Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
giphy.gif
Bill Murray is the greatest member of Club Trillion ever and it isn't even close.

deadman322

Oct 29, 2017
been a long time since i saw it last but is the song actually played during the movie or it just over the credits?

Oct 27, 2017
honestly, even if its suppose to be a satire of product placements (which i dont think it is, the movie doesnt really lingler on it like its a joke), its still wouldn't be nearly as good as sommit like Wayne's World's joke

I think it's meant to be less a general satire of product placement and more a tongue-in-cheek reference to a bunch of products MJ had done commercials for.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's tainted by being one of the worst movies that people have nostalgia goggles for.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody can be taking that product placement line seriously, it's obviously a joke.

On topic I'd like to think a film isn't ruined forever because someone involved is a piece of shit.
Hundreds of people make movies. There are always going to be awful people involved somewhere along the line. I'd prefer the bad ones don't forever tarnish the work of everyone else.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like most people have considered it as tainted ever since Michael Jordan wore that denim outfit that one time years ago

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Jordan is that bad of a guy.

That said, my definition of "asshole" has changed somewhat in the last few years thanks to politics.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the point of this that he felt like a sellout and his manager was putting him in all these commercials, but he just wanted to play sports?

They get to have their cake and eat it too by saying all the brands and therefore advertising them, but it's not like this was just dropped with no context.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
honestly, even if its suppose to be a satire of product placements (which i dont think it is, the movie doesnt really lingler on it like its a joke), its still wouldn't be nearly as good as sommit like Wayne's World's joke
It was 100% a joke because everything they list were things that he's endorsed

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Jordan is a prick to the max, but I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say he's a bad person.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
How is Michael Jordon a bad person?
From what I know he's pretty arrogant and doesn't enjoy interacting with fans. I don't think he's a "bad" guy. I'm a really big fan of his myself, though, so I'm biased. But it's obviously because of his incredible athlectic skills. And also I effing loved Space Jam. I was a kid when it came out and I probably watched it dozens of times.