.

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have bought Alan Wake three times, it is on of my favorites. I want the sequel to be as successful as possible and trust Remedy knows what they are doing releasing it that week in October.

Seeing this thread bumped though I also comically thought something else was coming out during the same time.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really sure how the launch of a port of a game on platforms that Alan Wake II isn't coming out on anyway really affects AWII in any way.

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
Really funny that just like back in 2010, there's a Red Dead Redemption release the same week. Stay strong, Alan!

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm not really sure how the launch of a port of a game on platforms that Alan Wake II isn't coming out on anyway really affects AWII in any way.
It doesn't but it's hilarious that of all the times for RDR to get a remaster, it's when the sequel to AW drops. Especially considering the original RDR and AW launched in the same week. Either someone at Rockstar is a grade A comedian or that's some cosmic fuckery going on right there.

naff

Unshakeable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Wonder is the only thing I'm picking up day 1, but Alan Wakes coming in a close second followed by.... Some distant 3rds. not going to bother with this Spidey unless it's a real departure from the last games, I just don't get 'em, Miles was nice by virtue of being so short. Wouldnt have wanted another minute of it. AC mehhhrage, Forza might be ok (a little hope), Sonic surely the overlap there is minimal

Aeroucn

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017

Banana Aeon

Oct 30, 2017
Alan Wake isn't coming out PC so I don't have to think about it...

Probably wouldn't even if it was tho. Buying and playing new games on launch is a rarity.

Banana Aeon

Oct 30, 2017
It was announced for PC from the get-go. You know, the whole digital-only epic game store exclusivity that pissed a lot of folks off.
...As I was...

In all seriousness, it's frustrating that the game will be seemingly locked to EGS forever. EGS just can't be a bad disruption. It also had the audacity to be a bad storefront.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
This is probably why no Dark Pictures game was announced this year.

They usually release around that time, and the serie already niche, would be completely destroyed.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
This is probably why no Dark Pictures game was announced this year.

They usually release around that time, and the serie already niche, would be completely destroyed.

The last game (the Jessie Buckley one) was meant to be the end of what Supermassive described as Season 1, so my guess is this was always to going be a break year and then come back for the start of Season 2 next year.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
The last game (the Jessie Buckley one) was meant to be the end of what Supermassive described as Season 1, so my guess is this was always to going be a break year and then come back for the start of Season 2 next year.
Good point.
Plus they released 2 games last year, and Switchback VR this year, so they might need the extra time.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
At this point it's almost as if every game publisher in the business wants to put something, anything out in October lol.
Meanwhile I bet Sega thought they were super smart putting Yakuza in November to let the dust settle a bit... only to have it go up against COD lol. (hilariously this is a running theme when it comes to Yakuza releases)

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
...As I was...

In all seriousness, it's frustrating that the game will be seemingly locked to EGS forever. EGS just can't be a bad disruption. It also had the audacity to be a bad storefront.
I mean this game only exists because of Epic. If only Valve funded more single player games instead of sitting on their billions...

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
I mean this game only exists because of Epic. If only Valve funded more single player games instead of sitting on their billions...
They do fund games.

They also in the unique position to be able to cancel most of them when they aren't satisfied with their quality, they are in no rush to release any game

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Meanwhile I bet Sega thought they were super smart putting Yakuza in November to let the dust settle a bit... only to have it go up against COD lol. (hilariously this is a running theme when it comes to Yakuza releases)

It will be interesting to see how well these digital only bigger games do like LaD: Gaiden and AW2, getting both but still intrigued to see how the market responds.
Also, wouldn't be surprised if we see Lollipop Chainsaw Remake and Front Mission 2 get releases in October as well, since, why not, join the madness lol.

EDIT: We also don't know when Shadows of the Damned Remastered is getting released yet either, do we? Could be another October release too!

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
F3At6FKXIAATjXs

Not as close as others, but not so far either
At this point it's almost as if every game publisher in the business wants to put something, anything out in October lol.
Is October the last month of 2023 or something? Why is everything October lol
Just want to say that yall is a little late on this. The release date was already announced when it was first shown off in the Nintendo Direct.