DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Hey Dicer,

I just wanted to say keep your head up buddy, Im glad that you're okay and that your spirits are high. I just recently lost my job so Im here with 0 income as well. I think we'll both be okay for it, Its gonna make us stronger in the long run. Just keep fighting for what you want in life. We all struggle, and Im right there with you. We'll figure this out!

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well I'm officially sick, also had a guy come in about 4 am smelling of booze that was snoring and coughing all night.... Needless to say it has been a slow start today, ugh.
Keeping positive though

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Today was an off day, was sick made some calls that went nowhere need to get up early and get cracking tomorrow, but I'm finally feeling less shitty, so there is that...

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll be ok, just honestly need another day or two to clear my head out, hit a bit if a wall today

Tideas

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
have you looked into the gig economy to make some money? mturk and upwork can be useful. or sign up with these companies where you teach english to chinese kids over skype. good money there

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've got my toes dipped in a few things, just takes a bit of time to get things rolling.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding earplugs, use wisely. I don't know how safe the surroundings are, but hearing is a really good defense mechanism.

Last edited:

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
it's a hostel, no? Drunk people and snoring people are completely normal. Should be safe, though, just keep an eye on your belongings

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Welp...

Today was shelter locating day, and that went less that terrific, pine St literally told me not to stay there as I'm clean and it's sketchy AF, the smell alone, got processed and then told him I had a place tonight and the process you need up being nothing and they are a night by night place, I did call the Harvard but they pull beds by lotto and the one nights don't start till 9pm.

I'm a bit disheartened and I'm almost at the point where I feel a few nights on the streets will build some character...

Ugh.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sorry you are still enduring this, Dicer.
I'm glad you have a place for tonight at least. Hopefully if Harvard doesn't work out there can be another place available.

I think the mturk and related suggestions mentioned above could be helpful, too.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Welp it's Wednesday, again... And I will be homeless lol. I'll utilize stuff around here but I can't go to a shelter without it setting me off, but that's my own shit mental issue. As long as it doesn't get terribly cold I'll make due. Hopefully some of the things I've put in for start happening. Looking for transitional sro, but without stable income flowering yet that's not an option.

I guess we will see where this ride takes me

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Welp it's Wednesday, again... And I will be homeless lol. I'll utilize stuff around here but I can't go to a shelter without it setting me off, but that's my own shit mental issue. As long as it doesn't get terribly cold I'll make due. Hopefully some of the things I've put in for start happening. Looking for transitional sro, but without stable income flowering yet that's not an option.

I guess we will see where this ride takes me
Dude you should totally try going to a shelter at night at least so you have a roof over your head, even if you don't sleep. Very worried about you. :(

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd rather be out honestly, I'll deal with the elements, all the drunks and junkies are very triggering for me, even just gong to Pine St yesterday was a monumental task, and well you know how that went.

I'll keep looking l, expecting the worst hoping for the best

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm headed back whence I came, figured at least things were started out this way so might as well push instead of starting over....yet again. I'll take the experience as a nice break from it all, but yes I'm safe...and I'll post once I'm back and rested somewhat.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm headed back whence I came, figured at least things were started out this way so might as well push instead of starting over....yet again. I'll take the experience as a nice break from it all, but yes I'm safe...and I'll post once I'm back and rested somewhat.
Going back to your aunt's you mean?

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Going back to your aunt's you mean?
No, not that far back, just back to Springfield to push the cases I have started, it's about the only thing I can think to do at this point, going back to her place is off the table. I'm going to press for partial care, which will give me a roof over my head while this all gets sorted out...hopefully

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
No, not that far back, just back to Springfield to push the cases I have started, it's about the only thing I can think to do at this point, going back to her place is off the table. I'm going to press for partial care, which will give me a roof over my head while this all gets sorted out...hopefully
<3 Sounds like a good plan.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm trudging along, mild freakouts here and there aside...hopefully this room comes through sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I spent most of the night outside, save for a trip to the ER I have a sinus Infection woop woop. Chilling at the bus station now and charging my things until the center I go to during the day is open.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One thing I'll say it has been for for the weight loss... So homeless bonus right there.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Last night was rough, hoping things progress quickly it's not getting warmer out there...

At least I have a place to go during the day...

Dash

Oct 25, 2017
I hope you manage to get out of the cold and find somewhere during the night to sleep that isn't outdoors. Stay safe.

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
Make sure to stay warm. You could call a local mosque or two and see if they will let you sleep inside. It is not uncommon for this courtesy to be extended to guests.

Or churches/temples of whatever denominations are most common in your area.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've thankfully had a few days reprive but this week is really going to be rough, I'm out of options until things manage to turn around.
You know things are low when you worry about doing little things, like buying everyday things like razors and deodorant and getting laundry done. When I'm out of this whole damned mess I'm going to spend time and money making damn sure I can help others in this situation. This is supposed to be a first world country....and well it certainly doesn't treat it's lesser fortunate citizens as such. It's fucking gross.

Deschain

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what's the short term plan have you got somewhere to stay or any sort of income?

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So what's the short term plan have you got somewhere to stay or any sort of income?
Tomorrow I have meetings with social worker and housing people... We will see where that goes. Aside from that the next week I have no idea where I'll be, and the nights here are getting a bit chilly...

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How'd the meetings go?
Housing didn't go as planned, social workers gave me stuff to finish out which I did but I need to run around yet again to doctors my neuro and stuff for releases. I also had a pretty significant breakdown earlier...so that didn't help. Every day is a step even if it's a small one.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
If that gofundme gets sorted or is available, I'd love to send you some money. It hurts reading all of this.

edit: sent some money

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, thought I had a place for tonight but it kinda got pulled it from under me... I'm tired and sick of pushing for little to no results. I honestly don't know if I'll make it through tonight right now.

Regardless, another massive thank you too everyone here you've pulled me through this far and I wouldn't have made it this far without the support here.

I'm gonna try to stay inside till the rain passes if I can then find a dryish place to hunker down for the night.

GeeDuhb

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Damn man, I feel for you. I am glad so many people here have kept you company through this situation. Hang in there, things will eventually get better!

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
So, thought I had a place for tonight but it kinda got pulled it from under me... I'm tired and sick of pushing for little to no results. I honestly don't know if I'll make it through tonight right now.

Regardless, another massive thank you too everyone here you've pulled me through this far and I wouldn't have made it this far without the support here.

I'm gonna try to stay inside till the rain passes if I can then find a dryish place to hunker down for the night.
You can make it man. We're here for you.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just admitted myself back into crisis, will update when I can...but I am safe.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Damn Dicer, just want to wish you luck, it's terrible to hear that this can happen to someone in this day and age. Wishing you luck, keep us updated.

Oct 28, 2017
Hoping for all the best for you!

Don't really know what else to add, I'm on the other side of the Atlantic and have no real idea what groups or systems could help you in your situation in the US. But I hope you can get out of this trash situation asap

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, got passed from crisis into a shelter was an awkward nights sleep, but it was sleep regardless. Seems I'll be ok there except for Sunday when they aren't open.

Still exhausted but not as bad mentally as last night