• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you buying this month?

• Theatrhythm Final Bar Line (Feb 16)

Votes: 131 19.3%
  • Wild Hearts (Feb 17)

Votes: 76 11.2%
  • Atomic Heart (Feb 21)

Votes: 129 19.0%
  • Like A Dragon: Ishin! (Feb 21)

Votes: 265 39.0%
  • PSVR2 and various PSVR2 Games (Feb 22)

Votes: 166 24.4%
  • Octopath Traveler 2 (Feb 24)

Votes: 202 29.7%
  • Destiny 2: Lightfall (Feb 28)

Votes: 104 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. Eventually Like a Dragon when the price drops. I have yet to play the first Octopath Traveler, but I'm interested.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely PSVR2 along with Horizon COTM.

I want Hogwarts, but I'll probably wait until I can buy it used. And even then only if it gets good reviews.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Surprised how many things are in my interest this month but I'm passing.

No games til RE4 is my plan.

Jabroni Chief

Oct 28, 2017
Fresno CA
Wanted: Dead CE PS5 (want the SteelBook & the LE goods)
Like a Dragon: Ishiin PS5 (SteelBook Bonus at Best Buy)
Octopath Traveler II PS5 (SteelBook Bonus at Best Buy)
Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society PS5 (part of a Buy 2 Get 1 Free Preorder from Target)
Wild Hearts PS5 (enjoyed Toukiden 1 & 2...can't wait for another Omega Force hunting title!)
Witch on the Holy Night LE PS4
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line PS4
Victrix Pro BFG Wireless PS5
and last but not least PSVR 2 with the Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle.

Last edited:

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Like A Dragon, Tales, and Octopath2 are all games I'm really interested in but Destiny grinding for the Lightfall raid is already taking up all my free time, not to mention I'm buying a PSVR2 with like 6 games and theatrythm.

(FF:TCC would make an amazing VR game btw, with motion controls)

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
ISHIN!

Day one easy

My fingers om the pulse for Atomic Heart. Animations look cool. But I need reviews to tell me it plays well and looks good enough on PS4. I may not get it until April

CosmicGP

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely nothing. It's a good thing that Yakuza Ishin looks quite dated to me (about the same generation as Forspoken), so I won't be tempted to buy it.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
I got the Premium Digital Deluxe edition of Theatrhythm pre-ordered, because I'm a sucker for that series and SQEX can have all my money.
As a big Monster Hunter fan, I'm also VERY curious about Wild Hearts. Will probably get it unless reviews are very poor.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I have my eye on Kirby pending what the new content looks like. I haven't played RTDL since release and it would be good for the voucher program with Zelda.

Tales Of Symphonia I'm somewhat interested in but will definitely wait to go on sale.

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
I just purchase a Steam Deck so I don't know if I'll pick up any new games. But if I do, Like a Dragon is the most likely.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
Definite purchases:
Deliver Us Mars (PS5)
Journey to the Savage Planet (PS5) - Free upgrade with the Hot Garbage DLC
Tetris Effect (PS5)
Rez Infinite (PS5)
Clive 'n' Wrench (PS5)

Undecided/Maybe Purchases:
Wild Hearts - Not sure I want to pay £70 for it but something about it is clicking with me. Waiting for reviews
Tales of Symphonia Remastered - It's a very light remaster but it's one of the first JRPGs I finished and loved so the pull it there
Atomic Heart - It'll be on Gamepass so I can play it but I'm not expecting it to run well on Series S and I'm trepidatious over the dev situation
Like A Dragon: Ishin! - Never played a Yakuza game but I like the look of this one. Not sure whether i should try from the start or just try here
Octopath Traveller 2 - Wasn't blown away by the demo for the original so didn't play it but kind of want a solid JRPG to play this month
The Pale Beyond - Haven't been doing much PC gaming in recent years, like the look of this but feel I'll buy it and it'll just sit in my library
Destiny 2: Lightfall - Every expansion I feel intrigued to jump back in but don't know if I can be bothered after all this time

It's a decently packed month and I suspect there's still a handful of smaller indie titles awaiting dates to add to this. Trying to not let FOMO get to me but I have a feeling a lot of the Maybes will end up being purchased.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Warned: Discussion of Banned Game
Just Hogwarts. Big FOMO going on there as basically everyone around me (including my non gamer teamlead) is getting it.
Might get Octopath or Atomic Heart next month.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I think I'm going to wait a month or two for ishin. The 2nd hand prices here are pretty good.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm spending $15 this month on EA Play Pro so I can play Dead Space Remake and Wild Hearts on PC. If WH is good, I'll get it on Steam since it's a game I can easily spend hundreds of hours in. Gotta make sure the mechanics are tight, gameplay loop is good and of course the PC port isn't terrible.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'm not sure I even understand the point of the Hogwarts ban if people are allowed to freely gush about how excited they are for it in here.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Octopath 2 and Like a Dragon Ishin are a definite yes.

Wild Hearts is probably a yes, at the very least I'll try play the 10 hour trial that you usually get from game pass/ea access or otherwise buy it on PC.

Theatrhythm is a maybe. I did enjoy previous ones, but I kinda want it on PC and it's seemingly not releasing on that platform, which leaves me in an awkward spot. I could still get it on either Switch or PS4, but I feel like either isn't ideal.

Not mentioned in the OP, but I'm potentially interested in Digimon World Next Order and The Settlers: New Allies also depending on impressions. Returnal is also a maybe but I'm a bit undecided on that one since I'm not massive on roguelite/roguelikes.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
I'm not sure I even understand the point of the Hogwarts ban if people are allowed to freely gush about how excited they are for it in here.
Unless I'm missing a post or two, I'm not sure how simply saying that you're going to buy it is gushing over it. Should anyone even bringing up the name in the context of a "What are you buying this month" thread be banned?

Laur

Oct 27, 2017
Labyrinth of Galleria and Octopath 2! Been looking forward to the former for a long while now.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Unless I'm missing a post or two, I'm not sure how simply saying that you're going to buy it is gushing over it. Should anyone even bringing up the name in the context of a "What are you buying this month" thread be banned?
You've definitely missed a few posts.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
You've definitely missed a few posts.
Yea, I went through the entire thread and saw two posts that could be considered even remotely gushing about it. In a thread with nearly 350 posts, that's certainly not enough to get bent out of shape over. I'd say the ban is working pretty well considering most are just saying the name or "the game that shall not be named" and leaving it at that.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yea, I went through the entire thread and saw two posts that could be considered even remotely gushing about it. In a thread with nearly 350 posts, that's certainly not enough to get bent out of shape over. I'd say the ban is working pretty well considering most are just saying the name or "the game that shall not be named" and leaving it at that.
I mean, you were the one acting confused about someone referring to those posts 🤷‍♀️

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, LAD Ishin comes out the day before PSVR2?
My sleep schedule will be absolutely fucked for the next few months...

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like I'm getting nothing. Especially not Hogfarts Legacy and Atomic Fart. They stanky. One definitely helps Rowling cause suffering for trans people and the other quite likely supports Russia's war crimes.

I'll keep Hitmanning instead. Buy Hitman everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.