laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm
20170905_083913.jpg

English Haurchefant is 500% less horny and we all know thats not canon

I see someone didn't do the seasonal quest Hauchefant featured in where he wanted to ride you like a steed :D

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Canonically the only characters that fuck are Urianger, Thancred and... Tataru if Hancock is to be believed...

Ya'll need to pay more attention to Scion Team B. They are super horny and have been open about it since since like...2.3/2.4? Apparently Ocher Boulder and Aenor in particular were banging in their tent like 10 ft away from the others during missions and the rest have since joined in literally and I'm pretty sure every single one of them is bisexual. This is from after that particular catboy joined the squad.
unknown.png

But on topic, yes they totally are. They even stiff the WoL since they'd be a third wheel on their motorcycle date after the raid is over.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair... from my knowledge of the Japanese version of him, it was borderline sexual harassment the way he acted to the MC.

I feel like there should have been a middle ground there though. There was such a discrepancy between his JP VA and the actual english text in one particular scene in 2.X that I thought for awhile he was secretly one of Iceheart's followers.

As is it feels like they erased part of his personality in the localization.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there should have been a middle ground there though. There was such a discrepancy between his JP VA and the actual english text in one particular scene in 2.X that I thought for awhile he was secretly one of Iceheart's followers.

As is it feels like they erased part of his personality in the localization.

Eh.

I'd rather take the Bro that's always there for you then the guy who overly wants to get into your pants.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand JP Haurchefant was the stereotype pervert/horndog speaking with lots of innuendo and the EN changed it to just make him a big fanboy/supporter and honestly I prefer that. I'm fine with him being in love with us but I feel having a character be too pervy/sexual/horny to the MC would be weird, especially when we then have to turn to them in a time of need. I loved his EN though, but it does suck they had to kill him because of the differences.

I feel G'raha also isn't in love with us as a relationship option, but in that we are literally their hero, they read and heard all about our adventures and heroism and see us as the ultimate role model. We're their celebrity crush and for us to not only acknowledge them but fight to protect them and count them as a true ally and friend they just feel overwhelmed and want to be cool and for us to like them. It's why they get so flustered when teased about it. Though I wouldn't say no to them being the MC canon love interest, though that wouldn't really gel due to eternal bonds etc, would be weird for SE to force us into a relationship if we're already married to another player.

But yeah, I really want hard confirmation on Ryne/Gaia. It's clear and will be the fan canon but there is enough wiggle room there that people will go "well they aren't a couple because they didn't kiss! They are just best buddies!".

Also, Moenbryda was gone way too soon. She was so cool. Imagine if she stuck around and got a cool costume and we had a bad ass Roe WAR with us teasing Urianger and flipping the fuck out when he gets taken to the First.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Do any of the important characters in FFXIV have relationships?

I know characters in that game fuck, you can see prostitutes in the main city and Longhaft has his Harembridge. I think Urianger and Moenbryda had feelings for each other at some point but not sure if it was ever stated that they were in a relationship. I guess the highest profile characters I can think of that are in an explicit relationship are the Chais in Eulmore.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes they are and the reason they didn't made it more explicit is not to concern certain markets.

You're all so horny. Everything is fucking.

FFXIV players are very horny indeed:

I know characters in that game fuck, you can see prostitutes in the main city and Longhaft has his Harembridge. I think Urianger and Moenbryda had feelings for each other at some point but not sure if it was ever stated that they were in a relationship. I guess the highest profile characters I can think of that are in an explicit relationship are the Chais in Eulmore.

Thancred is known to be a womanizer, but outside of that I can't think of any major characters to be on a relationship.

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington

i will not stand for this erasure of the Chais

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
They still have a chance to fully confirm Ryne and Gaia if they do the festival in 5.5. Not too likely but the chance is there.

Also G'raha is absolutely gay for you (if you are a male WoL) The talk of how much he wanted to just fly off into the skies with you and how there was nothing he rather do than build a new world with you are like some of the most romantic things a NPC say to you. I wish we could respond in kind cause I absolutely ship my WoL and G'raha. (Or at least let us call him Raha.)

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Tbh Ryne and Gaia definately are.

I definitely think Alisae has a thing for the WOL and so does Graha.

OP
OP
Astral

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Yes they are and the reason they didn't made it more explicit is not to concern certain markets.

FFXIV players are very horny indeed:

Thancred is known to be a womanizer, but outside of that I can't think of any major characters to be on a relationship.

Oh god you can fuck in other people's homes.

Frozencool

Oct 26, 2017
I'm all in on the "But they're just friends tho" meme.

Naaaah, you don't understand it's a special friend greeting where you wrap your tongue around theirs.

Calm doooooown they just got special diamond friendship rings don't read into it so much!

I mean it's the ceremony of their Eternal Bond, OBVIOUSLY the bond is FRIENDSHIP.

That little kid that they adopted? Friendship baby. You saying you don't adopt babies with your bros?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
From what I understand JP Haurchefant was the stereotype pervert/horndog speaking with lots of innuendo and the EN changed it to just make him a big fanboy/supporter and honestly I prefer that. I'm fine with him being in love with us but I feel having a character be too pervy/sexual/horny to the MC would be weird, especially when we then have to turn to them in a time of need. I loved his EN though, but it does suck they had to kill him because of the differences.

I feel G'raha also isn't in love with us as a relationship option, but in that we are literally their hero, they read and heard all about our adventures and heroism and see us as the ultimate role model. We're their celebrity crush and for us to not only acknowledge them but fight to protect them and count them as a true ally and friend they just feel overwhelmed and want to be cool and for us to like them. It's why they get so flustered when teased about it. Though I wouldn't say no to them being the MC canon love interest, though that wouldn't really gel due to eternal bonds etc, would be weird for SE to force us into a relationship if we're already married to another player.

But yeah, I really want hard confirmation on Ryne/Gaia. It's clear and will be the fan canon but there is enough wiggle room there that people will go "well they aren't a couple because they didn't kiss! They are just best buddies!".

Also, Moenbryda was gone way too soon. She was so cool. Imagine if she stuck around and got a cool costume and we had a bad ass Roe WAR with us teasing Urianger and flipping the fuck out when he gets taken to the First.

G'raha traveled through time and dimensions for us and gave up lots of freedom and time. Yeah of course we are just his "hero". Yeah yeah...sure.

This thread got weird

My whole FC is full of lesbians that flirt with eachother in Discord... FFXIV is weird. I even once posed for Gil with my character for someone.

Last edited:

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They can confirm them in 5.5 and then let us celebrate them by putting their outfits on the cash shop. Please Square, it's free real estate.

Dant21

Apr 24, 2018
worth noting that y'shtola does lie about her age. she claims to be 23 but she has to be at least like 32
the flavor text and lore book says she stopped showing age at 23. She started with Matoya at age 7 and worked with her for 10 years. Then she joined the archons at some point. If she was 18 before the calamity, she WOULD be 23 in ARR. Its unknown but she could be anywhere from 23-30 not counting her time in the first

there's a hint that all the scions can use magic to halt their aging. Which is why only Thancred looks older now, since he is now unable to use magic since HW

The real reason we know she lies about her age is because of her younger sister, Y'mhitra, who give her own age as 26...

You know, is he that in the Japanese, German, and French versions? Or is that part uniquely in the English version? Cause the Shakesperian way everyone speaks AFAIK is exclusive to the English version to hearken back to FF12/Tactics/Vagrant Story.
AFAIK, its pretty much unique to the English version. The main writing team at SE Japan is bilingual and writes the Japanese and English scripts side-by-side. They don't add any antiquated/Shakespearian style to the Japanese translation, supposedly because it wouldn't make sense, but do intentionally for the English version.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
Sorry for the thread bump but I was rewatching the scene where Urianger grieves for Moenbreda and even though that scene gets thrown around as evidence of their unfulfilled relationship, it certainly feels like the romance was unrequited to Urianger's regret. That whole scene gave me really tragic gay vibes. Like he wanted to love her romantically but couldn't. Idk. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The entirety of their relationship is very romantically coded. Especially DURING the final eden fight itself when they're making jewelry for each other, sharing biscuits. It's extremely romantically coded.
Especially since
Gaia basically lets her past love go for her new future

There is no way they're not live-in gal-pals

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if they weren't a massive Squall and Rinoa homage/analogy they would definitely indeed be gay. We'll never get outright said though, unfortunately.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the thread bump but I was rewatching the scene where Urianger grieves for Moenbreda and even though that scene gets thrown around as evidence of their unfulfilled relationship, it certainly feels like the romance was unrequited to Urianger's regret. That whole scene gave me really tragic gay vibes. Like he wanted to love her romantically but couldn't. Idk. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

I think you are reading it wrong.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
For any particular reasons you may want to expand upon?

You have to really look past the text of a man who has shown interest in a woman and him being upset on her death to interpret that as gay. I haven't seen the exact scene in a long time but nothing struck me that made even think of a queer reading of it.

Plus the Moenbrylda minion description text makes an implied joke of Urianger being horny about it.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a real shame that in patch 5.5 and .55 we've gotten effectively no mention or follow up on those two after that last Eden's Promise quest.

I shall always wonder what could've been with this, and many other bits of seemingly unfinished things in these patches if not for COVID.