Should they delay AW2 to avoid Spider-Man, Assassin's Creed, Super Mario, Red Dead, Sonic, & Forza?

• Yes

Votes: 1,277 56.6%
  • No

Votes: 979 43.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Im still excited for AW2, but at this point I probably gotta get it later... Im getting SPidey day 1 (Im a terrible shill for his games), Mario of course is always a day 1 (not like its dropping price anytime soon), and soon after Yakuza is out. By Xmas AW2 is probably gonna be on sale, or I'll at least have a little left over credit to use...

astro

Oct 25, 2017
But hey, survival horror is currently the "in" genre
How so? We've had a bunch of very well reviewed SH horror games over the last decade or so, but nothing that I'd say has propelled it to become the new hotness or anything.

I am excited because it seems the bar's been raised for SH games in recent times, especially with Capcom putting out so many great RE titles, so Remedy taking what they've learned from AW1, Control, etc... and taking inspiration from the best SH games has me quite excited.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Metal Gear Solid Master Collection is October, too.

Please, delay something, anything 😢

Stormblessed

Feb 21, 2019
Still getting Day 1 and will split time with Spidey. I think they will be good compliments. Slower survival horror and big bombastic superhero game.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Still getting Day 1 and will split time with Spidey. I think they will be good compliments. Slower survival horror and big bombastic superhero game.

The problem is there will be no room in media coverage between Spidey, AC, and now Mario (edit: and Forza!). They have to move it.

Last edited:

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Delay and release physically lol. I wrote it off the moment they mentioned it'd be digital only and all the releases around that date make it worse for AW2 😂
Just delay it to February or something.

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Release in September or delay...Don't do this to Alan Wake lol.

1b48c4ea352587837a54079c6e090e9050a2dfd9.gif

September is fucked too.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
The game will flop no matter when they release it, really, better to stick to October for thematic reasons.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
First time i am seeing players trying to bully developer/publisher into delaying the game. Stfu kindly.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like the market for people into Alan Wake/Control and fuckin Mario aren't perfect circles on top of each other. But yah it's starting to look like the entire end of the year is going to be crowded af at the very least.

I'm defo just grabbing spiderman and AW2 though. I'm assuming Space Marine to be deeper into the year than Oct. but we don't know yet and Helldivers 2 is supposed to be "this winter" or whatever as well. Shits gonna be piling up on top of each other for like 5 months straight lol

Apr 5, 2022
Do really people care about release windows collding against each other? I've never seen people poke at developers this much and I hate to break it to you but Spider-Man 2 shouldn't be a reason, its just your typical super hero game that people (and me) are excited for. Let the developers release both this game and Spider-Man 2 in the same month, people are allowed to pick or prefer both.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Only digital, only Epic Store, against Forza, Mario and Spider-Man...

Remedy should have some kind of curse.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Do really people care about release windows collding against each other? I've never seen people poke at developers this much and I hate to break it to you but Spider-Man 2 shouldn't be a reason, its just your typical super hero game that people (and me) are excited for. Let the developers release both this game and Spider-Man 2 in the same month, people are allowed to pick or prefer both.
I think a lot of players would like AW2 to be "successful" for Remedy in whatever metrics they choose to look at but having all these releases crammed in the same month, this does not help. Also, in an industry where poor sales performance often equals to studio shutdown, I think a lot of us don't want to see Remedy closing aka all the discussions in this thread.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017

People want games they like to be successful because it can mean they get more of the things they like rather than lose them forever (like, say, Titanfall). There's been (inconclusive) evidence that jamming big games together can cause some to suffer.

Is there perfect overlap between the potential audiences for all these games? Maybe a little. But when so many big hitters come out together there tends to be less attention to certain games (media outlets can only cover so much, streamers can only play so much). And sometimes games can just hit at opportune times to get more attention than they might have due to not much else happening.

Apr 5, 2022
I think a lot of players would like AW2 to be "successful" for Remedy in whatever metrics they choose to look at but having all these releases crammed in the same month, this does not help. Also, in an industry where poor sales performance often equals to studio shutdown, I think a lot of us don't want to see Remedy closing aka all the discussions in this thread.

Ahhhh okay XD I never really thought about it that way, I also want Alan Wake 2 to do good as well. Well, I'm fine with whatever the developer decides to do, the game looks great though.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
It'll do fine. It's pretty strong counterprogramming against the other games. Maybe if Silent Hill 2 hits around the same time.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Remedy really need to start thinking about a move. They're now in an even worse position than Alan Wake 1. Competing against Assassin's Creed, Spider-Man and now Mario of all ip, even worse those last two are going to get popularity bumps from their movie releases.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a particularly very bad window for Remedy, but there also isn't really good options outside of the summer months. Fall through Spring is so stacked these days, when before it was usually just the Fall with maybe some sprinkling in late Feb/early March to make it into Q4.

Lui

Sep 22, 2022
Honestly the more intersting thing for me here is that all 3 of the platform holders will have a major release within 10 days of each other. Wow, when was the last time that happened

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think it it's in as much trouble as yall do. Vastly different fanbases.

I assure you that survival horror fans are also fans of Spider-Man and Mario. It gets to the point where people can't afford everything they're interested in, and have to make choices. Not everyone is going to choose Alan Wake, and that's bad when another time they would be for sure picking it up.

Am I confident to say it'll bomb? No, I'm not. Am I confident that this date will cost them success? Yes.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
I assure you that survival horror fans are also fans of Spider-Man and Mario. It gets to the point where people can't afford everything they're interested in, and have to make choices. Not everyone is going to choose Alan Wake, and that's bad when another time they would be for sure picking it up.

Am I confident to say it'll bomb? No, I'm not. Am I confident that this date will cost them success? Yes.
I don't think so, especially with Alan Wake not releasing on the Switch. The whole situation feels very exaggerated.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
As somebody who absolutely LOVES Alan Wake and Control… I hope they delay it.

The game deserves a week in the spotlight in the spring, not being sandwiched between literally two of the biggest IP in gaming/media.

Plus, with how positive reviews are, there's hope of this maybe even being the first commercially successful Remedy game in quite some time.