Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
3AOLCyE.png

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
His name is forever tarnished no matter how long he takes a sabbatical for.

He could be gone for 15 years and then return and all it takes is one person pointing out his history for the whole thing to repeat itself.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Oh come on, as much as I'd like an actual apology video from him, I think the dude at least deserves a second chance. It's not like he's irredeemable or actually a shitty person in games media like Nick Robinson or Ian Miles Cheong.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
So he doesn't really address what he actually did or how he tried to lie/double down after being caught. Then he monetizes his apology again? What is up with this guy?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Oh come on, as much as I'd like an actual apology video from him, I think the dude at least deserves a second chance. It's not like he's irredeemable or actually a shitty person in games media like Nick Robinson or Ian Miles Cheong.

Plagiarism is one of the things in media/journalism that is hard to forgive. Why would anyone have any reason to trust anything this guy says? I'm not saying the guy deserves to rot but he may have fucked up his chance to make a career in this field.

Also posting the video link in the OP and passing it off as an apology when that's not what it is is sort of suspect. All it does is give a guy hits on a monetized product review video.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
New video has ads on it like his first apology did.
Probably don't watch it
It's not an apology video, but a product review. He just spends the first couple seconds talking about the past before he segues into the actual topic of his video.

Which is a review that frankly just sounds like a commercial and doesn't offer any real insight. His video editing skills are on point, though.

Nov 3, 2017
Don't worry, gamers won't forget or forgive his crimes of plagiarising game reviews, since that's serious business unlike those guys who merely sexually assaulted people or used racial slurs

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why does he deserve a second chance after he dared people to find more examples?

And that comparison at the end is like apples and oranges but both sets of fruit is rotten so they have that in common.

He deserves no second chance in this industry where writing and some integrity are like the two things you need.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I was just thinking how crazy would it be if he stole this review too.

After watching it, it literally sounds like he read a press kit verbatim. He really didn't give his opinion at all. Some people never change I guess haha

Last edited:

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For what he did, he would have to start right from the bottom and earn the trust back. The video starts well and then turns into a paid advert for products. Feels super cynical.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Not giving him views. They are plenty of hard working guys who do that the right way with no visibility just by passion. It's good that he apologize, but I won't support him.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
It's not an apology video, but a product review. He just spends the first couple seconds talking about the past before he segues into the actual topic of his video.

Which is a review that frankly just sounds like a commercial and doesn't offer any real insight. His video editing skills are on point, though.

The dude seems incapable or too scared to ever offer up his own opinion (hence all the plagiarism). So no wonder his 'review' just comes off as an infomercial.

Nov 11, 2017
He literally built his career on plagiarism. The cardinal sin of journalism. He knew what he was doing the whole time and continued to do it until he got caught. You'll have to forgive me if I don't think that someone like this is capable of genuine self-reflection or meaningful change.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Why does he deserve a second chance after he dared people to find more examples?

And that comparison at the end is like apples and oranges but both sets of fruit is rotten so they have that in common.

He deserves no second chance in this industry where writing and some integrity are like the two things you need.

Also, this not his second chance. It's like it's 4th lol

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what would be a really clever response to this thread guys? If I said he probably stole the text of his new review from someone else!

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like you to know how truly sorry I am. I apologize to Raide, as well as the entire Resetera community. From here on out I will do everything in my power to make things right. I will continue to work on being a better person every day and hope that will be reflected in my actions to come.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Half the comments are all weirdly sycophantic "we missed you, Filip!"-type stuff. Super weird.

The guy didn't offer anything special or different, and then it turns out it was mostly stolen. Why haven't people moved on to some other vapid video producer with nothing to say who at least says his own words?

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
"I had time to reflect and I realized I love making videos for you" with stolen content. That's not an apology. He avoided all his previous actions and just pushed them to the side and wants everyone to do that same.

You disrespected the industry, your community, your fans, insulted the gaming community, and now expect to return after a few months? No, you shouldn't be welcomed back like nothing happened. You stole content for your Youtube channel and several times on IGN. It wasn't a single mistake. It was deliberate.

And your first video back sounds like an ad for the product.

It wasn't a one time mistake. He has discussion videos, reviews, etc. on his YT channel that were stolen. Then he stole on IGN.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He spent his entire career plagiarizing. He doesn't deserve a second chance because that would be giving him his 47th chance.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Half the comments are all weirdly sycophantic "we missed you, Filip!"-type stuff. Super weird.

The guy didn't offer anything special or different, and then it turns out it was mostly stolen. Why haven't people moved on to some other vapid video producer with nothing to say who at least says his own words?

That's the thing, his entire career was built off of other people's work. He was a complete fraud. He didn't even earn his first chance, let alone deserving of a 2nd or 3rd. He stole from the people he wants to be his peers. That is irredeemable. He probably needs to find a new career path.

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
Man the comments on his video make me think I took a crazy pill. Mostly welcome back we missed you and your the best...WTF.

DoctorBat

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
He doesn't 'deserve' another chance, nor does anyone owe him a career. He stole from other writers and passed it off as his own, and, in an industry that doesn't pay particularly well, your own words and passion are all you have. If he can't muster enough enthusiasm to come up with his own thoughts, it says to me that all he cares about is the exposure and the ad revenue. He doesn't deserve a thing.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
that's hilarious ... even the apology in the comments reads like baby's-first-social-media-fuck-up-apology text that we have read in a similar form before.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

YouTube audiences are iffy. When jontron revealed his shitty views you would never know he had been essentially dropped by everybody he knew professionally and and by many he was friends with. Because his total subscribers amount didn't really go down by much (I think it even increased overall) and in his 'apology' video most comments were saying he had nothing to apologize for.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"I had time to reflect and I realized I love making videos for you" with stolen content. That's not an apology. He avoided all his previous actions and just pushed them to the side and wants everyone to do that same.

You disrespected the industry, your community, your fans, insulted the gaming community, and now expect to return after a few months? No, you shouldn't be welcomed back like nothing happened. You stole content for your Youtube channel and several times on IGN. It wasn't a single mistake. It was deliberate.

And your first video back sounds like an ad for the product.

It wasn't a one time mistake. He has discussion videos, reviews, etc. on his YT channel that were stolen. Then he stole on IGN.

All of this

Deleted member 16039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pewdiepie also gave an apologie, so it's cool guys ! Scumbags are so fun ! Now, let's look what marvelous things JonTron have to say about immigrants and white culture (don't tell him his parents were both immigrants !).

Status
Not open for further replies.