• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm making this thread so the inevitable conversation that will derail new Tara Reade thread has a place to go instead of shitting up a thread that is strictly about sexual harrasment claims only.

So let's say Joe steps down or is forced to step down. What the hell are we going to do? Who replaces him? My mind immediately goes Cuomo because he has the country wrapped around his finger at the moment and I can see Joe's delegates going there (if that's how that works?)

I know people love Bernie but I can see him losing to Trump in a major way.

Who will hold our sword and do battle against the enemy?

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
He's not gonna step down.
Also as an NYC Teacher, you don't want Cuomo. People have a short term memory. Dude wanted to take away our pension.
Cuomo is not a good person but he's all we have against Covid-19

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
We flail around for the rest of the year and lose horribly in November. There is no second choice, as much as Biden sucks.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
OP... the VP takes his place.

Edit: my bad. My guess would be Warren as there's differences between Bernie and the DNC. Mike is super unlikeable.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I think most people know that, this thread just seems to be a hypothetical scenario considering nothing like that has happened before and theres no precedent, it's worth asking if things continue to get more substantial with this allegation
oh, ok. then, uhhhh, elizabeth warren.

Jan 15, 2018
The DNC would get together and vote on a new candidate and that would be who would run.

Well, that's how it goes if he's chosen as the nominee, no idea how it would work now since the primaries aren't over.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The odds that Biden steps down are so mathematically low that I don't think people should be entertaining the idea.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It will be an establishment democrat. It absolutely won't be Bernie.

Stepping down in general would likely put the party into a tailspin that they won't recover from for the election. Trump's chances of winning will be higher.

But he also won't be stepping down because of an allegation. And he shouldn't.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it would be Bernie Sanders. But the DNC would want another corporate democrat instead.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Biden won't step down but in the miniscule chance that he did it wouldn't be Bernie or Warren. Some boring generic dem would take his place.
Also if the frontrunner was forced to step down the public would definitely not like it and Dems probably get decimated in November regardless.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I don't think he'll step down. I don't even think his accuser wants him to step down, does she? I mean actually... maybe she does. If she didn't her timing would be absolutely bizarre.

Oh well. Guess we're Keepin America Great in 2020....

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it would be Bernie Sanders. But the DNC would want another corporate democrat instead.

Bernie isn't a Democrat, so it would be very unlikely for the Democrats to ignore their entire base of potential candidates to go for an independent who lost two primaries in a row, the second one significantly worse than the first one.

CannonBallBob

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont see him stepping down. It seems like that is mostly behind him already, which is probably more to do with the pandemic than anything else. But if this turns out to be anything, I see him getting stronger as a candidate:

And, he wasnt on my list of choices for President, but it seems like were stuck with him

This guy is terrible. Don't post him.

Also, allegations against Biden aren't a conspiracy.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I dont see him stepping down. It seems like that is mostly behind him already, which is probably more to do with the pandemic than anything else. But if this turns out to be anything, I see him getting stronger as a candidate:

And, he wasnt on my list of choices for President, but it seems like were stuck with him

let's not post crackpots please

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it would likely be Cuomo because he's one of the few craven enough to just take a nomination without having run at all and also with the experience in sleazy political maneuvers to actually pull it off

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I think the conversation is premature. This isn't even a ripple in the news and hasn't affected his standings at all. As long as polling shows him beating Trump he won't step down.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
This is not happening.

I hate that it's down to him...but I gotta do what I gotta do to preserve any form of societal integrity that's left in this country.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I would like Bernie, but really anyone that is not a potential rapist would be fine with me. Bernie's campaign was only suspended so he can still be the nominee.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
  1. He's not stepping down.
  2. If he did, you give it to another candidate for whom Americans actually casted votes. You know, like the guy who came in second place. As opposed to the baffling suggestions that the nomination be gifted to Cuomo or someone else who never garnered a single delegate.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Bernie or redo the primary with all 50 states committing to vote by ballot.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie would be the fair pick (2nd most delegates) but in all honesty they'd probably let the delegates vote for any of the old candidates that wanted to still be in it.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
biden isn't stepping down precisely because this "who's next" situation is way more volatile than voting for an alleged rapist is for probably a good 80% of the voting base