• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Todays Direct has come and gone, and with no sign of Metroid in any capacity. We have still seen nothing of Prime 4 since it was announced in 2017 with a logo that will not be final.

Now Switch 2 is on the horizon, coming sometime in the next 6 to 14 months…I mean come on. Come on right? It makes too much sense at this point right?

FatHorse2099

Aug 11, 2023
Yes. A shame that the presumably troubled development has lead to this, but it does mean that is likely that it'll have a chance to run at peak performance on the Switch's successor

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Definetly. Hopefully it comes out close to the launch of Switch 2.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I expect so, Nintendo probably want to release it at launch for Switch 2 IMO and wouldn't want to trailer it and have pre orders go live before the new console is announced.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see any point for Nintendo to make this cross gen.

It'll be a Switch 2 exclusive.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it's rebooted as Metroid Prime Federation Fource, coming as a NSO exclusive multiplayer game some time late next year.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
99% because I never underestimate that Nintendo weirdness factor of them doing something so batshit insane like releasing Prime 4 on the current Switch 6 months after the Switch 2 is out.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope it remains cross-gen, because I pre-ordered it from Best Buy for like $40 and want them to honor it lol.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Nintendo announced games here that are releasing all the way into Summer 2024 makes it hard for me to agree to anything regarding their actual platform plans. For all we know it'll pop up in the usual January Direct.

JonnyTorso

Nov 2, 2017
MN
Kind of hoping it's a switch 2 launch title at this point.

Not that I want to have to struggle to play it because it'll probably be impossible to get a switch on launch, but goddamn it'll look so good.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Seems to me like they've held it back for when the Switch 2 is announced, so that it can be a launch title.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With how good Retro made Prime Remastered look on the current hardware, I think Nintendo pushing for Retro to release this on the "Super Nintendo Switch" as a visual showcase piece. So I honestly expect to see this whenever the new hardware is finally announced next year.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
For sure. They won't drop Switch support after all these years and can bump the visuals up for Switch 2 to be a showcase for the launch. Win-win.

mjw

Oct 27, 2017
I've long since figured that, this Direct didn't really change anything for me

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
I wouldn't say it's a lock yet -- while I don't think they'll outright shadowdrop Metroid Prime 4, I don't think we should necessarily expect to get a release date months ahead of time. We could still get an early 2023 Switch release.