Trojita

Oct 25, 2017

I just don't see general audiences warming up to the doll thing. Seems to want to be a Toy Forrest Gump Story (Which partially makes sense because of the director).

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They bury the fuck out of the story. The event it is based on is hella inspiring and interesting

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The trailers make it look overly melodramatic and goofy, which is a shame based on the source material.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
i liked the doc, but the marketing for this is as if tropic thunder 2 came out and this was one of the parody films

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
its going to bomb spectacularly

ive been seeing trailers for it all year and its schmaltz overload every single time

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This dude is really cool and his story is fascinating. The movie from what I've seen in trailers seems like it doesn't live up to the real thing, the tone seems much lighter than it should be

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mixed media and subject matter like this typically ends with distro studios not knowing what to do with it

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
It's for Award season, not baity but odd they were promoting it like a blockbuster. Also buried in between Poppins, Aquaman, Spider Verse and Bumblebee

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Just watched the trailer. Yup, that's got bomb written all over it.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
This is honestly the first I've heard of it, and I actually regularly follow the box office thread and all the big movie and review sites, and I see movies often enough I should have seen a trailer for this by now. I just googled and it's out next week. Even if it weren't for all the competition, it'd have an uphill battle

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I feel like that first trailer was so badly edited and the blue slashes with the yellow txt wtf is that except completely garbage in 2018

Movie looks good, but a lil wierd

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the premise and story are interesting but I simply can't get into the doll stuff, especially the realistic faces. I also hear a lot of Michael Scott when Carell said the line, "A toast. To the women... of Marwen."

I've seen ads for this on transit in my city but they always show the dolls with guns -- which honestly gave me the impression it was going to be some kind of Fortnite-inspired thing than some self-serious Based On A True Story adaptation.

Also why is Janelle Monae portraying someone who's disabled in the movie when she's able-bodied in real life? 🤔

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
I think between $25-30 million would sound right. I can see it performing like Downsizing did last year. But it is the Holiday season, and stranger things have happened at the box office

Nov 11, 2017
i liked the doc, but the marketing for this is as if tropic thunder 2 came out and this was one of the parody films
I thought the exact same thing. But it's not really marketings fault. This movie was probably always intended to be an 'award season' movie and that's why it looks like it takes itself way too seriously. It looks laughably bad.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Oh absolutely, saw Creed 2 twice so I saw the trailers twice and...well both times left me cold.

I know nothing about the source material but the movie looks like it has no charm plus "from the director of Forest Gump" does it no favors because it lacks that charm.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
The sentimentality makes me want to spiral puke until i blast off, course set to as far as I can fucking get from this film

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
When you make a movie about a character who enters a world of his own making (or someone else's making) to escape a harsh reality, it helps if the world is umm...appealing? Interesting?

I don't know what is supposed to make me invested in this doll world. Maybe I need to see the movie.